Big sky blue news tomorrow (3 Viewers)

robbiethemole

The only thing that would help is if your beloved Wasps curled up and died, I can't wait for Richardson to pull the plug and watch the club disappear

peaches and cream

Interesting that CCFC will have the best commercial deal and access to revenues since being at the Ricoh.
I for one have always agreed CCFC should have a share of revenues from match days. Only a fool would argue that over a season CCFC won't get more people through the gates than Wasps and as such make the Ricoh more profitable, why shouldn't you receive a fair percentage of that money.

torchomatic

The only thing that would help is if your beloved Wasps curled up and died, I can't wait for Richardson to pull the plug and watch the club disappear
Harsh, but fair.

chiefdave

I hope the deal gives us the oppportunity to make it feel like home. We can’t be dealing with it being a rugby stadium that we use for two hours during which time their branding is completely in our face and their stewards do their best to ruin the atmosphere. We should have the whole site for the whole day and be able to put on fan zones and everything.

When we movedMR said we’ve gone from a stadium we rent where we’re not made to feel welcome to a stadium we rent where we are made to feel welcome. That needs to change completely.

With the fixtures other clubs that share just play on opposite weekends. It’s simple enough to arrange then any TV games can fit in. Can give us the whole weekend on site then. It could easily have been done before but Wasps were clearly just throwing their weight around.
Not difficult is it? Just needs everyone to act like adults. Things not only allowing access to the ground a few hours either side of the match is just being awkward for the sake of it. Not like the stadium bowl is in constant use. Would it really be that difficult to say you can come in the day before to setup and the day after to remove everything.

Liquid Gold

That argument works both ways. if you want a good landlord then be a good tenant.
One step towards that relationship will hopefully involve the club being given primacy on their weekends in a mutually beneficial arrangement where we play on separate weekends instead of crying that the EFL can't force you to do anything then fucking the club around on fixtures, hospitality and everything else.

peaches and cream

you really are in turmoil aren't you. It's really not healthy to have that much anger bottled up inside so i'm happy that i can provide you with a vessel to vent your frustrations. Glad to help and here's hoping you feel just a little bit better now.

stupot07

I'm a bit underwhelmed. It is not big news at all, just speculation.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

you really are in turmoil aren't you. It's really not healthy to have that much anger bottled up inside so i'm happy that i can provide you with a vessel to vent your frustrations. Glad to help and here's hoping you feel just a little bit better now.

and you are a very patronising person, and probably quite representative of many Wasps fans, going by lots of their comments. Most "don't mind" CCFC being at the Ricoh?? WTF? you bastards shouldn't even be having a sniff of the place, let alone be in control of it. Maybe your boss will give it a lick of paint and clean the shithole you've let it become, before we come home.

peaches and cream

One step towards that relationship will hopefully involve the club being given primacy on their weekends in a mutually beneficial arrangement where we play on separate weekends instead of crying that the EFL can't force you to do anything then fucking the club around on fixtures, hospitality and everything else.
If you look at my earlier posts I totally agree with you. in a sensible world it would be easy to arrange but in the past when has sensible come into it with Wasps and SISU

Liquid Gold

If you look at my earlier posts I totally agree with you. in a sensible world it would be easy to arrange but in the past when has sensible come into it with Wasps and SISU
Well then just say that and leave it at that, there was no need to go on about the EFL not being able to force you into doing anything. It comes across as more of the same arrogance we've had to deal with from your lot since you rocked up.

Last edited:

peaches and cream

and you are a very patronising person, and probably quite representative of many Wasps fans, going by lots of their comments. Most "don't mind" CCFC being at the Ricoh?? WTF? you bastards shouldn't even be having a sniff of the place, let alone be in control of it. Maybe your boss will give it a lick of paint and clean the shithole you've let it become, before we come home.
Like it or not at the moment Wasps are in control of the Ricoh, that may or may not continue to be the case but while it is you're just going to have accept it. There you go that statement should get you worked up enough that your screen will need all the spital wiping off it.

Travs

Don't like my comments?? fuck off back to the Wasps site then, I hate the bastards, Club, players, fans anyone to do with them, and the two-faced doubledealing CCC who set the deal up for them

You know, I finally logged out of my account on here a couple of days ago. Just sick of constant bitching on every subject.

Logged back in today to read about the Ricoh deal, and really wish I hadn't bothered. Just more of the same.

I think barely anyone on here is really happy with the entire situation with Wasps and their relationship in the city, and how it impacts on CCFC and CRFC.

But launching a rash of foul-mouthed bullshit at a Wasps fan who generally comes across as a reasonable person, just makes you look like an absolute clown and doesn't paint the rest of CCFC fans in a good light.

I can see why I don't want to bother with this place any more (with the exception of the running thread)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Looks good so far but would rather news had broken as a done deal. Hopefully the announcement will be tomorrow.

Primacy is a red herring. Yes the EFL have a regulation stating the club should have primacy but they also include in their regulations sections saying that they can use their discretion. Yes they could object. They are not going to object if CCFC have to work around the Wasps fixtures which are often on a Sunday and no midweek games in any case. They just want the whole matter to go away. If the EFL blocked it you can imagine the next step - legal action

Sky are not going to worry about it they will just show a different match if they cant fit CCFC in. Probably not going to be much of a problem in any case.

standing back from it, if you are non partisan you would expect owners to put themselves first in the use of their asset. Obviously we are not partisan and CCFC comes first

For this to work then it requires a will to make it do so, toning egos down and acting as grown ups by both sides. It is in both sides benefit for there to be a good working relationship

In terms of signage, fans areas etc - i would expect that is all available at a price. If CCFC want it they will need to make a case and pay for it, Wasps need to be open to the idea and not milk it. There seem to be better relationships between the stadium management and operational management of CCFC

Am i wrong in thinking that the EU case had been put to one side in the last negotiations? Isn't it something Pete & Mark were pushing Wasps on? again irrelevant really as it seems for this deal it has been done and that's the deal that matters

Will be interesting to see the progress made on the Uni stadium in say the next 12 to 18 months. Can't help thinking there wont be much for all sorts of "reasons"

Overall its a feel good day for nearly all of us :)

robbiethemole

Like it or not at the moment Wasps are in control of the Ricoh, that may or may not continue to be the case but while it is you're just going to have accept it. There you go that statement should get you worked up enough that your screen will need all the spital wiping off it.

I think you'll find it's spelt "spittle". I accept the control they have, but I'm really not worked up over it. I also accept SISU must shoulder a large responsibility for letting them get into the position with CCC they have. It doesn't mean I have to like any of the parties involved, but Wasps I dislike most and, as stated earlier, can't wait for them to fold.

Liquid Gold

You know, I finally logged out of my account on here a couple of days ago. Just sick of constant bitching on every subject.

Logged back in today to read about the Ricoh deal, and really wish I hadn't bothered. Just more of the same.

I think barely anyone on here is really happy with the entire situation with Wasps and their relationship in the city, and how it impacts on CCFC and CRFC.

But launching a rash of foul-mouthed bullshit at a Wasps fan who generally comes across as a reasonable person, just makes you look like an absolute clown and doesn't paint the rest of CCFC fans in a good light.

I can see why I don't want to bother with this place any more (with the exception of the running thread)
I'm going to fuck that running thread up so bad

robbiethemole

I'm so terribly, terribly sorry for offending you, does reality ever encroach on your world? Have you ever looked at the Wasps board? it will open your eyes to the arrogance and dislike they have for "us". This reasonable person you talk about is just the same as them, only comes here to make platitudes and patronise, why not stop on his own board then?

AFCCOVENTRY

An agreement in place for a club shop, branding around the Ricoh so it's looking good once the EFL sign-off which we're expecting today

Travs

I'm so terribly, terribly sorry for offending you, does reality ever encroach on your world? Have you ever looked at the Wasps board? it will open your eyes to the arrogance and dislike they have for "us". This reasonable person you talk about is just the same as them, only comes here to make platitudes and patronise, why not stop on his own board then?

Well I think it's quite clear from my post that I'm no fan of Waps (quite an understatement actually).

However I do live in "reality" and am able to not spout off a load of abuse at every Wasps fan I see.

You're welcome to go ahead and write whatever you like about them... I just think you're a bit of a twat.

jordan210

Look how the turns have tabled

giphy.gif

Magwitch1

What’s annoying me with this apparent move back to the Ricoh is this hasn’t happened overnight and has probably been bubbling away for a month or two why didn’t our owner stump up some extra dosh to allow MR to bring in one or two decent extra bodies to help guarantee us staying in the championship.

mark82

Looks good so far but would rather news had broken as a done deal. Hopefully the announcement will be tomorrow.

Primacy is a red herring. Yes the EFL have a regulation stating the club should have primacy but they also include in their regulations sections saying that they can use their discretion. Yes they could object. They are not going to object if CCFC have to work around the Wasps fixtures which are often on a Sunday and no midweek games in any case. They just want the whole matter to go away. If the EFL blocked it you can imagine the next step - legal action

Sky are not going to worry about it they will just show a different match if they cant fit CCFC in. Probably not going to be much of a problem in any case.

standing back from it, if you are non partisan you would expect owners to put themselves first in the use of their asset. Obviously we are not partisan and CCFC comes first

For this to work then it requires a will to make it do so, toning egos down and acting as grown ups by both sides. It is in both sides benefit for there to be a good working relationship

In terms of signage, fans areas etc - i would expect that is all available at a price. If CCFC want it they will need to make a case and pay for it, Wasps need to be open to the idea and not milk it. There seem to be better relationships between the stadium management and operational management of CCFC

Am i wrong in thinking that the EU case had been put to one side in the last negotiations? Isn't it something Pete & Mark were pushing Wasps on? again irrelevant really as it seems for this deal it has been done and that's the deal that matters

Will be interesting to see the progress made on the Uni stadium in say the next 12 to 18 months. Can't help thinking there wont be much for all sorts of "reasons"

Overall its a feel good day for nearly all of us :)

Yes, believe any problematic legal requests from Wasps side were put to one side September time. I'm sure there were discussions around this still in the months after that but clearly there's been a compromise that both sides are happy with.

Regarding new stadium, sure there will be provisions for this in the deal. Don't think new stadium talk will go away just yet. Don't really care if they push forward with that or not at the moment, the important thing is we can have a bit of stability stadium wise for a few years. You'd think at some point in the next 10 years our future would be decided one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread