Bidwell (4 Viewers)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Problem with undisclosed fees is that we don’t know.

Boddy in his podcast specifically mentions that we made “substantial profit” on Chaplin and placed emphasis on that.

Make of that what you will.

To be fair he also said we received 'significant' bids in the previous window and that we spent a 'significant' amount on Josh Reid last January.

I like Dave but I really wouldn't read too much into it as his definition of significant/substantial clearly differs to everyone else's.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dave Boddy says that we are looking to follow the Brentford model.

You know better than Dave Boddy.

Ok.

Right ho.

My personal thought, clearly, repeatedly and in line to a degree with what you say, is that the signing of Waghorn didn’t fit the “model”. Hence my initial and continuous pointing out that I thought it strange and a bad bit of business.

I’m sticking to my guns because:

I’m right.
It's not the same.

Brentford were going to the lower leagues and buying the best young players in it for what would be decent fees for us, with the hope they would develop even further and so be sold of for massive profits to then bring in some more, thereby incrementally improving the team.

We're not doing that. We're looking for young players relatively cheaply who we think might come good and maybe one or two will make a handsome profit to keep us going.

stupot07

Brentford signed far more players from abroad that we have. In their championship promotion season their main 11 were

Raya - Spanish
Henry - English
Pinnock - Jamaican (born in uk)
Canos - Spanish
Sorenson - Danish
Dalsgard - Danish
Janelt - German
Jensen - Danish
Mbueno- French
Fosu - Ghanian
Toney - English

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Brentford signed far more players from abroad that we have. In their championship promotion season their main 11 were

Raya - Spanish
Henry - English
Pinnock - Jamaican (born in uk)
Canos - Spanish
Sorenson - Danish
Dalsgard - Danish
Janelt - German
Jensen - Danish
Mbueno- French
Fosu - Ghanian
Toney - English

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Norgaard?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I'd say the rolls Royce could do with a bit of a service

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah the big ends gone.

slowpoke

Well he wasn’t right v Swansea early in the game.
Possibly six or more weeks without anti-Bidwell posts some on here will go into meltdown.

SBAndy

I hope it has been an underlying issue and that’s why his performances largely haven’t been up to scratch. It’d make sense with him being in and out of the starting lineup a fair bit.

steve cooper

Injured
Hyam
Kelly
Eccles
Bidwell
Jones
Dabo

Not fully fit / not deemed fit enough to play the full 90 min.
Godden
Waghorn
O'Hare
Sheaf
(not sure about Kane, suspect he only played 90 yesterday because we had no other options)
From a squad as small as ours this is a major issue.

CCFC54321

Injured
Hyam
Kelly
Eccles
Bidwell
Jones
Dabo

Godden
Waghorn
O'Hare
Sheaf
(not sure about Kane, suspect he only played 90 yesterday because we had no other options)
Hope your sitting down for this but Dabo is surprisingly not injured/covid/suspended for Saturdays game.

Skybluebeliever

Injured
Hyam
Kelly
Eccles
Bidwell
Jones
Dabo

Godden
Waghorn
O'Hare
Sheaf
Sheaf was dropped/rested last night , he is fully fit

slowpoke

I don’t think Bidwell has been 100% fit since he signed hopefully he will get rid of this injury and come back better. We had it with JCS who had a lingering achillies problem and some indifferent performances but now he’s shaken that off is showing us what a good player he is every game.

SBT

Hilarious if we cleared the decks in January to replace Maatsen (who missed three games with injury) for a player carrying an even more serious injury. Great window, lads.

cc84cov

I don’t think Bidwell has been 100% fit since he signed hopefully he will get rid of this injury and come back better. We had it with JCS who had a lingering achillies problem and some indifferent performances but now he’s shaken that off is showing us what a good player he is every game.
Passed a medical though didn’t he ?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Passed a medical though didn’t he ?

In most instances players only actually fail a medical if they find an underlying health issue or serious injury which is likely to have an adverse effect on their ability to perform or play in the long term.

Just because a player has a minor injury they won't 'fail' the medical. That's not how it works.

cc84cov

In most instances players only actually fail a medical if they find an underlying health issue or serious injury which is likely to have an adverse effect on their ability to perform or play in the long term.

Just because a player has a minor injury they won't 'fail' the medical. That's not how it works.
He looks the most unfit player at the club

Users who are viewing this thread