Bidwell appreciation (1 Viewer)

AngryAnt

Just looked at his wiki and was surprised he only signed in 2022, I feel like we've had him for longer.
Always liked him, he's steady and does his job like an old fashion player, plus massive kudos to him with the way he just gets up and walks away from tackles rather than rolling around on the floor like he's been shot.

stupot07

Bidwell!
b45ce53bea7212881505f7c4f40492dd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rob9872

Was just typing how I think we'll go in for Harrison Burrows in the summer, but didn't want to jinx him and he shored the opener at Wembley... set up by EMC

rob9872

1-1 now 89th minute

rob9872

Burrows winner lol

Otis

Dasilva has to go
I disagree.

He's on a four year contract, I don't think there will be that much interest and there is still time for him to improve.

Robins and Viveash see something in him, so I would give him next year as well, to prove himself.

I don't think he should be anywhere near the left back slot right now, however.

PVA

How many attacking contributions would we say he typically provides per match?

Depends what you mean by attacking contributions, but shot creating actions is measured and he makes 2.16 per game, which is ranked 10th in the squad.

He's in the team for his defensive capabilities though rather than his attacking threat.

Grendel

Depends what you mean by attacking contributions, but shot creating actions is measured and he makes 2.16 per game, which is ranked 10th in the squad.

He's in the team for his defensive capabilities though rather than his attacking threat.

He creates a lot with direct running to the byline - he wasn’t used at all against Cardiff but got several crosses into the box yesterday in the first half

Dasilva was signed as a LWB and is pretty decent in that position but the problem is now we have moved to 4 at the back he doesn’t suit the LB position at all.

As he is on a 4 year contract I can’t see him moving on in the summer. I don’t see him as a capable understudy to Bidwell and I think we need someone else in that position but I don’t envisage us signing another and having 3 registered LBs.

Burroughs to be the understudy maybe? Although we may have the same problem as he is playing as a wing back and I haven’t seen him there to make a judgement, but he certainly has much better physical attributes for the role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blunted

There is a reason why Bidwell has already been to three playoff finals and at least a semi-final this year, if not injured. He is class.
Da Silva was an exceptional player in his early years at Chelsea; the best player in the country for his age. Like Palmer, he lost his way at Bristol. If anyone can get Da Silva back to his best it is Adi. Being small is always a drawback for a defender. People never learn however, I cannot think of a player in the current team who have not been deemed not good enough in the past.

Grendel

Dasilva can play two or three positions and is a tidy player. Just SBT weirdness about shipping out any player they haven’t got on the back of their shirt.

Shalm we revisit your Jamie Allen posts?

Users who are viewing this thread