Bidwell appreciation (2 Viewers)

Boicey

Jake Bidwell deserves a lot more credit than he gets.
He came back when we were pretty dodgy at the back and (along with Kitching) has really helped solidify things.
He was out of favour for a good while but came back in as a true pro and got on with it and has made a significant difference. Including being central to the sending off yesterday ;0).
Hope he gets a new contract soon, he deserves it. Even at 30 he’s at least a proven squad asset.

SkyblueTexan

Jake Bidwell deserves a lot more credit than he gets.
He came back when we were pretty dodgy at the back and (along with Kitching) has really helped solidify things.
He was out of favour for a good while but came back in as a true pro and got on with it and has made a significant difference. Including being central to the sending off yesterday ;0).
Hope he gets a new contract soon, he deserves it. Even at 30 he’s at least a proven squad asset.
After bouncing back from that crunching tackle. COH dubbed him the ”Terminator”. Apt nickname I think. I know COH is the “Solihull Messi”. Wonder which other players have nicknames.

Adge

Massive Bidwell fan and also Palmer, but it changed massively yesterday for us when Simms and Da Silva came on. Arguably against 10 men who were tired, but shows how important the squad is not just the 11.
It was an easy gig yesterday for Da Silva as there was no attacking threat for that period down his side to defend-this we know is one of his flaws, but did well for his cameo.
Bidwell is an experienced campaigner and you know what you get with him-reliable-solid and the attacking basis is on Haji right down the left. A perfect combination in a 4 4 2 .

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

After bouncing back from that crunching tackle. COH dubbed him the ”Terminator”. Apt nickname I think. I know COH is the “Solihull Messi”. Wonder which other players have nicknames.

Here's one, Simms, Twinkle Toes. 😂

Gint11

Massive Bidwell fan and also Palmer, but it changed massively yesterday for us when Simms and Da Silva came on. Arguably against 10 men who were tired, but shows how important the squad is not just the 11.

I agree with the thread comments generally, bidders is a steady Eddie but I actually thought he had a quiet game yesterday.

Great_Expectations

Took me a while to appreciate Bidwell if I’m honest. I first noticed his defensive work and then slowly saw he did add something offensively.

Since his return to the starting line up this year I’ve certainly appreciated his contribution. He’s either stepped it up or he was just taken for granted. I’m always confident he’s unlikely to be beat defensively and while he isn’t a creative offensive outlet, he’s consistently an option and is positionally very good. It works well behind a more offensive left forward like Wright or Palmer.

I recently rewatched the pre Wembley players video and he’s on there. It demonstrated he has an affinity with the club, even if he’s forever emotionless!

Yank

Consummate professional and always gives his all out there; that's enough for me.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Golden balls Sakamoto. 😜

Sick Boy

Took me a while to appreciate Bidwell if I’m honest. I first noticed his defensive work and then slowly saw he did add something offensively.

Since his return to the starting line up this year I’ve certainly appreciated his contribution. He’s either stepped it up or he was just taken for granted. I’m always confident he’s unlikely to be beat defensively and while he isn’t a creative offensive outlet, he’s consistently an option and is positionally very good. It works well behind a more offensive left forward like Wright or Palmer.

I recently rewatched the pre Wembley players video and he’s on there. It demonstrated he has an affinity with the club, even if he’s forever emotionless!
He was in tears after the semi- final win!

Sbarcher

Mr. Reliable. A 7 every game.

SkyblueTexan

Mr. Rolls-Royce

slowpoke

Do those “experts” on here feel any embarrassment for knocking Bidders when he first joined ?

Skyblue Bangkok

Hes a fantastic player. Never understood the abuse he gets from some.

Bidwell suffered last year, because his name wasnt Ian Maatsen

The man is one of the best Left Backs in the league and if you look at his career, has been for nearly a decade
Don't moan when he wasn't getting into the first team ,since he's been back especially in a flat back 4 the team has looked a lot better defensively.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Real asset at this level, very consistent and i'm not surprised he's regularly been involved with teams competing for a top 6 place. He isn't the quickest which I think led to him coming off vs Leicester but he always does his job and is a key part of our recent success for sure. I can't think of a better left-back we could get without spending a substantial sum of money which tells you plenty.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Solid player and surely should be on the team sheet every week. I really hope Robins continues to pick him, as for me he is head and shoulders about JDS.

He also looks like he cuts his hair every day.

Users who are viewing this thread