Bids for McNulty / McNulty to Reading (3 Viewers)

tisza

Hard to knock a player moving up a division (s)(wouldn't mind knocking his agent!!). Financially differences between Leagues just too big for a player to ignore.
Didn't ask for a move.
Was key to a promotion season.
Thanks for the memories & good luck for the future.

Liquid Gold

McNulty is badly advised by his agent, hopefully we pass them on the way down with a much better player up front.

Like someone else has said, this stinks of Cody McDonald, moving too soon after a very good season in league 2 to a team in the championship that’s in danger of relegation and cutting costs.

Thanks for the goals and the promotion but the way you’ve moved has left a bad taste, won’t be welcomed back warmly if he plays at the Ricoh again.

Gman1987

I won’t have a problem with him. Worked his boots off to get us up and is rewarded with a better offer elsewhere. Has a young family and one bad tackle it could all be over so fair play to him
Would agree the move could backfire as they may well be in League one sooner rather than later

RegTheDonk

My 7 year old is crying his little heart out losing his idol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that Stu, he'll forget him 1st game of the season when we wallop Scunny. In the meantime, you'll have to make up a nice story to cheer him up....

Liquid Gold

He scored 1 goal in his first 13 games here while he adjusted to league 2. He's never going to get that time under Clement in the Championship. I just think this is a bad move for him. I trust Robins to bring in better than him if he's given control of the money.

David O'Day

He scored 1 goal in his first 13 games here while he adjusted to league 2. He's never going to get that time under Clement in the Championship. I just think this is a bad move for him. I trust Robins to bring in better than him if he's given control of the money.

It also frees Robins up to look more at his favoured 4-2-3-1 system

Magwitch

Has he officially gone or not ? If he had I suspect Mark Robins knew he would and has long had a replacement or two lined up. I’m not that bothered can’t harm us from chammpioship and I hope he does well.

Terry Gibson's perm

Anything over a million for a division four player is good business we have to trust the manager to bring a replacement in, I wonder how much will be reinvested?

no_loyalty

I guess he wants to play in the Championship now, to try and force his way into the Scotland squad

fatso

Let’s just hope that Robins has already got a replacement lined up.
I’d be surprised if we would let him go before securing a suitable front man, so W watch this space!

chiefdave

Couldn't give a shit if he rots on the bench to be honest. Not our player now, didn't want to be here.
Exactly, I keep an eye out for the kids who have come through our academy and move on but when a player comes in for one season and then moves on who cares what happens to them next.

Grendel

McNulty is badly advised by his agent, hopefully we pass them on the way down with a much better player up front.

Like someone else has said, this stinks of Cody McDonald, moving too soon after a very good season in league 2 to a team in the championship that’s in danger of relegation and cutting costs.

Thanks for the goals and the promotion but the way you’ve moved has left a bad taste, won’t be welcomed back warmly if he plays at the Ricoh again.

You do talk rubbish. Cody McDonald? Reading have a wage bill of nearly £30 million - even looking conservatively on a 4 year deal he’s become a millionaire today.

Brighton Sky Blue

Get promoted next season and wave at him as we swap divisions. There is no loyalty in any profession and a whiff of more money at a higher level is nearly always too hard to resist for these guys.

Unproven above Div 4, we can use the cash to bring in a replacement of equal or better calibre. Hope Doyle gave him a nice training ground parting gift on the last day...

Reactions: vow

luwalla

I have to say, as much as it hurt my two boys and deflated me a bit earlier... he just earnt himself a four year deal at most likely pretty decent wage ( even if it wasn’t that much better than ours ) with a chance to prove himself at the second higher level of football in the UK.... can’t blame him for that guys.

He will be 30 by the time that ends & if he looks after the money right he can st himself and his family up , and isn’t that what we all just want to do ?

He could have folded after not scoring for so long for us last season, he didn’t , he manned up & played on and came good.. no doubt without him we don’t go up

Time to say thank you and goodbye Marc... onwards we rise without him

In robins we trust....

Gazolba

It was unrealistic to think we could hold on to him. Now we have to hope that Ponticelli suddenly comes good.

shmmeee

4 year deal, Id have his dickhead agent too if that's what he can pull off.

Time to get a replacement in now. Someone proven ideally. Trust in Robins, but any new striker is always a gamble as to whether they score.

Edit: take the whole fee and offer it for Eisa.

Ricketts

You cannot blame him for going for a 4 year deal and what is probably (at least) threetimes his current wages.

He is not a local boy, not even from the same country.

Thanks for what you did, good luck, goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread