Transfer Rumour Bids for Chaplin (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Down payment?

Yep, that's August's payment out of the way.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think he would have played better in a pair but that’s not something we do, I also thought he wasn’t particularly fast for a small player

mark82

Bit of a shame. Don't think we'll miss him as such as he wasn't a key part of the team, but undoubtedly has a lot of potential. Was obviously our marquee signing last year, so hopefully they'll make a splash with another signing.

Alkhen

Like others i think he will turn good is in the right system... but... he didnt really take his chances and some of his misses will live a long time in my memory.. Sunderland at home last few mins 1 on 1 to win it... open goal header vs Blackpool

giphy.gif

Gibbo

1. Chaplin is too slow over the first 10 yards (surprising for a man of his height and build)
2. He had a poor positional sense - not just too deep but often the wrong place. He was the only forward not involved in the Hiwula goal against Southend because he was way out on the touchline where Bayliss already was - to cite one example
3. Wobbly first touch - bad for a striker
4. You can be short, but he is too short for a striker if you also lack the skills 1-3 above

If he comes good, then good for him, but he would not be our turn key for success. Take the money and run

Grendel

Well unless we have a replacement it’s clearly a big issue as we are now hopelessly light on forwards and two that we have - Bakayoko and Biamou will struggle to get to double figures between them.

Hiwula is hit or miss but is likely to score some goals but say he picks up an injury we are looking very weak upfront

Cavan O'Doherty

Well unless we have a replacement it’s clearly a big issue as we are now hopelessly light on forwards and two that we have - Bakayoko and Biamou will struggle to get to double figures between them.

Hiwula is hit or miss but is likely to score some goals but say he picks up an injury we are looking very weak upfront
Don’t you think he knows this? He wouldn’t sell Chaplin unless he knew he had someone lined up, the mans not stupid!

Grendel

Don’t you think he knows this? He wouldn’t sell Chaplin unless he knew he has someone lined up, the mans not stupid!

Well he would if the player wants to go

Evo1883

I personally think we've done the right thing, I wish him all the best but I think we will look back in 2/3 years and see this was a great bit of business

gspotgaz

Good luck to the guy. Too difficult to predict his full potential like many have said but I truly think he could kick on with the right players/formation.

Will remember his shithousery to Sunderland fans with fond memories.

Johnnythespider

I think we were maybe expecting too much from Chaplin, he didn't really deliver for me and my memories of him will strongly feature the photo's of him coming last in the sprints when the players came back for pre-season, and my personal favourite when he dressed up as a jockey at the clubs race day.
Over to you Mr Robins.

SkyBlueCRJ

Well he would if the player wants to go

You're purposely making assumptions to fit your own argument. I know you're hardly the most rational of human beings but before you spiral into a minor meltdown and fall out with people along the way why don't you wait and see what happens. Also, have a bit of faith in Robins, or is that far too much for your ego to handle?

vow

2. He had a poor positional sense - not just too deep but often the wrong place.
Totally disagree, his movement, spacial sense and positional sense were excellent!
It was the likes of Thomas and to an extent Bright also that took wrong decisions to find him eg. taking an extra touch, not passing/crossing and shooting (especially Thomas) at the wrong time, unfortunately.

Grendel

You're purposely making assumptions to fit your own argument. I know you're hardly the most rational of human beings but before you spiral into a minor meltdown and fall out with people along the way why don't you wait and see what happens. Also, have a bit of faith in Robins, or is that far too much for your ego to handle?

Says the person who had a meltdown over why Bolton weren’t playing a friendly

Grendel

Wasn't really a meltdown. I wasn't the one calling people twats. Nice mature response though - I see you've taken the route of falling out with people.

Why don’t you just run along and stop blurting out rubbish

Grendel

Think I'll leave the speaking rubbish to you as you're clearly the expert.

Oh sorry I forgot to include the speech marks. You said these things when not having a meltdown discussing the vital topic of a Bolton friendly

Bolton away

RoboCCFC90

Going back to an earlier comment of mine on a different thread, I'm not disappointed by losing Chaplin as long as we are able to bring in a player who will have an impact immediately - something I believe Bright or Walker would have.

There is a decent player in Chaplin, we didn't see enough of it unfortunately and if we had managed to secure some sort of loan deal for Bright I don't think Chaplin would've been among the starters anyways!

Selling a player for a profit after six months is fantastic, that money needs to be reinvested now into a Bright or Walker on a three or four year deal..

Users who are viewing this thread