Biamou (1 Viewer)

Skyblueol

Just thought I’d post this as an appreciation to Biamou. Thought he was brilliant today. Only one who put in 100% and doesn’t stop running. Took the first very well and wow the second was amazing. He was very unlucky not to score a hatrick. The only shining light in what was a very dark and horrible performance I think.

pusbccfc

Has to start for me Saturday. Give JCH a rest. Biamou will be the only man in the squad full of confidence.

Nick

Administrator
He brought the ball out of the air a couple of times and laid it off and made a run. Simple stuff I know but made the difference compared to the ball going straight back at us.

larry_david

Looks like the rest has done him good. Our only player who looked today like he didn't have lead in his boots. Confident, the way he lined up that second he knew he had it. Starts next game

letsallsingtogether

Funny was just thinking who 2 weeks ago would say Biamou for goal of the season.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he’s really taking to the role of an impact sub. I think this is what he was signed for — come off the bench and make things happen. He seems to have the confidence to try more things when he comes off the bench.

He probably deserves a start v Notts County.

kdrinkell

That goal was sublime
The performance of the whole team was the same but not in the right way obv's

Londonccfcfan

Just thought I’d post this as an appreciation to Biamou. Thought he was brilliant today. Only one who put in 100% and doesn’t stop running. Took the first very well and wow the second was amazing. He was very unlucky not to score a hatrick. The only shining light in what was a very dark and horrible performance I think.

He’s been like that all season 100%

except now he has 3 goals in 90 mins. His goal per minute ration has improved dramatically now !

Love the guy. He’s 1 and 2 in my book for best goal league scored this year.

Grendel

He’s been like that all season 100%

except now he has 3 goals in 90 mins. His goal per minute ration has improved dramatically now !

Love the guy. He’s 1 and 2 in my book for best goal league scored this year.

It has he averages a goal I think every 359 minutes - I’ve heard Southgate has been asking if he has English grandparents.

Signs how far we have fallen

This thread.

Cavan O'Doherty

Yes I’m not his biggest fan but he was the only shining light today. Deserves a start against Notts County but I wouldn’t be sure of playing him over JCH. Could possibly play him on the right instead of Vincenti?

Londonccfcfan

Was a cracking shot ! - how did Sparky miss that header ?
It was harder to miss! Mind you he missed a very similar header vs Barnet. An an absolute sitter then.

He’s been shit for many weeks now, and I think I mentioned even when he got a hatrick he’s played better and got none.

stevefloyd

It was harder to miss! Mind you he missed a very similar header vs Barnet. An an absolute sitter then.

He’s been shit for many weeks now, and I think I mentioned even when he got a hatrick he’s played better and got none.
To be fair to McNulty he has scored more goals than I thought he would but as I have said a few times, I just cannot take to him ...today was one of the reasons why

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've been one of his biggest critics but seeing his impact against Newport and how hard he tried today I have to be honest and admit he gives more than any other player effortwise.

Yes, he's been a bit poor in some games with his ability but as Robins said, having a break has taken the pressure off him.

Yet another thread I've agreed with Nick on, but he's right. When he doesn't have to think too much he seems to be quite effective. If he was taking a penalty for example, I'd probably back him to miss 9/10.

Irish Sky Blue

I like Biamou and pleased he is adding goals to his game. A bit harsh on McNulty as I still think he is working hard and is still a threat. Today he made Biamou’s first and also laid one on a plate for someone, perhaps Vincenti, to tap into an open goal. Maybe should have scored with the header but possibly not an easy chance as he struggled to get over the ball.

Evo1883

Pleased he has finally started to hit the net , but he is best being used as he is, he almost thrives on it .

tskezz

I think he’s really taking to the role of an impact sub. I think this is what he was signed for — come off the bench and make things happen. He seems to have the confidence to try more things when he comes off the bench.

I agree. Last couple of months I think hes been our best player. But I do worry is that because hes coming on as an impact sub and would that disappear with a start.

Esoterica

That's rubbish. You're just dreaming up things and projecting it onto the situation. It's the role he's being deployed in that is giving him freedom. He's finally being allowed to play as a striker instead of that deep lying target man bullshit that Robins forced on him earlier in the season.

Mucca Mad Boys

That's rubbish. You're just dreaming up things and projecting it onto the situation. It's the role he's being deployed in that is giving him freedom. He's finally being allowed to play as a striker instead of that deep lying target man bullshit that Robins forced on him earlier in the season.

I’m just calling it as I see it. In the last 2 games, he’s scored more goals than in his previous 32 league games. He looks like a completely new player, he’s looked clinical and confident in front of goal. Hence, that absolute screamer he scored.

I am only speculating, and I’m certainly not projecting my opinion as fact. However, there are players who perform better coming on as a substitute as opposed to starting. Just a couple of examples being; Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Javier Hernandez (at Man U) and Edin Džeko.

Captain Dart

He is improving. Sometimes it just clicks, unfortunately a bit late in the season but still a few games left & I hope he can get a couple more goals.

Esoterica

I’m just calling it as I see it. In the last 2 games, he’s scored more goals than in his previous 32 league games. He looks like a completely new player, he’s looked clinical and confident in front of goal. Hence, that absolute screamer he scored.

I am only speculating, and I’m certainly not projecting my opinion as fact. However, there are players who perform better coming on as a substitute as opposed to starting. Just a couple of examples being; Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Javier Hernandez (at Man U) and Edin Džeko.
But surely you can see the difference in his position on the pitch? He hasn't started 20 league games, chosen to play that deep and have balls hammered head height in his general direction before going 'you know what, I quite like this sub lark, I'll play a bit higher and score a few.' A striker adjusting to L2, played in a role he's never done before who let an initial lack of goals get to him and missed a few easy chances. He's over that now and is showing his improvement when played as an actual striker with freedom instead of a restricted defensive target man. It's really as simple as that.

oucho

It's also the case that he's stepped up to the FL, has taken longer than we'd all have liked to adapt to the new level of football with new teammates, tactics, surroundings etc. Sometimes it can take a player a while o develop whereas others will the hit the ground running. He's starting, and I emphasise "starting", to look like he's found his feet with us, which is great news.

Users who are viewing this thread