Biamou Injury (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I think as a fanbase we are coming to agreement that we need to go 442, just not sure who to put on the left-hand side, or which pair of strikers to play.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Can't see AB starting for a while
To be subbed off after coming on as sub says all we need to know about how Robins feels about his performance

I’m not sure I agree about the sub the sub thing in AB’s case given that he came on after 2 minutes; he essentially started the game so Wasn’t like he came on for 20 mins then got subbed

Although what is clear is Robins hasn’t taken a liking to him much!

sylus

Can Doyle play in a 442? I feel he's vital to us but hasn't got the legs to play in a midfield 2

Doyle is 37, i believe and this is just my opinion here,that we don't need to play Doyle certainly for homes games,"rest him for away games" yeah bring him on as a sub if required but we need to inject pace into the side especially at home and i'm afraid Doyle just wouldn't start in my side,but would certainly figure away from home,we do not need to go defensive at home,go for it,if you are not picking up results at home,the chances are you will struggle away and moral will be low..GO FOR IT

shmmeee

Can Doyle play in a 442? I feel he's vital to us but hasn't got the legs to play in a midfield 2

He did last season, Im thinking if his legs have gone maybe it's time for him to be a bit part player and expand any coaching he's doing instead. I like Doyler, not sure we are in a position to carry a player for what he gives us outside actual footballing qualities if that makes sense.

robbiekeane

Clarke Harris is easily the best forward at the club. He is the only one who looks to have any instinct or movement in the penalty area. He has reasonable pace as well. Its absurd he is being left on the sidelines
so why isn't robins playing him?

Sky Blue Pete

He’s said he’s ok but don’t know if that’s cause he’s not sure or thought I was asking more about him than his injury

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally, I’d probably start with Hiwula and JCH upfront. With Ponticelli’s tidy finish v Oxford, albeit offside, he looks like our best finisher right now in all honesty.

My thinking right now is that we should play 4-4-2. None of our strikers seem like natural lone striker options, Bakayoko, Biamou JCH and probably Hiwula too, heck, even Chaplin (if he signed) have all been described as players best suited to having a strike partner.

My midfield would be; Bayliss, Ogogo, Doyle (MR seems persistent here), and Andreu

Strikers: JCH and Hiwula

We seem to have deviated from what we did well at the end of last season and that’s frustrating to see. I was underwhelmed by Bakayoko and my hope for him is that he’s a diamond in the rough.

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

352 for me, with Ogogo and Doyle both sitting, if not, Ogogo or Doyle, with Kelly and Bayliss. Will also take some of the defensive pressure off of Sterling / Mason/ Brown. It will also allow us to create a bit of width with a chance to get in behind d their full backs.

cc84cov

wss Chatting to my sons City Under 13 coach today they told me the system were playing currently is being used by all age groups,could be here to stay ffs,even they said they’ve never played 2 holding midfielders...

Hobo

He doesn't take selfies with pusb and Hobo

I think there is a good player In JCH but he needs to show more strength on the ball and stay on his feet. Biamou keeping him out of the side shows how ineffectual he has been, doesn't it?

Nick

Administrator
wss Chatting to my sons City Under 13 coach today they told me the system were playing currently is being used by all age groups,could be here to stay ffs,even they said they’ve never played 2 holding midfielders...
The u23 use wing backs with 3 central defenders.

shmmeee

We played 3 at the back in the U23 game the other day?

Grendel

I think there is a good player In JCH but he needs to show more strength on the ball and stay on his feet. Biamou keeping him out of the side shows how ineffectual he has been, doesn't it?

Not really - biamou kept Nazon out last season

pusbccfc

Hearing he's out for the season.

fatso

I doubt if we will see Biamou or Bakayoko for a long time, one injured, and one a completely useless carthorse. So JCH has seen himself catapulted from nowhere to top dog without kicking a ball. So looks like 2 upfront at last!

better days

="fatso, post: 1599451, member: 9268"]I doubt if we will see Biamou or Bakayoko for a long time, one injured, and one a completely useless carthorse. So JCH has seen himself catapulted from nowhere to top dog without kicking a ball. So looks like 2 upfront at last![/QUOTE]

Don't forget Ponti and Hiwula
The players rate Hiwula
Good job we didn't send Ponti out on loan

Nick

Administrator
Going to be a blow in the way that Robins wants to play.

We don't have another striker who can win a header up front, he is going to need to go back to basics.

pusbccfc

Going to be a blow in the way that Robins wants to play.

We don't have another striker who can win a header up front, he is going to need to go back to basics.

Do you not think this forces Robins to look for a loan?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I hope not. That will be bad news for everyone except Grendel
While not wishing someone an injury for me the only difference it makes is 1 less striker to chose from and Mark Robins will have to pick a player on form instead of favouritism the guy has not exactly made himself undroppable on form but has in Robin's eyes . Perhaps Ponticelli might even get a game in his right position.

Users who are viewing this thread