Beyond the Realms of a Loan Death (1 Viewer)

Macca1987

I would have him if he would stay and we could get him permanently, however from his point of view, does he wait around for the opportunity with Kitching being so strong in the position, or does he look elsewhere to be a first choice CB. On the other hand he's only one step away from playing, a serious injury to Kitching and he would become first choice, lot of decisions for a young man to have to make

Offhegoes

He was clearly bought to play in a 3. Technically he's excellent and a good passer as you would expect coming through at Tottenham, but Kitching is way ahead as a defender. We need to secure a young left footed CB as back up to Kitching come the summer I think

SkyblueTexan

I’d like to sign Binks permanently if that was possible

LilleSkyBlue

I thought the OP was a death metal head when I read the thread title. Turned out to be just a lot of gubbins about City players, tsk.

slowpoke

He was clearly bought to play in a 3. Technically he's excellent and a good passer as you would expect coming through at Tottenham, but Kitching is way ahead as a defender. We need to secure a young left footed CB as back up to Kitching come the summer I think
After 6 years a lot of fans still don’t understand manager Robins. If he feels player A is better for the team than player B regardless of fee he will pick him.
Remember Abu Ogogo star signing think he was Shrewsbury captain & well regarded played just 10 matches and he bombed him.
I agree Thomas & Kitching are currently the best CB pairing but nothing is for ever in football or with Robins.
I don’t think he would sign Binks full time or anyone else if he doesn’t believe they can seriously push for the first team and that’s good keeps players on their toes.

Last edited:

SkyB

Wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world for Binks to join at the end of his spell, Robins does love turning a loanee permanent if they cut the mustard.

Binks has made noise this week about leaving Italy, for the right price, I think we'd definitely be interested. We're in the market for a CB already, if you believe the rumours.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

After 6 years a lot of fans still don’t understand manager Robins. If he feels player A is better for the team than player B regardless of fee he will pick him.
Remember Abu Ogogo star signing think he was Shrewsbury captain & well regarded played just 10 matches and he bombed him.
I agree Thomas & Kitching are currently the best CB pairing but nothing is for ever in football or with Robins.
I don’t think he would sign Binks full time or anyone else if he doesn’t believe they can seriously push for the first team and that’s good keeps players on their toes.
I don't doubt he will pick whoever he feels is better. That doesn't mean he isn't susceptible to be influenced by his own bias or favouritism.

He does seem to eventually get to our 'best' line-up but it can take a while to get there as some players he keeps in the team longer than he should, Dasilva for example when few of us could see what he added over Bidwell.

But at least he does eventually bite the bullet and doesn't continue with them just out of sheer bloody mindedness to not be proved wrong.

SBT

So this article says precisely nothing, despite its title.

Does look like he's left Italy behind though, he's safe in the Championship, in his mind.
Thought it was an unusually candid interview personally - he’s basically admitting he doesn’t see a future at Bologna and would like to sign here permanently in the summer, not always you hear that from a loan signing.

NorthernWisdom

Thought it was an unusually candid interview personally - he’s basically admitting he doesn’t see a future at Bologna and would like to sign here permanently in the summer, not always you hear that from a loan signing.
He doesn't actually say he wants to sign for us though, just in England, be it us or somebody else... along with the platitudes if being happy here. He also admitted to being frustrated not playing.

"Yeah, as I said, I’m enjoying it here and hopefully it will be here. But if not, then somewhere else in England" is standard footballer keeping options open.

skybluecam

Sounds like coming back to England is the big draw.

I’m sure other championship clubs will be keeping tabs on him, will probably be in the league one way or another next year.

I’d be interested to see him tried at left back.

Users who are viewing this thread