Beyond the Realms of a Loan Death (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

So, the question is not whether Binks should sign permanently (I'd take him) but has he played enough for him to think he'd *want* to sign permanently? Bear in mind before he joined us he threw shade on the Championship too, so perhaps he'd rather go back and try his hand at Serie A anyway?

So have we done enough with game time and experience to persuade him a permanent move is the right one for him?

higgs

He's back up to kitching would he be happy with that probably not if he is ambitious

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

stupot07

I think the answer to your question is no and no.

I was quite impressed with him in a 3 but in the 2 games he's played in in a flat back 4 he's vulnerable. Whether that's lack of aggression, or pace I'm not sure. It's felt we've defended a bit deeper without Kitching.

I'd like to see a bit more of him in 4 before we decide.

And from his perspective, he isn't going to be happy with the way the loan has gone, brought in, then we sign Kitching For £4m and then dropped out the side. I'm not sure he would want to come and be back up.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

If we don't sign him, and personally I won't be over bothered based on what I've seen so far, then we'll need 2 new CBs in the summer assuming we keep Thomas and Kitching.

TomRad85

I like him but I can't think he'd be overly keen to sign. Its probably quite a hard sell when there's a partnership on the pitch as solid as Kitching and Thomas is looking as you know they'll play the majority of games and centre backs also aren't really the position that get minutes from the bench either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

If we were sticking with four at the back, we'd only need one who was able to step into the first team straight out mind you - and then one who could be a development project.

Depends on how raw of a project!
I'm always a bit jittery about inexperienced centre halves, (though we've had a few heart stopping experienced ones in recent years!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Whoever we sign as 'new' centre halves in the summer, will probably realise they may not be first choice, and if you're going to try and attract quality (assuming we're in the Championship) it's a harder sell.

Sky Blue Pete

I’m pretty sure he’s willing to take his turn he’s third out of five in the pecking order
Wouldn’t surprise me to see him sign in January or summer

skybluecam

He's 22, absolutely no point him signing to be a back up to a 24 year old. Especially when he's currently contracted to a top flight club in Italy.

Besides, based on his appearances for us there will probably be other clubs in the Championship that would be interested.

clint van damme

They would be fifth choice if you had Kitching, Thomas, Latibeudiere, AN OtherBinksClone... and fifth choice!

If you include Lati as a utility players who can play there but I'm not sure I'd be happy with that and I dont think Robins would either.

SleepyGinger

Any centre back we sign should be

A) on par or better than Kitching or Thomas.
B) young with potential to be better than kitching and Thomas.
C) cheap cover.

I wouldn’t say Binks is any of the above

Hobo

So, the question is not whether Binks should sign permanently (I'd take him) but has he played enough for him to think he'd *want* to sign permanently? Bear in mind before he joined us he threw shade on the Championship too, so perhaps he'd rather go back and try his hand at Serie A anyway?

So have we done enough with game time and experience to persuade him a permanent move is the right one for him?

He is under contract until 2026 and I don't think they plan to let him go cheap. So not sure it is even a starter? But if a deal can be had I would take him.

Astute

Doubt binks would sign permanently considering he signed a contract with Bologna till 2026
And isn't getting game time so has gone out on loan to progress as a player. He has gone on loan to an English club and he is from England.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he is on loan with us with a view to a permanent deal. A very good prospect and someone Robins is certainly working on. And to be fair to him he slots in without too much of a problem.

Would like to see him join permanently and progress with us.

ptr

We love loaning a left sided centre back don’t we.

Doyle was head and shoulders above.
JCS probably second to him.
Binks just behind that but definitely an improvement on Panzo.

But great bit of business to get Kitching in. He’s got that position nailed down.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's a pretty ambitious player in his own right who will want regular football to keep progressing. If he can't get that here I doubt he'd want to stay.

procdoc

I think Binks has the potential to be an outstanding player. I’d sign him permanently in a heartbeat

Alkhen

With Kitchings suspension he got 3 games to prove he should start. Balls in his court. I'd imagine he would be a little pissed off when we switched to a 2 CB pairing over the 3 but it's clear he is already 1st reserve.

SBT

We’d be foolish not to explore signing him if he was available for an affordable fee, but Kitching is clearly Plan A so I’d expect him to seek a first team role elsewhere. He’s clearly capable at this level and has a good career ahead of him.

Hobo

Didn't stop us signing Wright when he had a contract with Antalyaspor until 2025.

I think Bologna or Championship
Antalyaspor or Championship
Are slightly different propositions though.

Flying Fokker

The thing with Binks is that he’s done a good job. There must have been opportunities for the management to make a decision on him.

Users who are viewing this thread