Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

* Publicity Post *

Little trailer for the latest show I worked on, Eric.

Loved working on this so hoping it goes down well!!

Is that Benedict Cumberbatch paying tribute to Vic Reeves's character Chris Palmer from the Road to Catterick?

images-3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: KG7

Otis

I'm the Editor for two eps (Ep3 and Ep6)
I won't ask for you autograph then.

I wasn't expecting Ben to be honest, but editor?

Shrugs GIF

ajsccfc

Slightly late to the party but we've started watching Dopesick. It was only by chance as the thing we planned to watch was shit but glad we did. I didn't know the full story but only three episodes in and it's terrifying what they've got away with so far. Having been prescribed painkillers for the first time in my life this week though it's unfortunate timing

KG7

I won't ask for you autograph then.

I wasn't expecting Ben to be honest, but editor?

Shrugs GIF
Haha...I'm intrigued...what are you saying here?

- You assumed I was a celeb and are disappointed that I'm not?
- You don't think Editors have an important role in the craft of making a TV show / Film?
- You don't think editors should promote shows they've worked on?
- Something else?

Otis

Slightly late to the party but we've started watching Dopesick. It was only by chance as the thing we planned to watch was shit but glad we did. I didn't know the full story but only three episodes in and it's terrifying what they've got away with so far. Having been prescribed painkillers for the first time in my life this week though it's unfortunate timing
It's a fabulous show and Michael Keaton is bloody brilliant in it, so too, Kaitlyn Dever.

Otis

Haha...I'm intrigued...what are you saying here?

- You assumed I was a celeb and are disappointed that I'm not?
- You don't think Editors have an important role in the craft of making a TV show / Film?
- You don't think editors should promote shows they've worked on?
- Something else?
Was taking the pee. It's one of those where people are disappointed "Oh, you're just the editor," but have done editing myself, it's bloody hard work and invaluable.👍

I was just being "someone else" for a second there. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: KG7

KG7

Was taking the pee. It's one of those where people are disappointed "Oh, you're just the editor," but have done editing myself, it's bloody hard work and invaluable.👍

I was just being someone else did a second there. 😂
Ahhhhh okay, it did make me laugh, I just thought it was a serious post rather than a joke and I was trying to work out what you were saying.

KG7

I'd imagine having to pull it all together for the final version is a mammoth thankless task
It's mammoth for sure!

Mostly people are very respectful and collaborative so it's less so thankless I think. Often you get MONTHS and you're nearly always working alongside the production team when they're shooting with lots of conversations and notes along the way so it's definitely incremental too rather than a mad scramble at the end. (I'm sure there's an analogy with a football season somewhere here but let's not go there...)

shmmeee

How much creative control is there as an editor? Is it just doing what the director asks or is there more to it in terms of interpreting what they want?

ajsccfc

It's a fabulous show and Michael Keaton is bloody brilliant in it, so too, Kaitlyn Dever.

The main Sackler guy is a highlight as well, if there was a twist that he's some kind of vampire I could buy it. I'm 3 in so no spoilers if I'm right or wrong but I'm really hoping the male rep befriending Batman turns whistleblower, he seems to be wary to how shady it all is in contrast to the female rep who's amazingly horrible and doesn't give a fuck.

KG7

How much creative control is there as an editor? Is it just doing what the director asks or is there more to it in terms of interpreting what they want?
Big answer to this question Shmee!!

In short, it depends on what you're working on and who you're working with. Staged, for example was a new show where I had a lot of creative input, Sex Education S4 was an established show where the tone and style was already working and well loved.

There's always a sliding scale between collaboration and creative license (closer to one end or the other), but also sometimes shows with a director or a writer with a strong vision means you are forced to be creative in different ways to achieve what they want.

Usually I can see my own tastes in the show when it's finished (somewhere!)

AOM

I see Piers Morgan is interviewing the real "Martha" from Baby Reindeer. What could possibly go wrong...

Otis

I see Piers Morgan is interviewing the real "Martha" from Baby Reindeer. What could possibly go wrong...
They wouldn't let it lie would they. 🤦

Richard Gadd shouldn't have given away so much information in the show, but I guess people would have tracked the real Martha down in the end anyway.

She really needs help. Sad.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

They wouldn't let it lie would they. 🤦

Richard Gadd shouldn't have given away so much information in the show, but I guess people would have tracked the real Martha down in the end anyway.

She really needs help. Sad.

Yeah, was pretty much guaranteed she'd be found once it was aired. She clearly isn't well, so can't see how an interview with that tit will be healthy at all.

I saw someone comment that this all feels like an episode of Black Mirror and it really does

Sick Boy

Yeah, was pretty much guaranteed she'd be found once it was aired. She clearly isn't well, so can't see how an interview with that tit will be healthy at all.

I saw someone comment that this all feels like an episode of Black Mirror and it really does
Yeah it definitely does. At this point the abuser is probably getting a bit nervous as well.

Reactions: AOM

JAM See

The Responder (iPlayer).

Great series with lots of storylines.

I really identify with Marco. If my life had taken a left turn at one point I could have been there.

nicksar

The Responder (iPlayer).

Great series with lots of storylines.

I really identify with Marco. If my life had taken a left turn at one point I could have been there.
Really good series and to be fair to Marco he did really well playing that character alongside being Chelsea's best player this season.

Users who are viewing this thread