Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (6 Viewers)

AOM

Started this last week, it’s great! Demands a fair bit of concentration, what with most of the dialogue being in Japanese. The guy who plays Toranaga is so good.

I've been really impressed.
Was worried it would fall off later on through the series, but it's getting better by each episode imo.

Yeah, he's really good. Was also in The Last Samurai, which has a really similar plot to Shogun. Not sure if it's loosely based on the same book

AOM

Fallout.

A new TV adaptation of the video game. Out today on Amazon Prime and has fabulous reviews.

Just watching the first episode now and am impressed.

View attachment 35078

Good to hear. When I read Amazon were doing a TV adaptation, I was expecting the worst. Especially after what they did to Lord of the Rings.
The trailer does look interesting though and very on-brand, will give it a watch over the weekend

Otis

Good to hear. When I read Amazon were doing a TV adaptation, I was expecting the worst. Especially after what they did to Lord of the Rings.
The trailer does look interesting though and very on-brand, will give it a watch over the weekend
I am now 3 episodes in. Really enjoying it.

JAM See

Civil War.
Superb. The cinematography, the score, the acting.
As usual these days, the third act is slightly disappointing.
Lovely film all told. Was not at all what I was expecting.

torchomatic

Fallout.

A new TV adaptation of the video game. Out today on Amazon Prime and has fabulous reviews.

Just watching the first episode now and am impressed.

View attachment 35078
Just finished the second episode and have to say I am enjoying it.

Have to try and pace myself and not binge all at once.

shmmeee

Watched the first episode of Fallout, looks good and I’ve never played the games, though I know a bit of the lore.

Watched all of 3 Body Problem, didn’t realise it ended part way through the story! Should I buy the books as S2 hasn’t even been green lit yet.

JAM See

Just been to see Monkey Man.

Basically it's John Wick Patel.

Really well done, not as visceral as Civil War (the other picture I've seen this week), but overall a decent watch.

JAM See

Oppenheimer what a bag of shit.
How did this win 7 oscars?
Can't hear the dialogue as the music drowns out the conversations.
Did you watch it on the telly?

I went to the picture house to watch it.
Thought it was wonderful.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Oppenheimer what a bag of shit.
How did this win 7 oscars?
Can't hear the dialogue as the music drowns out the conversations.

Said exactly the same thing about the music drowning out the dialogue, while leaving the cinema. Could’ve been two hours shorter, thought it was dull as fuck and easily Nolan’s worst.

shmmeee

Yeah I’ve always seen the game at a bottle cap collector (cos that’s what everyone I see playing it spends their time doing). But enjoying the show.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mammoth , Welsh comedy starring Mike bubbins . About a Welsh teacher in the 1979s who gets trapped in an avalanche and is brought back to life . It’s pretty funny

on the iplayer

OffenhamSkyBlue

Baby Reindeer on Netflix is interesting, troubling and dark! 7 episodes of about 30 mins each. Based on a true story which makes it all the more worrying!
Don't bother with Love Rat on C5. Weak!

JAM See

Yeah I’ve always seen the game at a bottle cap collector (cos that’s what everyone I see playing it spends their time doing). But enjoying the show.
Up to episode 7.
Walton Goggins really puts me in mind of Jack Nicholson in Chinatown.

Otis

Baby Reindeer on Netflix is interesting, troubling and dark! 7 episodes of about 30 mins each. Based on a true story which makes it all the more worrying!
Don't bother with Love Rat on C5. Weak!
Yeah, just finished it. Really liked it, but it does seem to flicker between styles a little awkwardly at times, but definitely worth watching, simply because it's a true story.

Users who are viewing this thread