Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Once the stuff with him and Deborah starts I bailed out of Dexter.

mrtrench

Watched the new Netflix documentary series "The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" last night. Only four episodes so can be seen in an evening if you start early. We nearly turned off after 1 minute because it was doing all this "supernatural" stuff but then it calmed down to be a good watch. I recommend it, especially if you want to see how bloody awful crowds on the internet behave.

It's about a young Canadian girl called Elisa Lam, who disappeared within a hotel in LA in 2013. I'd never heard of her before. It seems the Police released a video of her behaving very strangely in a lift just before she disappeared and the internet became interested - attracting thousands of amateur sleuths.

Here's the video. I called it within a few seconds of watching the clip - getting just one thing wrong. Don't open the spoiler if you intend to watch.
I thought she'd killed herself whilst on LSD. In fact she was bipolar and hadn't taken her drugs - hence the hallucinations

Also, don't watch the video if you are troubled by real life trauma (no blood or guts, just a young girl clearly very frightened).

shmmeee

Watched the new Netflix documentary series "The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" last night. Only four episodes so can be seen in an evening if you start early. We nearly turned off after 1 minute because it was doing all this "supernatural" stuff but then it calmed down to be a good watch. I recommend it, especially if you want to see how bloody awful crowds on the internet behave.

It's about a young Canadian girl called Elisa Lam, who disappeared within a hotel in LA in 2013. I'd never heard of her before. It seems the Police released a video of her behaving very strangely in a lift just before she disappeared and the internet became interested - attracting thousands of amateur sleuths.

Here's the video. I called it within a few seconds of watching the clip - getting just one thing wrong. Don't open the spoiler if you intend to watch.
I thought she'd killed herself whilst on LSD. In fact she was bipolar and hadn't taken her drugs - hence the hallucinations

Also, don't watch the video if you are troubled by real life trauma (no blood or guts, just a young girl clearly very frightened).

As an aside, suicide during a trip is very rare I’m not aware of any confirmed cases. But interestingly use of LSD shows lower suicide and depression rates overall (as in when not tripping).

Fascinating drug.

skyblue1991

Might not be everyone’s cup of tea , but It’s a sin is brilliant . Not one bad performance from anybody
Watched the first two episodes last night. The first episode was a bit graphic but second was better and left me looking forward to carry on watching.

Agree it's not for everyone though

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

As an aside, suicide during a trip is very rare I’m not aware of any confirmed cases. But interestingly use of LSD shows lower suicide and depression rates overall (as in when not tripping).

Fascinating drug.
I’m sure I read about it’s use as a form of therapy and that also some people take micro amounts to help with depression.

Anyway, I’ll watch the Cecil hotel thing...looks good.

Sbarcher

Watch out for The Terror coming to BBC2. Really good series.

Terry_dactyl

I felt this got better as it went on. Probably not helped for me as I remembered the case so the ‘whodunnit’ aspect didn’t grip me as it might’ve. Having said that I thought the last episode was excellent. Worth a watch!

chiefdave

Anyone subscribed to Britbox,If so is it worth getting?
I had a trial and didn't bother continuing. Bit crap you can't see what's on there without signing up.

Found that the things I would have watched either weren't on there or were poor quality. It seems that when HD restores are done on older programs the rights to the new version is held by the company releasing the BluRay so you don't get those versions on BritBox.

It’sabatch87

I had a trial and didn't bother continuing. Bit crap you can't see what's on there without signing up.

Found that the things I would have watched either weren't on there or were poor quality. It seems that when HD restores are done on older programs the rights to the new version is held by the company releasing the BluRay so you don't get those versions on BritBox.
Thanks

LastGarrison

it's one of the greatest films ever made!! Two's great as well.
I think because of all I have heard about it over the years it was never going to live up to the expectations but when you put it into context of when it was filmed etc. and think about what it would have been like when it was originally released it would obviously have been class but I watched it in 2021.

Ian1779

One to watch with the family - Togo (on Disney Plus)
Also started watching behind her eyes on Netflix. Decent so far.

Sbarcher

I started the sopranos again on Sunday , bloody brilliant
Just watched the final series of 21 episodes over the last 2 days. My first time into it. Must say, the blank screen in the final episode left me hanging....... guess it was supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread