Best Live Act You've Seen ? (1 Viewer)

dancers lance

Manhattan Transfer - @ Mike Oxlongs - Ohio - 1977
Hadaway - @ The Love Parade (Berlin) - 1992
Milli Vanilli - @ The Cumquat - Salou (Dom Rep) 1988
The Ordinary Boys - @ Godiva Fest - Cov - 2014

turlykerd

I would have really like to seen Radiohead live. Will go when they tour again. Seen Spiritualized a few years ago, very decent, Oasis I seen before they split up ans was a bit underwhelmed to be honest.

Anyway...

Bruce Springsteen @ The Ricoh. Went on for 3 hrs 25 mins. Was awesome.
Queens Of The Stone Age @ B'ham Academy
At The Drive In @ Reading Fest
Green Day @ Reading Fest
The Hives @ Reading Fest
Pulp @ Leeds Fest
Deftones @ Leeds Fest
The Cribs - Seem em about four or five times. Once when Johnny Marr was in the band, top live band.
Nine Inch Nails - NEC - This was only last month. Amazing.

I caught NIN on this tour too .... A few months ago, and I agree, a fantastic night :)

LastGarrison

It's weird because my first thought when I saw this thread was watching Faithless at Glastonbury but at the time I was pilled off my nut and I was with my brother and our mate and at the time we were taking the piss at the cheesiness of it all but in hindsight they got the place absolutely bouncing!!!

What my answer should be was my first ever gig, which was Oasis supported by The Verve at Earls Court in '97! Not just the gig but the whole weekend was class from start to finish and was made even better as most of my mates got tickets for somewhere like Exeter where Oasis were supported by Travis. Having watched The Verve and experienced Bitter Sweet Synphony live followed by Oasis definitely gave me the bragging rights!!

The one I was most disappointed with was Ocean Colour Scene in Milton Keynes. I did, and still do, love them but the whole gig had nothing, gutted me at the time but years later watched them at the Colly and they were class! Redeemed themself in a big way!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The Killers at Wembley 2 years ago. Brilliant! Much better than when I seen the year before (I think it was) at the NEC. Completely different arena.

Going to see James Blunt tomorrow in Cardiff. Hope he's good.

Always wanted to see Keane live. They did a live stream on their last tour to cinema's around the world so went to that. Closest I came to seeing them 'live'

wingy

Anyone watching Arcade Fire at Glastonbury? Amazing.

Yeah what a performance,unique i'd say,unable to categorise much like the Flaming lips.

On topic ,college days ,Police 5 times ,Madness Squeeze the Beat ,Hall and Oats to keep the Lady happy.

Gabriel,Bowie ,Icicle Works .

More recently and more of the day ,Richard Ashcroft Genious ,Verve,Reverend and the Makers ,Manics,Elbow ,Doves.

Oh Chillies (Ricoh) Specials x2.

bringbackrattles

Metallica tonight can't wait to watch that on the telly.Need to go steady on the lager earlier on in the evening though.
Then again may try and find a boozer who will have it on ?

Si80

Metallica - Load Tour @ NEC
Elton John - 1996 ish I think NEC
Blur - Wolves Civic 2012
Athlete - O2 academy Birmingham
Pulp - Sheffield Motorpoint
Prodigy - Jilted Generation Tour @ NEC
Coldplay - Ricoh

Edit to say, never meet your heroes. The Stone Roses @ V the other year, so so so poor :(

stupot07

I've just switched Metallica off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Ferry did a superb set ,some of my earliest single Purchases ,so ahead of their time .

Lana Del Rey also worth a watch ....such a haunting voice .....Yet to watch the manics on catch up .

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Ferry did a superb set ,some of my earliest single Purchases ,so ahead of their time .

Lana Del Rey also worth a watch ....such a haunting voice .....Yet to watch the mnaics on catch up .
Lana Del Rey a sexy bitch ! She had a fag in her hand was waiting for a jobsworth to go on stage and tell her to put it out !

LastGarrison

Oh Bruce Springsteen at the Ricoh was class as well!!! Took my Old Man for his birthday and I have to say he certainly puts on a performance!!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

He was quality although I spent a fair bit of time watching an old hippy dude air guitaring and high fiving people
I ended up in the hospitality section

Grendel

The best live act was definitely Thin Lizzy. They came alive when performing to an audience. The studio albums in the main we're pretty bland affairs but when the group performed live they blew the house down.

Grendel

Turned Metallica off ?
The best live rock band on the planet,you missed a great performance !

I must admit I don't get it. Hepworths grating vocals with a background of thrash metal is a ghastly combination.

bringbackrattles

I must admit I don't get it. Hepworths grating vocals with a background of thrash metal is a ghastly combination.[/QUOTE I guess they are a bit Marmite to some people but if you like that kind of music they hit the spot. As for Thin Lizzy they were a great band and Lynott is a legend.

Grendel

I must admit I don't get it. Hepworths grating vocals with a background of thrash metal is a ghastly combination.[/QUOTE I guess they are a bit Marmite to some people but if you like that kind of music they hit the spot. As for Thin Lizzy they were a great band and Lynott is a legend.

To be fair One is an excellent track backed up by a haunting video. He sings Nothing Else Matters very well but the rest of it I just struggle with.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Could never stand heavy metal. It's just a screeching racket to me, but hey, that's personal taste. I've tried listening to a few albums from various bands but I couldn't tell one from another!

Grendel

I wish I was born 10 years earlier and then I could have witnessed the ultimate experience - Hawkind in 1972 and The Space Ritual.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember Hawkwind releasing Silver Machine as a single. Must admit, I quite liked that one. Around about 1972 I think? I remember being in the forces at the time.

turlykerd

Could never stand heavy metal. It's just a screeching racket to me, but hey, that's personal taste. I've tried listening to a few albums from various bands but I couldn't tell one from another!

other news just in......pipes and slippers sales rocket in the isle of white .............. LOL

hemelsky

Some of the best (of those I can remember),
Clash/Buzzcocks/Subway Sect (St Albans 1977)
999 (March Grenadiers 1977)
Stranglers (Cambridge Corn Exchange 1977)
Siouxsie & The Banshees (Nottingham 1979/Leicester 1987/8)
Throbbing Gristle (Butler's Wharf 1980 ish)
Marillion (Hammersmith 1985 & many others over the years)
Peter Gabriel (Hammersmith 1984)
Lindisfarne (Lincoln 1985 or 1986)
Killjoys (Peterborough Marcus Garvey club 1977)
Pulp (Royal Albert Hall 2013)
Mott the Hoople (O2 2013)
Steve Harley (Royal Albert Hall last week)

Disappointed by:
Dire Straits (Wembley 1985?)
Simple Minds (Hammersmith 1984 or 85)

torchomatic

Thin Lizzy, '79. Went with my brother. Wasn't really into them or anything at the time but it was great.

Original Human League, '79. I was 13. Weird concert as they were just four blokes who stood there, but it was exciting as my Mum didn't know I'd gone!
Buzzcocks, Brum Odeon, 1980. Their last tour. Looking back it was sad, they were going through the motions, but they were my favourite band (still are), so it was bloody great.

Kraftwerk, Brum Odeon 1981
OMD - 1980. Organisation tour. Not very exciting, but memorable.

Loads of others stick in my mind, Haircut 100 1981 (and 2009 in London), The Jam '81, The Chords 1980, China Crisis in 83, Pale Fountains 84, Pete Shelley 86, Shack 88 (and 99), Bill Nelson 85, Teenage Fanclub 93, Buzzcocks reformation 1989....loads of others over the years. Been to some good ones recently including Richard Hawley last year and even Gary Numan last week was pretty good although I'm no fan or anything.

Most weird was a band from Leamington called Jackdaw With Crowbar. They were naked, wore sheets with films being projected on their bodies. Also disappointed when I went to see Sigue Sique Sputnik in London around '86. Brian Wilson was also pretty disappointing.

I've bought three tickets to see my hero Ennio Morricone in December (if he lives that long). Cost me £225 though. Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread