Best goalkeeper in recent years (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Am I missing something? Who the hell’s Daylight? Why hasn’t Moonlight been considered?

Moonlight was OK but apparently got some stick and people were asked not to blame him. However those same people did try to make Boogie their scapegoat which I felt was unfair..

EDIT: Turns out I was mishearing them. They were in fact saying 'blame it on the Burgey"

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

I could have played in goal vs Walsall and vs Rochdale and kept a clean sheet. They were crap and Stockdale had an easy few games.

From my viewpoint Tommy - it seemed to me that Stockdale gave our defence immediate confidence when he was here. Defenders knew he was going to dominate the crosses and also that his distribution was first class. Stockdale's ability and confidence rubbed off on the whole team. Just the way I saw it - all about opinions and Stockdale was only here for a short time as you say.

Skybluefaz

I could have played in goal vs Walsall and vs Rochdale and kept a clean sheet. They were crap and Stockdale had an easy few games.
giphy.gif

Danceswithhorses

Full on Bell end.....recall him laughing to the west end after letting a goal in v West Ham
Yep i remember this too...was a young kid, and i sat about 6 rows back behind the goal, and he turned and picked the ball out of the net with a massive smile on his face and laughed...not popular

shmmeee

From my viewpoint Tommy - it seemed to me that Stockdale gave our defence immediate confidence when he was here. Defenders knew he was going to dominate the crosses and also that his distribution was first class. Stockdale's ability and confidence rubbed off on the whole team. Just the way I saw it - all about opinions and Stockdale was only here for a short time as you say.

Seem to remember Robins calling him a “proper keeper”

Gazolba

Not saying he wasn't a solid keeper but anyone who replaced Burge would look good.

Paul Anthony

Of recent times got to be Westwood. Always felt assured having him in goal, pretty decent at saving penalties, thought he might go on and do better than he has.

If allowed to expand the time frame a bit, I'd say Marton Fulop as well. Shaky start with us, but no doubt about his abilities after that.

Paul Anthony

I seem to remember we signed him up based upon his performance against us vs Crewe in the FA Cup, he was immense that day and they beat us 1-0.

He was always immense against us. I think I remember correctly, he was the same when we played them last season at Highfield Road. Dean Ashton scored, we spent the rest of the game battering their goal and he kept everything out, diving around like Superman on drugs, saving everything at full stretch. One of the finest performances I'd seen from an opposition Goalkeeper.

Sick Boy

He was always immense against us. I think I remember correctly, he was the same when we played them last season at Highfield Road. Dean Ashton scored, we spent the rest of the game battering their goal and he kept everything out, diving around like Superman on drugs, saving everything at full stretch. One of the finest performances I'd seen from an opposition Goalkeeper.

I think that’s the FA Cup game I meant, it’s was an unbelievable performance and I agree, probably the best GK performance I’ve seen!

Magwitch

This best goalkeeper comes up regularly, in my time following City there are two, Bill Glazier and Steve Ogrizovic who stand way ahead of all the others. There’s also Reg Matthews never saw him play but my late dad would argue for him. As for who was the best of Bill or Oggy imo not a fag paper between them, if pushed though I would go for good old Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread