Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

O'Hare is Grendel's fave can't criticise him otherwise he leaps to his defence in same way he mocks people that do the same for Biamou.
Tbf that is one player I do not think he has slated.....I'll let him name some others mind...

tommy hutch legend

O'Hare is Grendel's fave can't criticise him otherwise he leaps to his defence in same way he mocks people that do the same for Biamou.
Tbf that is one player I do not think he has slated.....I'll let him name some others mind...
im e just interested to find out who he rates as championship standard cause there can't be many

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Camp!!!
Ask our good pals from Sunderland about Camp.
They're not at all impressed with Burge but most are of the opinion that he's miles better than Camp.
Camp was brought in as emergency cover only , as soon as Marosi was back we let him go
To be fair Camp has campaigned his whole career in the top two leagues in the rarest position.

whereas Burge was at his best in league two and is a very suspect keeper in league one

Camp maybe poor - we didn’t see him, I’d suggest that he can’t have been as bad a keeper as Burge

Grendel

Hutch11

To be fair Camp has campaigned his whole career in the top two leagues in the rarest position.

whereas Burge was at his best in league two and is a very suspect keeper in league one

Camp maybe poor - we didn’t see him, I’d suggest that he can’t have been as bad a keeper as Burge
Ask the mackems

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Ask the mackems
I don’t disagree, but if you ask both our fans and their fans about Kevin Kyle you’d get two different responses.

fact is a number of football managers have considered Camp a championship and a Premiership goalkeeper.

a number of managers barely consider Burge a league one goalkeeper

JulianDarbyFTW

Back in the day.

Now tbh I have no clue what he's like now as he never played but, if Wilson kept him out the side and he was released, it suggests the quality ain't all that anymore!

Not disagreeing with you, as I haven't seen him play for years, but Camp would have been out of match practise and hadn't trained with the team when he first came in. It would have been hard for him to go straight into the team, and then Wilson didn't drop any real clangers that justified him being dropped once he started getting a first team place, so it's possibly a reflection of circumstance and short-term form rather than overall ability.

shepardo01

Back in the day.

Now tbh I have no clue what he's like now as he never played but, if Wilson kept him out the side and he was released, it suggests the quality ain't all that anymore!
While we had Camp on the payroll, Wilson did not do anything to give Robins a headache with regards to starting Camp.

NorthernWisdom

Not disagreeing with you, as I haven't seen him play for years, but Camp would have been out of match practise and hadn't trained with the team when he first came in. It would have been hard for him to go straight into the team, and then Wilson didn't drop any real clangers that justified him being dropped once he started getting a first team place, so it's possibly a reflection of circumstance and short-term form rather than overall ability.
Nobody else has rushed to pick him up, either after he was released by Brum, or by us. And clearly he wasn't improving enough to warrant being kept on by us to the end of the season, either... and if our keepers are as bad as some would say, that's not a ringing endorsement!

Hutch11

I'm only going on the feelings of what appears to be the majority of Sunderland fans on their board
They don't have much love for Burge but would have him over Camp anytime.
They have the advantage of seeing both perform regularly

Users who are viewing this thread