Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

PVA

Honestly before he got his run in the team I thought he was properly dogshit. Made an error every time seemed to play and did not have a good reputation

But fair play to him, he's been very good and I, and I'm sure many others, put my hand up and say I got that one wrong.

Marosi has been poor so Wilson fully deserves the shirt.

Also he seems like a great bloke and all the players like him.

Skybluefaz

Honestly before he got his run in the team I thought he was properly dogshit. Made an error every time seemed to play and did not have a good reputation

But fair play to him, he's been very good and I, and I'm sure many others, put my hand up and say I got that one wrong.

I was definitely wrong about him in terms of his performances. I still feel Marko is better.

Frostie

It is impressive & I'm certainly not wanting to knock Wilson at all but word of caution that Save Percentage is just about the most unreliable stat there is in football.

Still, some esteemed company there & fair play to him, done far better than everyone expected & is rightly No.1 at the moment.

Magwitch

Marosi is still not 100% fit in my opinion, as for Wilson he has done very well looks a safe pair of hands to me especially when you consider he came into a team not at its best deserves his place in the first team.

Marosi was solid last year but has been a bit shaky this year coming out and flapping or not coming for high balls at all. Wilson makes me feel much calmer between the sticks. Keep it up BW

Gibbo

He is not the long term solution though, but with a bit of luck, after his success here, he can have 4-5 seasons in the first team somewhere lower down rather than perennially being on the bench. He has taken his chance well. Good luck to him.

Briles

Hes two footed as well I noticed, and marosi isn't. This is why Wilson hammers back passes long and marosi sometimes needs to take a touch. Defenders aren't having to be as accurate with their backpasses with him which instills a bit more confidence

Esoterica

He's exceeded my expectations but they were low to start with. Something about him just doesn't fill me with any confidence still, like his positioning is just slightly off and he doesn't quite know where to be in his area.

You'd hope a run of games for us at this level should help him get the number 1 shirt somewhere because he really should be reaching his peak around now. It would be quite high up on my priority list to get a new number 1 next season and keep Marosi to push them.

larry_david

He dropped two shockers last week that were unpunished. But he bounced back against Brentford, admittedly he literally had one cross to claim and that was it. HOWEVER he's done better than I thought he would and happy for him to stay there until he lets his standards slip or throws in a shocker.

Evo1883

Both our keepers have different qualities... Despite what some Believe I think they are good enough, its other areas that must be priority.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He dropped two shockers last week that were unpunished. But he bounced back against Brentford, admittedly he literally had one cross to claim and that was it. HOWEVER he's done better than I thought he would and happy for him to stay there until he lets his standards slip or throws in a shocker.

He also dealt with a shot from distance quite well. Most competent goalkeepers would have probably stopped it, but I thought the way he parried the ball away to the left was well executed.

Frostie

He also dealt with a shot from distance quite well. Most competent goalkeepers would have probably stopped it, but I thought the way he parried the ball away to the left was well executed.

Agreed. It was a better stop than given credit for. Ask any keeper & they'll tell you the ones that bounce just before reaching you can be a nightmare but he got down to it well & strong push away to a safe area.

Nick

Administrator
Wilson is better at taking the ball out of the air from crosses but not so much shot stopping. Seems to know better when to get rid too.

Marosi makes saves for the camera and wants to play nice passes.

AFCCOVENTRY

Marosi isn’t a Championship keeper I’m afraid. Too much of a liability and gets punished at this level. I didn’t think Wilson was a good keeper at all but he’s proved he’s better than Marosi. Again it’s an area we need to look at next season but if Wilson keeps up this form till the end of the season he could have a new number on his back.

SBAndy

Being realistic, we’re unlikely to progress with either as #1. Given Wilson has had a reasonable season to date, and is likely on a much lower wage than Marosi, I’d be tempted to keep him as the backup option. He was happy to come here as second choice in the first place.

JulianDarbyFTW

One of Wilson's best qualities is his kicking. He kicks it an absolute mile, and with pretty good accuracy, which can make a real difference in relieving pressure as we can shuffle right up the pitch instead of being deep as soon as we get hold of the ball.

Briles

Marosi isn’t a Championship keeper I’m afraid. Too much of a liability and gets punished at this level. I didn’t think Wilson was a good keeper at all but he’s proved he’s better than Marosi. Again it’s an area we need to look at next season but if Wilson keeps up this form till the end of the season he could have a new number on his back.

Before he got injured i didn't see anyone saying that

Somerset Sky Blue

Both our keepers have different qualities... Despite what some Believe I think they are good enough, its other areas that must be priority.
I agree with Evo.
Both are fine at championship, yes, they have different strengths and can make mistakes, but both adequate for a low to middle championship team, which is what we hope to be this and next season.
Whilst a few have been keeper errors, too many goal against have come from defensive (or midfield errors) and penalties (which keeper should always be second favourite for).
They won't be on too much and I would rather we spend the money further up the pitch this summer.

Grendel

Why on earth is Robins persisting with Wilson

He is down there with the early championship years of Dubec Hykdegard and Shearer and even worse than Burge

He’s actually other than Avromovic the worst keeper I’ve seen at the club. He’s got zero positional sense and looks like an outfield player put in goal

If robins persists with this idiot we are down - surely he’s finished after the debacle yesterday

Grendel

Actually he’s worse than Avromovic

no_loyalty

Why on earth is Robins persisting with Wilson

He is down there with the early championship years of Dubec Hykdegard and Shearer and even worse than Burge

He’s actually other than Avromovic the worst keeper I’ve seen at the club. He’s got zero positional sense and looks like an outfield player put in goal

If robins persists with this idiot we are down - surely he’s finished after the debacle yesterday

He has never been first choice at any of his previous clubs (even in league two) and has not played many first team games, that tells you all you need to know.

mark82

giphy.gif

Grendel

He has never been first choice at any of his previous clubs (even in league two) and has not played many first team games, that tells you all you need to know.

Exactly if Marosi is injured he should surely have kept Camp - Wilson is abysmal and will send us down

fatso

Wilson is ok to have on the bench, but not long term no1 choice.
Our budget restraints mean we are unlikely to get any better.

Grendel

Wilson is ok to have on the bench, but not long term no1 choice.
Our budget restraints mean we are unlikely to get any better.

Camp was better - budget? He must be one of the lowest paid in the squad.

johnwillomagic

I honestly do not think there is much between both of our goalkeepers currently - make of that what you will.

Marosi would have "messed up" if you viewed it that way just as badly as Wilson undoubtedly for the first goal.
Personally I thought it was a very very good delivery that does put defences/goalies in two minds.

I think Wilson has done well and had earned his stint as our number one this season - however that being said it was not his best game by a long way yesterday - he was not alone - and I think would bring Marosi back for Derby and hope he makes a better fist of making the number one shirt his own than his last performance which I feel was far worse than Wilson's - the punch for the Cardiff goal.....well if Wilson had done that.....#justsaying!

Users who are viewing this thread