Ben Turner to sign (2 Viewers)

rob9872

And now you're gonna believe us.... We're gonna win the league

Calista

I thought Ben Turner was top drawer before he left us, and his sale (for £750K I think) was a shockingly poor bit of business. However, if he’s had an ankle reconstruction and not even played a full match of any sort since, it would be amazing if hits the ground running for us.

But TM watched him last week, and I trust his judgement.

Astute

I thought Ben Turner was top drawer before he left us, and his sale (for £750K I think) was a shockingly poor bit of business. However, if he’s had an ankle reconstruction and not even played a full match of any sort since, it would be amazing if hits the ground running for us.

But TM watched him last week, and I trust his judgement.

Turner at 70% will be more than enough for this division. And as his fitness comes back he will be fun to watch. Just a shame that he won't be with us for the rest of the season.

Astute

(Astute) You never know he might stay if everything falls into place .

Not at the time of his career to come back permanently. Still got a few years of big wages to earn to secure his future. And we are not in any position to pay much.

bawtryneal

Great news for a Monday morning

Cant wait for Saturday. Let's fill the Ricoh and show support for TM and MV.

Rob S

Where's my prize for predicting this in the thread yesterday morning? :claping hands:

lifeskyblue

Where's my prize for predicting this in the thread yesterday morning? :claping hands:

You can put on your smug 'I told you so' smile for all your family, friends and colleagues to see.
The prize for all city supporters will hopefully be a quality centre back to shore up the defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Was only playing premiership football a couple of seasons a go and held his own in that division! As long as this loan isn't just him using the move as a form of fitness camp, I'm happy!

At 27, he's bags of experience and is what we need

But let's bear in mind, the club haven't announced this signing yet............ :D

matesx

the headline i want today is....

"Turner signs season long deal!"

Otis

No, the headline I want is....

"Turner signs season long deal, Wasps throw the towel in on their Coventry project and Otis' wife crushed to death in tragic steamroller incident (mystery driver disappears without trace)."

skybluesam66

"Turner signs season long deal, Wasps throw the towel in on their Coventry project and Otis' wife crushed to death in tragic steamroller incident (mystery driver disappears without trace)."
you shouldnt say things like that - because if that was to randomly happen today - you would be looking at a long term inside

Wife crushed - ok
Full board at HMP somewhere - ok
But missing out on a promotion party - not worth it

AFCCOVENTRY

Was only playing premiership football a couple of seasons a go and held his own in that division! As long as this loan isn't just him using the move as a form of fitness camp, I'm happy!

At 27, he's bags of experience and is what we need

But let's bear in mind, the club haven't announced this signing yet............ :D

This move for Turner is absolutely about him getting back to fitness. This will only be a month or two loan. Should work as a stop gap for us.

matesx

deliciously fiendish

... i like it

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting that Ben Turner is out of contract next summer. Last chance to show his fitness and form to win a new contract at Cardiff.

torchomatic

Mmm...not sure about this.

torchomatic

I think we'll probably read something that like "Turner Returns To Cardiff After Being Injured..."

mechaishida

This move for Turner is absolutely about him getting back to fitness. This will only be a month or two loan. Should work as a stop gap for us.

If indeed he's only here for a month or two, it's somewhat pointless...unless he doesn't perform or re-injures himself after that severe surgery.

harvey098

Seems fair to me... both parties using each other.

Turner gets his fitness back at a less competitive level.
Coventry get a player above our level for a short spell until we can get someone perm in January.

Make it happen!

mechaishida

Glad I'm not the only one!

That makes three then. It just doesn't seem to add up - he's just recovered from ankle reconstruction, played a few U21 games and we're getting him on a short term loan.

Seems a waste of a loan to me, 'cos we're assuming Turner is the same player he was prior to his reconstructive surgery.

chiefdave

When TM mentioned him a couple of weeks ago he said he wouldn't have him here unless he was sure of his fitness so I assume he is fit to play.

On that basis this will be an excellent signing. Even if he's not fully up to speed he will be more than good enough for L1.

shmmeee

Best we could hope for. Good quality, fit, affordable. Pick two.

He's not fricken Joe Cole, he's just returning, has played 3 games already and is 27 not 34.

The only question you need is: is he a better option than Philips and as long as he comes through 90 mins I'd have to say yes. We've missed having a big fucker at the back.

Trust in Mowbray.

westofrayne

Isn't he just coming back from long term injury?

Yes, not fit had very little game time, I'm sure TM knows what his doing and I will be proved very wrong but the team can't afford to carry him whist he get match fitness back.

Hoping I'm wrong on this

fernandopartridge

We are only the league below Cardiff (and we're top of it). Posters on here make it sound like we're playing at an amateur level. Lack of match fitness shows at every level, look at Cole for example.

Hopefully the reserve games he's played will stand him in good stead.

shmmeee

That makes three then. It just doesn't seem to add up - he's just recovered from ankle reconstruction, played a few U21 games and we're getting him on a short term loan.

Seems a waste of a loan to me, 'cos we're assuming Turner is the same player he was prior to his reconstructive surgery.

He doesn't have to be. A fit Ben Turner of that quality would easily be the best player in our side. Well above L1 quality.

mechaishida

If they have sent him here for a couple of Months at their cost. What's to loose.
At the very best we have a big centre half at the worst he goes back.
Most people get over these injuries so it's all about how fit he is.
If TM has seen him play then we need to trust him on this.

Good points, but every opinion is conjecture till we see him action. In contrast, if he performs wonders at the back and then leaves after a month or so, we'll all be gutted and his absence will be felt defensively.

mechaishida

We are only the league below Cardiff (and we're top of it). Posters on here make it sound like we're playing at an amateur level. Lack of match fitness shows at every level, look at Cole for example.

Hopefully the reserve games he's played will stand him in good stead.

Yeah and Cole has been an absolute waste of a loan, so I'll start lauding TM's decision to bring Turner into a winning side when the latter proves he's still 'got it'. I hope he does, and yes, as shmmeee says, we need a big fucker at the back.

italiahorse

Good points, but every opinion is conjecture till we see him action. In contrast, if he performs wonders at the back and then leaves after a month or so, we'll all be gutted and his absence will be felt defensively.

Just need to cover until Reda is back.

Users who are viewing this thread