Ben Sheaf future (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

For me it's never been about him smiling , I just don't think he's as good as his stats would suggest .

He's not a player I'd sign , I said this way back early doors .

If we have to sign him then we sign him and hopefully we get the best from him.

Il be at the games anyway and he will like all the players have my support on match day
@Ccfcisparks you can have this one .. taking your time though considering I'm always wrong you've tagged me 1 in 15 mins should be easy this

The Philosopher

Sheaf, in my opinion, played a lot of less competitive games in his career and it’s taken time for him to adapt to grown up football.

Ok. He had a time at Doncaster but when he first came here he got caught in possession too often and pulled out of tackles too often.

Arsenal u18/21/23 games don’t have anything like the same level of competitiveness, shithousery, 50/50 tackles, or burly 30 year old gritty or wily strikers . Premier league prodigies don’t want to take the risks of harming their development and so tackles from behind and rough stuff is, I proffer, discouraged by coaching staff at that level.

Sheaf seemed blind to players behind and reluctant to put his foot in. He could play a pass like a maestro but his selection was on par with “if I get it wrong then no biggie but if it comes off then I’m gonna get the smarties”

I banged on that he needed that side coached and got pelters.

Yesterday, second half, he got his shoulder in and made better pass selection and tackle attempts.

Well done to all involved. He’s a better player now.

Frostie

Sheaf, in my opinion, played a lot of less competitive games in his career and it’s taken time for him to adapt to grown up football.

Ok. He had a time at Doncaster but when he first came here he got caught in possession too often and pulled out of tackles too often.

Arsenal u18/21/23 games don’t have anything like the same level of competitiveness, shithousery, 50/50 tackles, or burly 30 year old gritty or wily strikers . Premier league prodigies don’t want to take the risks of harming their development and so tackles from behind and rough stuff is, I proffer, discouraged by coaching staff at that level.

Sheaf seemed blind to players behind and reluctant to put his foot in. He could play a pass like a maestro but his selection was on par with “if I get it wrong then no biggie but if it comes off then I’m gonna get the smarties”

I banged on that he needed that side coached and got pelters.

Yesterday, second half, he got his shoulder in and made better pass selection and tackle attempts.

Well done to all involved. He’s a better player now.

This narrative made little sense last year & even less so now. He's played more games in the Championship alone than he ever played at U23 level.
He was also playing in League 2 at 20 years old.

p.s. This thread is brilliant to read back btw 😂

fernandopartridge

This narrative made little sense last year & even less so now. He's played more games in the Championship alone than he ever played at U23 level.
He was also playing in League 2 at 20 years old.

p.s. This thread is brilliant to read back btw
The only thing that might be true about Sheaf is that he generally looks better after a run in the side, but I think that'd be true of him at any level

Nick

Administrator
The only thing that might be true about Sheaf is that he generally looks better after a run in the side, but I think that'd be true of him at any level
Yep. He needs a run for confidence.

Dropping him and putting him back in every other week does him no favours.

CDK

This debate will run and run even after we've sold him whenever that happens ,hopefully when he's led us to the premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread