Bell - I'm staying (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I thought the optimism of city fans had been crushed!

Ha ha

Unfortunately it is the only option IMO

Would you sign him now?
Would you loan him now?

Is there more or less chance of you doing so if you heard he was training in the park?

We are cutting off our noses.............

ajsccfc

It's probably the right decision to offer him out to clubs, but I don't like this whole ostracising thing and keeping them away from regular training, as if they'd become troublemakers at the back making snide comments and smoking at their desks. Surely having these senior footballers remain in training while here can only aid the young'ins moving up to the big table?

NorthernWisdom

Ha ha

Unfortunately it is the only option IMO

Would you sign him now?
Would you loan him now?

Is there more or less chance of you doing so if you heard he was training in the park?

We are cutting off our noses.............

I wouldn't sign him, nor loan him regardless!

But yes, I also wouldn't hang him out to dry either. while he's here, he should be given the chance to prove the manager wrong as much as anyone else, see no purpose in sending him off elsewhere to try and force him out. We're quick enough to mouth off at players who demand moves, but loyalty cuts two ways.

mattylad

he has a contract (with whom is open to debate) if he or any of the other players want to stay and fight for a place then that is thier choice. I have never understood this manager philosophy of your not in my plans so get out. Try that in the real world!

hill83

he has a contract (with whom is open to debate) if he or any of the other players want to stay and fight for a place then that is thier choice. I have never understood this manager philosophy of your not in my plans so get out. Try that in the real world!

You can't compare football to the real world. Not even in this case. If you are deemed surplus to requirements in the real world you are out on your arse 4 weeks later.

chiefdave

wonder if this will cause morale problems with the squad. can only go by twitter and fb but they seem a pretty close group of players, can't imagine it will do much for morale if you're mate is being excluded from training. there's nothing to suggest they're troublemakers so surely let them get involved and if we need to call on them while they're still here we can.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course he's staying, no other team will fork out half as much on someone who will see more of the physio than the pitch.

BBSB

At 29 yo and his injury history, who is going to give him a better deal?
No doubt some will say he should go, for the sake of the club, but why should he?
Certainly treating all the the unwanted (by SP) as lepers is hardly going to help is it.
If we are not top of the table by Xmas, I suspect DB will outlast SP anyway.

He's a high earner, thats the main reason he;s leaving. He started to prove himself at the end of last season, so if he is willing to take a pay cut, i would be willing to keep him. We need cover for Baker on the Right Wing and now that Sheffers is outta here, we might need him on the left side too

Why people send nice msgs to this twat for whats he ever done for us part from bleed us dry sat oh his arse for most time been here..FECK OFF BELL YOU C-UNIT....

SkyBlueRuffian

Too many whimpy fans feeling sorry for dead ducks, what has this scrounger done to deserve a place in the squad, harsh but fair, this is football not Disney world. If he's threatening to sit on his arse for 2 seasons then that's plain wrong. Do one Bell, bloody sick note.

honestken

@David7Bell: Thanks for all the nice messages but just to clear up I haven't left the club I have 2 years left on my contract ✌
Fair play to him.

hope he leeches off sisu for as long as they remain here, i wonder if they still think he warranted thatt 20% pay rise in that 4 year deal :D

Colonel Mustard

Too many whimpy fans feeling sorry for dead ducks, what has this scrounger done to deserve a place in the squad, harsh but fair, this is football not Disney world. If he's threatening to sit on his arse for 2 seasons then that's plain wrong. Do one Bell, bloody sick note.

It's not like he is sat outside the Ricoh with a tin cup. It is CCFC that has handed him two contracts.

stupot07

Tbf, apart from his injury record, and him getting offered a stupidly long deal though no fault of him own, he hasn't done too badly. And since he's been back from injury, he's looked our most dangerous player!

No not his fault, and did alright when he came back, however if he is one of the few players earning £7k+ per week then he needs to go. £7k with the company NI contribution is not far off £350k per annum which is just under 20% of the entire wage budget for next season.

shy_tall_knight

David bell one of the biggest show ponies ever to play for us, when he did turn up he was too slow to be effective, lots of flicks etc.. away from the danger zone rarely had an impact in the final third but did score a great goal against Doncaster, we've had 2 prime ministers since then time moves on but we are left with this waster, forget feeling sorry for him with his wages we could get 2 or 3 fitter younger better players while he remains injured with severe carpet burns.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
If, as a poster has stated in the player's registrations thread, Bell and Sheffers are still registered with CCFC Ltd, then I'd say the decision to make them train separately is not football related.

Also, if they refuse any offer to pay up their contracts, that might be a flaw in SISU's apparent liquidating of CCFC Ltd plan...

Nonleagueherewecome

He was our best player last two games of last season. OK he wasn't available for the rest of the season, granted, but I was hoping for a Baker-type transformation. He's certainly good enough to deliver at this level.

stupot07

He was our best player last two games of last season. OK he wasn't available for the rest of the season, granted, but I was hoping for a Baker-type transformation. He's certainly good enough to deliver at this level.

If we believe he is one of the players on £7k per week, that's approx £400k per annum including employers NI contribution. Do you think we should spend 20% of the proposed total wage bill (£2m) on Bell?

italiahorse

If we believe he is one of the players on £7k per week, that's approx £400k per annum including employers NI contribution. Do you think we should spend 20% of the proposed total wage bill (£2m) on Bell?

Knowing this club we will pay it and not play him :thinking about:
Who gave him the contract ?
He's certainly good enough for this league.
He's only off because we are cutting our cloth ready for D2.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

That requires turnover of £3.3m-how do we stand a chance of getting that without the Ricoh?

stupot07

That requires turnover of £3.3m-how do we stand a chance of getting that without the Ricoh?

Only going by what was reported in the telegraph.

Goalkeeper Lee Burge and right-back Aaron Phillips are also expected to form part of a 25-man squad after their impressive spell on loan at Nuneaton Town last season as City halve their wage bill from last season’s £4million budget .

Users who are viewing this thread