Bell - I'm staying (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@David7Bell: Thanks for all the nice messages but just to clear up I haven't left the club I have 2 years left on my contract ✌

RoboCCFC90

Makes my day better knowing this delightful news..

hill83

Well I'm shocked by this news. I thought he'd write his contract off or Arsenal would come in for him.

chiefdave

I've mentioned this a couple of times, the way it's being done is very strange. These players are under contract, you can't just get rid of them so why are they being made to train alone and frozen out? If we're paying them (potentially for 2 years) why not make use of them, it's not like we've got a huge squad full of experianced players. Can't look good to an interested buyer either, imagine Bell for example is on a decent wage for L1 which someone will need to match, who's going to buy him when the message we're putting out is he's not even good enough to train with the first team squad?

Noggin

Wouldn't we all do the same in his position?
Quite possibly especially since the way this is being handled creates animosity, when you are upset and angry with your employer and consider them disloyal why do anything but what is best for yourself?

hill83

Quite possibly especially since the way this is being handled creates animosity, when you are upset and angry with your employer and consider them disloyal why do anything but what is best for yourself?

Interesting angle, but why would he be upset with his employer?

Edit: I didn't realise he was one of the players asked to leave!

Last edited:

valiant15

I personally would just dig my heels in further.

Noggin

I've mentioned this a couple of times, the way it's being done is very strange. These players are under contract, you can't just get rid of them so why are they being made to train alone and frozen out? If we're paying them (potentially for 2 years) why not make use of them, it's not like we've got a huge squad full of experianced players. Can't look good to an interested buyer either, imagine Bell for example is on a decent wage for L1 which someone will need to match, who's going to buy him when the message we're putting out is he's not even good enough to train with the first team squad?

yeah it seems stupid, they are going to have to buy out most the contracts to get rid of them after treating them like this, I don't see any great savings from doing that? If Bell is on 5k a week and the best he can do is find a club on 1k, then they are going to have to pay say 4.5k a week to make leaving attractive to him, they would have been better treating him right and keeping him.

NorthernWisdom

It suggests he isnt planning to go though doesn't it? sounds like I'm on more money than I can get elsewhere by a significant margin, I'm seeing out my contract thanks.

To me, it reads like people have been tweeting him saying sorry to see him leave, and he's clarifying that as he's under contract he hasn't actually left.

twitter isn't the best medium for reading peoples' thought processes however.

Noggin

To me, it reads like people have been tweeting him saying sorry to see him leave, and he's clarifying that as he's under contract he hasn't actually left.

twitter isn't the best medium for reading peoples' thought processes however.

Perhaps, I take the I've still got 2 years on my contract to mean I have no desire or plan to leave, but your view is legitamate too.

Twitter is very frustrating, the only way to write any decent amount of information is 2 u knw use txt spk & sound lke a idiot

Noggin

Interesting angle, but why would he be upset with his employer?

Edit: I didn't realise he was one of the players asked to leave!

yes what you just wrote in the bomb squad thread is the reason for those to be upset and dig their heels in, if that is what is best for them financially.

hill83

yes what you just wrote in the bomb squad thread is the reason for those to be upset and dig their heels in, if that is what is best for them financially.

I agree. But if my boss sent me down the park on a 2 year contract with the strict instruction to "Play football".
I'd be pretty happy.

NorthernWisdom

I agree. But if my boss sent me down the park on a 2 year contract with the strict instruction to "Play football".
I'd be pretty happy.

Indeed.

If he stays then fair play, no reason why he shouldn't.

Would be the mark of him as a man and footballer if he proved his manager wrong too, like McSheffrey did all those years back.

And Joachim:pimp:

Noggin

I'd be pretty happy.

True but that isn't what they are being asked to do, thats what happens if they dont leave, they are being asked to find another club and that for someone who has been injured for so long will almost certainly mean a massive pay cut. So Bell is probably saying no thanks I'll go down the park with my 2 year contract and play football for 5k a week.

hill83

True but that isn't what they are being asked to do, thats what happens if they dont leave, they are being asked to find another club and that for someone who has been injured for so long will almost certainly mean a massive pay cut. So Bell is probably saying no thanks I'll go down the park with my 2 year contract and play football for 5k a week.

I know. And good luck to him, I'd do the same.

dongonzalos

I don't blame him if we are stupid enough to not realise we need to get him on that pitch to generate interest from anyone who maybe able to pay his wages then so be it.

dongonzalos

To be fair, getting him on a pitch would just have him injured for another 6 months, and unable to be moved on!

He will never get on the pitch playing down the park.

Get him 5 games if you can, then get him loaned out for half his wages. No one will buy him.

No one will loan him if he gets unfit at the the park. People when loaning will want someone near match fit

letsallsingtogether

Well done to the magician don't let them push you about like they have everyone else just go to show what shysters they really. are
To be fair, getting him on a pitch would just have him injured for another 6 months, and unable to be moved on!

Users who are viewing this thread