Bell - I'm staying (1 Viewer)

stupot07

If we dont the PFA and their lawyers might have something to say about it

I'm talking about going forward, trying to move him off the wage bill. Not about whether we currently pay him or not.

If you had a wage bill of £2m, would you spend £400k on Bell or in fact any player?

Hincha

Bell has been a disaster when you look at his injury record and the number of games he has played when fully fit. However, you do have to have a certain amount of sympathy for him, as he is a class footballer. Against Orient at home (who had to win that match, so it was not an end of season stroll), he was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch. Like all class players, he was going past the opposition as if they weren't there. Problem is his fitness is unlikely to improve, and a payoff is the likely outcome.

italiahorse

Only going by what was reported in the telegraph.

Goalkeeper Lee Burge and right-back Aaron Phillips are also expected to form part of a 25-man squad after their impressive spell on loan at Nuneaton Town last season as City halve their wage bill from last season’s £4million budget .

And they would know ?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm talking about going forward, trying to move him off the wage bill. Not about whether we currently pay him or not.

If you had a wage bill of £2m, would you spend £400k on Bell?
Hes going nowhere if he doesnt want to lets face it who else is going to give him a contract anywhere near wha hes got now

Brighton Sky Blue

Only going by what was reported in the telegraph.

Goalkeeper Lee Burge and right-back Aaron Phillips are also expected to form part of a 25-man squad after their impressive spell on loan at Nuneaton Town last season as City halve their wage bill from last season’s £4million budget .

All I'm saying is I don't see how the club can both proceed with the groundshare and expect a turnover even half the level of last season.

SkyBlueRuffian

Bell has been a disaster when you look at his injury record and the number of games he has played when fully fit. However, you do have to have a certain amount of sympathy for him, as he is a class footballer. Against Orient at home (who had to win that match, so it was not an end of season stroll), he was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch. Like all class players, he was going past the opposition as if they weren't there. Problem is his fitness is unlikely to improve, and a payoff is the likely outcome.

Class? This is league one you muppet.

blend

Does it suit SISU to come out of administration without a CVA then? Just thinking aloud! If the administrator tries to negotiate a CVA and then fails, we will get a -15 point deduction, but SISU get away without paying their creditors. There are only FL rules stopping the administrator offering say 30% of the debts as part of the CVA.

The FL have the option to kick the club out of the league, but this has never happened before and it would be a last resort, SISU may gamble on this.

georgehudson

sorry, but imho, sisu stink of utter greed,
& as a whole at the expense of City fans,
therefore, i get the impression, they think about as much of us, as some excrement they may have trodden in,
i may, of course, be wrong, though,
6+ years of their vague manipulations may point to something ???>

dongonzalos

You can't compare football to the real world. Not even in this case. If you are deemed surplus to requirements in the real world you are out on your arse 4 weeks later.

Depends where you work Hill, both opinions are right in different industries. However in football his is right. The player will only leave if they get a comparable financial offer and have desire to play. Otherwise you are biting off your nose.....

Last edited:

ajsccfc

You'd hope that 99% of footballers want to be playing football rather than exiled and cashing in, rather than play the Winston Bogarde card.

@richh87

If he's fit then just play him - he's a talented player. Lots of players have injury spells and come through it to show they're a good player.

Steven Gerrard had all sorts of back problems limiting his appearances when he was younger.

He's not going to agree to leave for a crap wage elsewhere; so just play him. I don't believe for a second Pressley has made the decision to treat the highly paid players like this, clearly Fisher.

Another SISU cock-up in offering those terms without relegation clauses. Amateur.

Grendel

If he's fit then just play him - he's a talented player. Lots of players have injury spells and come through it to show they're a good player.

Steven Gerrard had all sorts of back problems limiting his appearances when he was younger.

He's not going to agree to leave for a crap wage elsewhere; so just play him. I don't believe for a second Pressley has made the decision to treat the highly paid players like this, clearly Fisher.

Another SISU cock-up in offering those terms without relegation clauses. Amateur.

So your advice is to not even atfmpt to move a single player out of the club and even if we exit the embargo make no attot to sign players?

Users who are viewing this thread