Being realistic (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

If we can get close to 9 points from that batch of 7 games, I'll be happy. More. then I'll be very happy.

Sky Blue Harry H

My concern is if we don't do it this season we will lose momentum, next season may be a rebuild job when the quality players heads are turned by incoming bids and their agents.

Yep - I've said similar, but if our recruitment is up to scratch, hopefully any players leaving will be for big fees, and we've shown we can invest wisely. I'm just as concerned re: poaching of MR. Ideally we can get either Hamer or O'Hare to sign new contracts, which -- even if we lose either - will increase their sale value. Anyway, let's enjoy the present and the journey.

WestEndAgro

We are playing some great football, and pretty much everyone who's played us is being very complimentary.
Now here's the but.................

And it's a good one, I believe we have another gear possibly even two still in us.
Momentum is key, beat Luton on wednesday and we are absolutely flying.
Something is building here and I've never felt it before, the "Phoenix" is rising from the flames.

Mcbean

Before we get carried away - injuries and suspensions will happen , Gus will be suspended at some point and luckily we have Kelly - my neighbour and I often question - who can come on ? In the case of QPR he replaced the two strikers - it didn’t have the required effect ! Still in the meantime it feels that we can at least be at the table every game !

Frostie

Barnsley we’re on 19 points after 16 games
They were on 10 points at this stage
Reading were top on 22(we had just beaten them)
There is the warning as they finished 7th

Reading were in a bit of a false position though, the data showed they were massively overachieving, scoring high numbers of goals from very low xG etc. it was never sustainable.

Skybluedownunder

While I don’t want to get ahead of myself and too optimistic, the teams in the championship don’t look very good this year. Covid has financially challenged many teams and if there was a season to do it… this would be the year!

It’s going to be a long hard slog of a season, we are very early into it but if we can keep chipping away little by little we can hope to be somewhere between 6th and 12th come close to the end of the season and sneak in the playoffs like Barnsley last year I think that would be my ideal season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDK

Fuck all you negative wankers, MR has set the bar, the players have stepped up, Why can’t you fuckers, Some of you are scared of success, some of you don’t even want it!

Play offs is reasonable, I certainly haven’t seen 6 better teams. Sure we can have injuries and suspensions, But so can every other team! Our squad is as good as anyone’s so why not dare to dream?
My opinion as well so well said ,also look we have the best defensive record in the championship 6goals conceded.we are on the up.pusb

Users who are viewing this thread