Being realistic (1 Viewer)

SBT

For me, get to 50 points ASAP then re evaluate.

we shouldn’t get too carried away and just enjoy what we’re witnessing now

Play-off teams don’t have this mentality, and neither should we.

Clearly this team is capable of a top 6 finish if enough things go our way. We need to set out our stall accordingly, and that means going out to win every week. Totally different mindset from last season’s push for 50 points - doing the same this year would be a huge missed opportunity after such a strong start.

Otis

Injuries and depth of squad will be the deciding factor.

Will we be able to cope without key players?

Grendel

Mid table is still a good finish right ✅

And what's expected ?

Depends how long the form continues as if the club still is in this sort of position by November December it would then take a big crash in form to get in the lower mid table area

Clubs often don’t get another shot at this unless they have a lot of funds available. We blew it horribly 20 years ago and then in league 1 under Mowbray and look what happened then.

Evo1883

Depends how long the form continues as if the club still is in this sort of position by November December it would then take a big crash in form to get in the lower mid table area

Clubs often don’t get another shot at this unless they have a lot of funds available. We blew it horribly 20 years ago and then in league 1 under Mowbray and look what happened then.

Yea I hear you , I don't think we are that club anymore though ..

We could ofcourse finish 7th for example , but I don't expect we will go on a downward spiral towards relegation if we miss out shall we say .

Still thinking 10th in my head , can't shift it

AOM

Would still be happy with midtable I think, but I can't help but turn up to every game at the moment just expecting us to win.
Will be interesting to see how we do against Fulham next weekend, as they're one of the 2/3 teams who probably look to be a level above the rest of the league

CDK

The Fulham game ,I'm thinking will see how good we are next week.But finish this season 11th or higher then a great season.

fatso

Fuck all you negative wankers, MR has set the bar, the players have stepped up, Why can’t you fuckers, Some of you are scared of success, some of you don’t even want it!

Play offs is reasonable, I certainly haven’t seen 6 better teams. Sure we can have injuries and suspensions, But so can every other team! Our squad is as good as anyone’s so why not dare to dream?

procdoc

Fuck all you negative wankers, MR has set the bar, the players have stepped up, Why can’t you fuckers, Some of you are scared of success, some of you don’t even want it!

Play offs is reasonable, I certainly haven’t seen 6 better teams. Sure we can have injuries and suspensions, But so can every other team! Our squad is as good as anyone’s so why not dare to dream?
We are 9 games in, I think people are trying to be pragmatic and enjoy the moment

Evo1883

To be fair , it's not as good as anyone's

fatso

People running away with themselves after 9 games are the same people who will be saying Robins out when we have a dip
That's boring bollocks, I think we can safely say those days are behind us. (Apart from big G maybe)

I'd expect West brom, Fulham and Bournemouth to be fighting for the 2 automatic spots, but after that its probably Stoke, QPR, maybe Shef utd, and us who look to have the best strength in depth to challenge for the play off places.

So that's 7 teams with a realistic chance of competing for a top 6 finish.
We just need to pick up more points away from home to make a big impact this season.

Game on !

SeaSeeEffCee

There is no reason why we can’t get top 6. Reading are 8th at the moment and they were dreadful against us. There really isn’t much between the most teams aside from West Brom, Fulham and Bournemouth who are a level above.

Ccfcisparks

That's boring bollocks, I think we can safely say those days are behind us. (Apart from big G maybe)

I'd expect West brom, Fulham and Bournemouth to be fighting for the 2 automatic spots, but after that its probably Stoke, QPR, maybe Shef utd, and us who look to have the best strength in depth to challenge for the play off places.

So that's 7 teams with a realistic chance of competing for a top 6 finish.
We just need to pick up more points away from home to make a big impact this season.

Game on !
I think we have a distinct lack of squad depth really. A couple injuries and we look a bit thin.

kg82

Play-off teams don’t have this mentality, and neither should we.

Clearly this team is capable of a top 6 finish if enough things go our way. We need to set out our stall accordingly, and that means going out to win every week. Totally different mindset from last season’s push for 50 points - doing the same this year would be a huge missed opportunity after such a strong start.
I love this mentality. Thing is, after 30 odd years of supporting us, the worst is always the most predictable. But that’s just me, and I’m trying to be more optimistic… I love all this optimism. I’d be ecstatic with a top 6 finish. But I’d also love any improvement on last year (which surely must happen now). I watch this team and think we can beat anyone (fuck your baggies, Bournemouth’s and Fulham’s), but at the same time, I know we’ll be prone to lapses. I just hope there’s not too many.

fatso

I think we have a distinct lack of squad depth really. A couple injuries and we look a bit thin.
Last season, if we had started a game without Marosi, Ostigard, Mcallum, Kelly, Goden and Walker, we would of shit ourselves, but that's exactly were we are now, and look at what we can produce.

Our bench last night was as good as any in this league, and we still have Dabo, Eccles and even Bright to come into the equation.

I'd still like to see another LWB and CB join us, but we look a good outfit at the moment, and competition for places should guard against complacency.

Jamesimus

All it takes is an injury to O'Hare, Gorky, Hamer or Moore and we may struggle to replace their importance within the team.

We're playing good football and the team grafts really hard. Top six would be an amazing achievement. I would be happy with top ten. Given the start though, anything can happen, perhaps we get even better as the season goes on, the team become more cohesive etc.

Also, I'm trying not to get carried away. We haven't played Fulham, Bournemouth, Stoke or Blackburn yet.

Marty

Think we'll be somewhere from 4th to 10th this year. It's a building process and at some point we'll probably have a dip in form, if we're in with a fighting chance in January, I hope we have a bit of money to bring in 1 or 2 players.

kg82

I think it’s fair to say (apart from maybe QPR who we lost to) we’ve not played any team that are going to worry the top 6. So we’ve got the best teams to play. I’d be very happy with mid table/not having to worry about relegation.
You never know though…
I’d agree to a certain extent. But when you keep hearing “best team I’ve seen”, you’ve got to start believing the hype. Fingers crossed we keep this up.

pusbccfc

Get 4-6 points from the next two and the expectations will go through the roof.

It will be an interesting week.

Paxman II

With such a good start it would be disappointing to end up mid table tbf. I expect our form to take a knock here and there (and there are games coming up that look difficult) but still expect to continue the upward spiral and a top 6 finish very likely.

Blind-Faith

If we can stay relatively injury free we are in with half a shout of a playoff place, aslong we keep up the way we play. I’m trying not to get to excited but we are so good so far this season it’s hard not to! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread