Behind the goal (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

That went well didnt it.

After the flood of people claiming we would have a sky blue wall dortmund style and claiming they would move tickets to sit there.

Have a look on the stadium plan

Pitiful. Think the club will regret opening that stand up again

I don’t think there was a flood of people on SBT comparing the Old Telegraph Stand to the Dortmund wall... maybe a few optimistic teenagers on twitter that wrote to Dave Boddy, but that’s about it.

Being realistic, until we get regular home crowds of 18,000-20,000, the atmosphere is going to be hit and miss at the CBS. The only other way we could improve the atmosphere, that I can think of, would to be to move away fans into Block 16-12 and have home fans in the South stand.
There always seems to be lots of excuses as to why this can’t be done but if similar stadiums like at Leicester, Middlesbrough, Derby and Cardiff can do this, why can’t we at the CBS? Middlesbrough and Derby have both moved the away fans since their stadiums opened so it is possible.

From memory, (which might not be perfect) even with all stands open at the Ricoh from 2005-2011, the noise from the Telegraph Stand never travelled around the stadium and was inaudible to Away Fans and the old scoreboard corner.

A hardcore used to try and get an atmosphere going in the Telegraph in the first season or two at the Ricoh but ended up moving over to the scoreboard corner. Since then the telegraph only managed a couple of ‘Sky Blue Armys’ and 1/2 a PUSB each game and I expect that will be the same around this time. Not being negative just have to be realistic on atmosphere in a stadium that’s too big for us and separates the away fans from any home support. I think moving the away fans is our best option short term to generate an atmosphere but it doesn’t seem likely to ever happen.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How many do you think?
I don't know to be honest :(. I have mentioned before, it's my own naivety but I can't get my head around it not being nearly sold out. No one has been to football (or been able to do near enough anything entertainment-wise) for 18 months. We've known it's Sunday 4.30 for a while. While some people obviously couldn't make that at the time, I am not anticipating it is *that* many. £30 talk? Not for me. Wembley cost far more than that, with the day out etc. I just don't get why there isn't a massive buzz about it. I can't wait. Anything short of 20k is baffling for me. I am sure that will incur the wrath of some posters but they will be the same ones moaning about not having enough budget blah blah blah. If we can't get 20k for the first game back in our home city, after 18 months of no football, in the division above, then frankly the City doesn't deserve a team with a competitive budget in the Championship.

theferret

I don't know to be honest :(. I have mentioned before, it's my own naivety but I can't get my head around it not being nearly sold out. No one has been to football (or been able to do near enough anything entertainment-wise) for 18 months. We've known it's Sunday 4.30 for a while. While some people obviously couldn't make that at the time, I am not anticipating it is *that* many. £30 talk? Not for me. Wembley cost far more than that, with the day out etc. I just don't get why there isn't a massive buzz about it. I can't wait. Anything short of 20k is baffling for me. I am sure that will incur the wrath of some posters but they will be the same ones moaning about not having enough budget blah blah blah. If we can't get 20k for the first game back in our home city, after 18 months of no football, in the division above, then frankly the City doesn't deserve a team with a competitive budget in the Championship.

I really can't understand why people are struggling with this.

Chap I work with - very much your classic casual supporter. Will do 7-8 games a season. Asked if he is going to Forest and he's not. Takes his missus and 2 kids, so says it's expensive and it's on TV. He is going to Reading game instead; will save a little, and by doing that means he gets to see us play both games. It's the fact it is on TV that is the real killer, hence why not offering a price incentive was a bit short-sighted.

As for the 'not deserving' comment, I would put money on our average gate being top half in the championship this season. We've sold as many season tickets as we have for a long time, it gives us the basis for a very good average gate, what are people expecting?

COV

I really can't understand why people are struggling with this.

Chap I work with - very much your classic casual supporter. Will do 7-8 games a season. Asked if he is going to Forest and he's not. Takes his missus and 2 kids, so says it's expensive and it's on TV. He is going to Reading game instead; will save a little, and by doing that means he gets to see us play both games. It's the fact it is on TV that is the real killer, hence why not offering a price incentive was a bit short-sighted.

As for the 'not deserving' comment, I would put money on our average gate being top half in the championship this season. We've sold as many season tickets as we have for a long time, it gives us the basis for a very good average gate, what are people expecting?

We’ve only sold this meany season tickets twice- 1987/88 and 1978/79. One was to get cup final tickets and the other was off the back of the 4-2-4 Milne season with goals galore.

In 87/88 we averaged 17k which means that there were hardly any walkups at all.

We should average 20k+ across next season and Forest will be, I reckon, 18k

Last edited:

TomS91

I've gone block 30. In ordinary times I reckon having the top 5 or 10 rows around the whole ground netted off could have worked for compacting crowd and making it feel busier. Guess distancing won't allow that now.

Yorkshire SB

Gone block 29 too - it's got to start somewhere. Prefer sitting behind the goal, different perception to the 'broadcast' view. When I had a look there were ok numbers considering how much of the East Stand has sold out.

Hobo

If all the people who insist on standing tbroughout the game - move to behind the goal that would suite me fine.

Users who are viewing this thread