Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Bedworth?

Is Bedworth Suitable

  • Yes

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No

    Votes: 35 72.9%

  • Total voters
    48
Hold on a sec. We are talking about Sixfields or Warwickshire. Coventry was in Warwickshire and that would be good enough for me.
This is old mineing land which has been classed as green belt, limited access,hard to build big structures on and another red herring of fishers
 
A definite no from me, but out of interest how big is this site? SISU and fisher keep going on about 60 acres is this anything like that big?
 
Defiantly NO NO NO
 
Defiantly NO NO NO
 
This could be a goer.
Local folk will think it only right the new stadium is at the centre of the known universe.
 
NO
This is a smaller village than Brandon smaller road infrastructure,the only plus is the railway.
THIS WONT HAPPEN!
 
Used to be an advert on TV years ago, the tag line of which ran 'Real Sherry comes only from Spain'.

So in that vein 'Real football clubs representing Coventry come only from Coventry'.
 
220px-BedworthOval.jpg
Looks big enough for tims shed
 
5 mins from my house

but ricoh is 2 mins

3 mins is a big deal,stay at ricoh!
 
Can we please change the thread title to BEDUFF please :)

Anyway, the location spoke about is only just outside Coventry, so people may grumble but I think it would be acceptable.

I seriously doubt they will be allowed to build there though.
 
According to the Telegraph this morning it is a 71 acre site and is less than two miles from the Ricoh. When the Ricoh was first proposed to be built and was built on the old Foleshill gasworks site fans were In uproar about it being totally unsuitable to far away from the city center, to hard to get to etc now we cant wait to get back. I would love to be back at the Ricoh so I can start supporting my team again.
 
The response from Nuneaton & Beduff Council will be the next interesting step.
 
It might only be 2 miles from the Ricoh, but from the Tile Hill and Eastern Green areas of Coventry it goes from 4 miles to about 8.
 
According to the Telegraph this morning it is a 71 acre site and is less than two miles from the Ricoh. When the Ricoh was first proposed to be built and was built on the old Foleshill gasworks site fans were In uproar about it being totally unsuitable to far away from the city center, to hard to get to etc now we cant wait to get back. I would love to be back at the Ricoh so I can start supporting my team again.

The CT needs to check the facts for this potential site that are already available.

A little bit of research will show the downside.

- Majority of site is conservation.
- Highly restricted already with Railway Crossing, Hump back bridge and access onto Coventry Road, including Bayton Road congestion.
- Already rejected for 160 houses due to being Greenbelt and poor access.
- Even the Canal Boat marina has been rejected.

Do your job and tackle Sisu and FL propaganda and show them both up for what they are.
This is bull$hit and they know it.
 
Surely Bedworth United would have something to say about this aswell. Their ground would be under 2 miles from our own. Lets say bedworth get promoted a couple of divisions there simply wouldnt be enough space. Bedworth and CCFc playing at home on the same day would be a nightmare for traffic
 
No, even though I live in Exhall.

There is no way that sisu are going to build a new stadium, they cannot even file their accounts on time. Nuneaton+Bedworth council (if they have had talks with them) should just say yes you can buy the land. See what SISU do next, as its in their ball court. I bet its all just a stunt and the twats have no idea as to when a return to Coventry is likely as they have a deal with Northampton for 5 years. Imagine building a stadium and playing in Northampton for 5 years with low attendances, wouldn't be financially possible!
 
Why would Beduth want CCFC and opposing fans on our patch, i think the clues in the name of the club don`t you .
 
As if any of us would be happy in Beduff. It might be better than Northampton to many, but most still wouldn't go for the same reason.
 
I've said all along. I dont care if this 'new stadium' is an inch outside the Coventry borders. If its not in Coventry, i wont go there
 
I've said all along. I dont care if this 'new stadium' is an inch outside the Coventry borders. If its not in Coventry, i wont go there
Spoil sport! I just bought a house next to the ground so if they want to extend they can buy it off me at a price, know what I mean!
 
Spoil sport! I just bought a house next to the ground so if they want to extend they can buy it off me at a price, know what I mean!

Sounds like you could be in the money. All you would need to do is accept the money over 10 years and not be too worried if they don't want to show you proof of funds.
 
No. Why are you asking robo ?
 
Nothing like digging up a 4 month old thread.
 
Right you lot, nob off. Beduth aint that bad. I'd take any of it over Hillfields, Wood End, Tile Hill, Keresley End etc so how about people stop slating the place because it's just outside of Cov. I'm a Cov fan who comes from Beduth but what the fuck has my town got to do with it?
 
Right you lot, nob off. Beduth aint that bad. I'd take any of it over Hillfields, Wood End, Tile Hill, Keresley End etc so how about people stop slating the place because it's just outside of Cov. I'm a Cov fan who comes from Beduth but what the fuck has my town got to do with it?

BEDUTH .......... NEEEATUN!

To be fair I can't say much I am about to move back to Hawkesbury Village!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom