Bed wetter where are you? (2 Viewers)

1ccfc

It's just a matter of opinion at any given time. Opinions change and I don't see anything wrong with that. If we all thought the same on this forum, then it would be a dull place.

Terry_dactyl

It's just a matter of opinion at any given time. Opinions change and I don't see anything wrong with that. If we all thought the same on this forum, then it would be a dull place.
[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Robinshio

Are we in a similar position to our division one promotion season where we went on a march up the division until covid kicked in.
not far off we would need 5 points from next 2 games to be level (so 4 or 6 would put us in line)
we then had 11 wins and 3 draws in the next 14 :)

we still have 11 players in the squad who made appearances that season and 7 of them have started at least 1 of the last 2 games. 3 more injured + Bapaga

wilson

dabo
burroughs
rose
fadz

o hare
allen
eccles
kelly

Bapaga
Godden

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The 1's who had us relegated in September while the likes of Wigan in this league no chance.The 1's who have slated terribly Eccles,Allen and Wilson.The 1's who valued our players so low the 1's who value our top 3 at less than 10 mill. for all 3 combined and someone this week who valued Hamer at less than 4 mill try buying a player for 4 mill and see what your get.Why don't you come out and explain your reasons or if you have changed your views.
Sounds like " I told you so "
I'm guessing you must have said this 4 weeks ago which I must have missed and are just reiterating the point . Otherwise you're Jumping on your own bandwagon.
Good second half from City last night . First time I've seen Eccles. Not impressed.
Our best 3 players are not worth 10 million though they are priceless for us.

Last edited:

Otis

You were the biggest bedwetter on here. Is the brains part of your username meant to me ironic?
No, I think he is saying he keeps his brains under his saddle.

I never wish to score internet points (whatever they are), but October was far too soon to be writing the season off and having us down for certain relegation.

Still think the squad is far too small to make a challenge near the top, but we should be fine I think in terms of bottom of the table. Unless of course we sell all the family jewels in January and don't adequately replace them.

ProfessorbyGrace

To me it shows a distinct lack of class to gloat (to fellow fans) about the resurgence in form of their own team, given that some were genuinely anxious about the state of affairs at the club in early to mid September.

I myself, was of the opinion that we could turn it around, feasibly, and that all of the statistics about ‘worst start ever’ and ‘we’ve only won x amount in 40 games’ were all well and good, but didn’t predict any future form trend.

Some of you could start a row in an empty house, seriously. 😆

procdoc

Sounds like " I told you so "
I'm guessing you must have said this 4 weeks ago and are just reiterating the point . Otherwise you're Jumping on your own bandwagon.
First time I've seen Eccles last night. Not impressed.
In context though He was playing out of position, against an international player with 158 premier league appearances under his name.

Saddlebrains

As bad as being a serial panicker and 'bedwetter' is, you do know its proper cringe sucking yourselves off over hindsight?

Alkhen

Below is the results from our first ten games. I'm not sure how anyone that exercised concern can be classed as a bedwetter. It was gash.

View attachment 27156
We were hardly getting battered though, with all the circus regarding the pitch and fans moaning about lack of signings the fact we were within a goal of bettering the result in most of those is so bad. Fine margins

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We were hardly getting battered though, with all the circus regarding the pitch and fans moaning about lack of signings the fact we were within a goal of bettering the result in most of those is so bad. Fine margins

I don't think not getting battered really matters. We won one game out of ten. 'Taking part' isn't something that means a lot, even if we were competing. We were rock bottom of the league even when you factored in the games in hand.

The turn around has been incredible, and I think that's why we are all enjoying it more. To ridicule people who were concerned at the start of the season after that run though, in my opinion, is rather silly.

NorthernWisdom

I just find it more enjoyable to be positive, and then if I do end up being right I can get my internet points when we win instead of when we lose. So it’s a double win.
See, if I expect a defeat every game, I can not be as gutted when we crash through the leagues as I might otherwise be, but be truly ecstatic when we actually win a game or three!

It also stops me being on speed dial to the taxi company...

Alkhen

I don't think not getting battered really matters. We won one game out of ten. 'Taking part' isn't something that means a lot, even if we were competing. We were rock bottom of the league even when you factored in the games in hand.

The turn around has been incredible, and I think that's why we are all enjoying it more. To ridicule people who were concerned at the start of the season after that run though, in my opinion, is rather silly.
No but some on here were so full of doom when we were not getting blown away. far easier to make adjustments or raise our game to get out of run of narrow defeats than getting torn apart week in week out.

from memory there were 3 or 4 games swung by terrible individual errors

Skybluedownunder

THE BED WETTERS are still very quiet this morning.

b4dcadfccbd503d74e9b1f40248bbbb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

OK il bite:

-Couldnt play as we didnt have a pitch
-Ohare injured for months
-Defence conceding at 3 a game
-Didnt win for the first 7 games
-Keeper who forgot how to be a keeper
-Clearly discord in the camp
-Fans royally fucked off with all the cancellations

Its been a remarkable turnaround, and its phenomenal to see, but lets not pretend we weren't fucking pony until the end of September

But we really were not a pony. Everything was stacked against us but the team and ability were there. We just needed the season to get up and running.

People just looked at the table and threw toys out of the pram and slit their throats; rather than look at the reality of the situation.

I concede I didn't see us digging our way out this quickly. I expected a slower turning of form with more away draws rather than wins.

PVA

Nobody was happy that we had 1 point from 6. People weren't going round saying we're amazing and should be on 15 points from 6.

The point is that there were significant extenuating circumstances that affected the start to the season and the bedwetters were either unable or unwilling to consider these and there was so much over the top stuff about being cut adrift at the WC break, where is the next win coming from etc.

For me it was always obvious that there were at least 3 teams worse than us and I never thought we'd be relegated. I didn't expect us to rise this quickly admittedly, but was fully confident we wouldn't go down.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nobody was happy that we had 1 point from 6. People weren't going round saying we're amazing and should be on 15 points from 6.

The point is that there were significant extenuating circumstances that affected the start to the season and the bedwetters were either unable or unwilling to consider these and there was so much over the top stuff about being cut adrift at the WC break, where is the next win coming from etc.

For me it was always obvious that there were at least 3 teams worse than us and I never thought we'd be relegated. I didn't expect us to rise this quickly admittedly, but was fully confident we wouldn't go down.

Listen to and watch Robins' interviews from those first games. He sounded as down and deflated about the situation as anyone else at the time and who could blame him. The players' body language was also a big worry, especially at Norwich but in other games too.

I don't think it was bedwetting to have some serious concerns about how the season was going to pan out. Because even with everything else in order, we were giving ourselves a considerable disadvantage with an already vulnerable squad.

It remains a very tight league table and what happens with regard to the ownership situation and January will have a big bearing on how the season turns for better or worse.

skyblu3sk

I didn't get the panic at all. In the team and management we had stability no matter the crap that was going on we didn't become a shit team overnight. We kept the core talent too. Putting all this together form was always going to be temporary.

Tommo1993

Maintain we’re an important injury away from an ‘interesting’ season. Even with a fully fit strike force, we seem to only have one striker who scores goals. The squad could use some meat on its bones.

Godden’s luck may have changed with COH returning, but still.

Londonccfcfan

Maintain we’re an important injury away from an ‘interesting’ season. Even with a fully fit strike force, we seem to only have one striker who scores goals. The squad could use some meat on its bones.

Godden’s luck may have changed with COH returning, but still.
95% of the teams in this division would be saying exactly the same.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I was not trying to say" i told you so " think from memory the only post i made on this was at the start of the season . A thread about where do you we will finish. At the end of September after 6 games of which 5 were away only losing by the odd goal except the Norwich one with goalkeeper errors causing most of the defeats panic set in . I couldn't see why .If this had occured March or April maybe.The other statements about the slating and value of players i stand by . I just wondered Why the panic and if their views had altered.As for Delia Smith in comments don't like the woman but wish i had her money.How bright do posters think the rest of the season will be? May be wrong but i think it will be great .PUSB

shmmeee

I was not trying to say" i told you so " think from memory the only post i made on this was at the start of the season . A thread about where do you we will finish. At the end of September after 6 games of which 5 were away only losing by the odd goal except the Norwich one with goalkeeper errors causing most of the defeats panic set in . I couldn't see why .If this had occured March or April maybe.The other statements about the slating and value of players i stand by . I just wondered Why the panic and if their views had altered.As for Delia Smith in comments don't like the woman but wish i had her money.How bright do posters think the rest of the season will be? May be wrong but i think it will be great .PUSB

All depends on what the squad looks like Feb 1st.

clint van damme

To me it shows a distinct lack of class to gloat (to fellow fans) about the resurgence in form of their own team, given that some were genuinely anxious about the state of affairs at the club in early to mid September.

I myself, was of the opinion that we could turn it around, feasibly, and that all of the statistics about ‘worst start ever’ and ‘we’ve only won x amount in 40 games’ were all well and good, but didn’t predict any future form trend.

Some of you could start a row in an empty house, seriously. 😆

'Lack of class to gloat' nah.
And a couple of defeats and the naysayers will be back in force. They can't help themselves.

TomRad85

I think I've got better as I've got older as there are genuinely more important things, but I've never understood people that don't get mad when we lose, used to ruin my whole weekend, now maybe just the day. Would genuinely still be mad if we lost to Real Madrid even though it makes no sense whatsoever.
Anyway what a bizarre thing to argue about, we've started doing well so let's split ourselves into do or don't react well to defeat camps and cock measure over that. Weird stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread