bbc league one predictor fun(if you dont like this sort of thing please do not post) (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

Nice one.

The above is obviously for when we play well for an entire 90 minutes.

If we make the play-offs I am going to eat an Ann Widdecombe arm-hair sandwich coated in a Vernon Kay nose-dribble sauce whilst swinging from the old cathedral spire screaming out Achey, breaky, heart!

Wow, this is clearly what happens supporting the City for too long and being starved of any level of success since the days when Brian Moore and John Motson looked like a young go getters.

Otis

Feels like we've been on hunger strike for the last 25 years.

We could have done a dirty protest as well I supposed, but have obviously been focusing on the shit on the pitch instead.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I have us in 12th place on 65 points, 10 points off the play offs

Wins
Walsall H, Shrews H, Tranmere H, Oldham H, Yeovil H, Bury A, Scunthorpe A, Colchester H, Hartlepool H, Walsall A, Brentford H, Leyton Orient H

Draws
Preston H, Stevanage A, Carlisle A, Crewe H, Swindon H

Losses
Doncaster A, MK Dons A, Preston A, Sheff Utd A, Bournemouth A, Portsmouth A, Donacaster H, Crawley A, Notts County A

I think I may be have been a bit negative in places, I think from 9 of those losses we could turn 3 into draw and in turn bump up a 1/2 of those drawa to 3 points. Equally though some of the home games we 'should' win like Leyton Orient, Colchester we will probably end up drawing or losing

Otis

Wins
Walsall H, Shrews H, Tranmere H, Oldham H, Yeovil H, Bury A, Scunthorpe A, Colchester H, Hartlepool H, Walsall A, Brentford H, Leyton Orient H

Draws
Preston H, Stevanage A, Carlisle A, Crewe H, Swindon H

Losses
Doncaster A, MK Dons A, Preston A, Sheff Utd A, Bournemouth A, Portsmouth A, Donacaster H, Crawley A, Notts County A

I think I may be have been a bit negative in places, I think from 9 of those losses we could turn 3 into draw and in turn bump up a 1/2 of those drawa to 3 points. Equally though some of the home games we 'should' win like Leyton Orient, Colchester we will probably end up drawing or losing

That sounds very rational and reasonable that. Would say 65 points is a very good haul. That would mean 41 points from 26 matches and that would be a decent return for sure.

Black6Osprey

10 pts off the play offs? Doesn't that sound familiar.

I think if I was a betting man I would go with that and 12th place as well. Sounds about right to me.

When I say right I actually mean disappointing but you know what I mean.

Otis

And last time I checked, 12th was only 2 places higher than 14th.

And 14th is ridiculous isn't it! :whistle::whistle::whistle::D

hill83

I don't like this sort of thing

Also, without reading the thread. This is utter speculative bollocks.

Edit: You can put as many face saving caveats in your post as you like. You genuinely believe this shit.

4 losses? Do me a favour.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

10 pts off the play offs? Doesn't that sound familiar.

I think if I was a betting man I would go with that and 12th place as well. Sounds about right to me.

When I say right I actually mean disappointing but you know what I mean.
Yea I think we can at least nearly match the play off teams for the remainder of the season

Otis

Yea I think we can at least nearly match the play off teams for the remainder of the season

Which would be excellent. But of course would leave us still 10 points adrift.

If we were to do something amazing this season we would need to get something out of all these games following Walsall;

Doncaster A

Preston H

Stevenage A

MK Dons A

4 very tough games there. We need to come out of those with points on the board I feel or the gap is going to be quite a bit wider than it is now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we were to do something amazing this season we would need to get something out of all these games following Walsall;

Doncaster A

Preston H

Stevenage A

MK Dons A

4 very tough games there. We need to come out of those with points on the board I feel or the gap is going to be quite a bit wider than it is now.
Yea if we could come through those games with 7 points or more would be amazing. 5 points would still be a decent return also

Otis

Agree. You would have be happy with a win and 3 draws. That would give us 5 points. The gap to the top 6 though would surely widen to more than 10 points as a result you would have to say.

covcity4life

I don't like this sort of thing ( read the thread title)

Also, without reading the thread. This is utter speculative bollocks.

Edit: You can put as many face saving caveats in your post as you like. You genuinely believe this shit.

4 losses? Do me a favour.

no i dont,im not 2 faced,i say it like it is, this is jsut SPECULATION

i turned to the guys in the office and said " 4 losses :("

extremly hard to do.

top 10 would be a good acheivement but wont stop me thinking about the 5 losses in a row, they really look likely to have cost us so early in the season

i may have been positive with cov results but i also had rivals as very strong...it could well be the playoff minimum points is less than 78,i hope so anyway

but this is just speculation,if i thought this was how it would end i would put a bet on tommrow.

Otis

You are right about the 5 losses.

As i have said many a time, I predicted 14th pre-season. This was when AT was in charge and it is common knowledge that I didn't rate the guy.

I stuck with the 14th when MR came in because of the mess we were then in. I really rate MR and think he will bring success. Trouble is, Shaw's horrendous little tenure caused so much damage i have stuck with the 14th ever since.

MR is good, but it was such a mess it's going to take much sorting out. And I am also convinced we will lose our top goal scorer. Look back at the last 10+ years and you will see just how difficult it has been for us to find that elusive 20 goal a season man.

They are like gold dust. McGoldrick going would really kick us in the nuts. We don't replace him adequately and even 14th could be just a pipe dream.

covcity4life

well since i did this predictor(even tho it was a messaround) i have realised how ahrd it will be to close gap on promotion

if we keep mcg it is possible,without most likely not

top 10 and JPT win would be a good outcome if sisu back robins next year

but i wont rule playoffs it out just yet:pimp:

think the 2nd half of december will show us if we can do it personally.

Otis

Those 4 games after Walsall are going to be key to our fortunes. We need to pick up a few points there for sure.

covcity4life

View attachment 1314
Wins:
4-0 vs wallsall,2-1 vs preston, 5-1 vs shrews,3-2 vs tranmere,2-1 carlise,4-0 vs oldham,4-2 vs yeovil,2-1 bury,3-2 vs crewe, 2-1 vs windon, 2-1 vs scunny,4-0 colchester, 5-0 hpool, 2-1 vs pompey, 3-1 vs walsall, 2-1 vs brentford,4-1 vs leyton orient
Draws: 1-1 vs stevenage,0-0 vs shef futd, 1-1 vs donny, 1-1 vs crawley
losses: 1-0 doncaster(away) 2-1 vs mk dons,1-0 bounremouth, 2-1 notts county

so 17 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses to get us 5th, although had a chance of auto on last day of season lol

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST A PREDICTOR THREAD,NOONE IS STATING ANY OF THIS A FACT,I AM WELL AWARE WINS CAN TURN OUT TO BE LOSSES AND DRAWS INTO WINS ETC,if i do this online tool in 1 month my results will probably be a bit different so take it with a pinch of salt instead of moaning
just find possible outcomes interesting personally,thats all.
for those interested we finnaly made top 6 on 16th march

For those who may find it interesting I have us currently 7pts better off than my BBC predictor!! Which can only be a good thing

We bettered Stevenage, mk dons and Donny albeit drawing with Preston

So far so good!

Astute

Doncaster A

Preston H

Stevenage A

MK Dons A

They were tough games. 5 goals against and we only scored 11 :D Dropped 2 points as well

Just not good enough when we won the game before these 5-1 ;) Only 1 defeat in last 13 games.

I am slightly happier than I was before this run ;) :laugh:

Otis

If we can beat Donny, Stevenage and Mk away we can beat anyone.

We just need to sort out our home form.

Last edited:

Astute

If we can beat Donny, Stevenage and Mk away we can beat anyone.

We just need to sort out our home home.

Fook me even Otis thinks we are going to beat Spurs now :p

wingy

Do you know the only points we've dropped in the last 14 games have occured with the Direst of refs and its only because we overcame the Stevenage one that we got anything there .

covcity4life

View attachment 1314
Wins:
4-0 vs wallsall,2-1 vs preston, 5-1 vs shrews,3-2 vs tranmere,2-1 carlise,4-0 vs oldham,4-2 vs yeovil,2-1 bury,3-2 vs crewe, 2-1 vs windon, 2-1 vs scunny,4-0 colchester, 5-0 hpool, 2-1 vs pompey, 3-1 vs walsall, 2-1 vs brentford,4-1 vs leyton orient

so 17 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses to get us 5th, although had a chance of auto on last day of season lol

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST A PREDICTOR THREAD,NOONE IS STATING ANY OF THIS A FACT,I AM WELL AWARE WINS CAN TURN OUT TO BE LOSSES AND DRAWS INTO WINS ETC,if i do this online tool in 1 month my results will probably be a bit different so take it with a pinch of salt instead of moaning

looking back at this i have got lots of individual results wrong but the actual points tally seems to be bang on track because of our wns vs top teams which i didnt expect back then

we have 8 of the 17 wins i predicted, now i tihnk 16 will be enough though

roll on march 16th!

covcity4life

View attachment 1314
Wins:

so far we are currently 3 pts behind my predictor

we can still do this!:p:p:p

Otis

Big worry now of course is the loss of Leon Clarke, and possibly Carl Baker for 2 games. These are our top 2 goalscorers.

covcity4life

Big worry now of course is the loss of Leon Clarke, and possibly Carl Baker for 2 games. These are our top 2 goalscorers.

yup its a worry,truly would be most amazing season i have witnessed if we get promoted

cov_ind it was a bit of fun ffs,if i could predict all scores months in advance id be loaded

whilst individual results have been wrong,the points tally i predicted is very close. so the point of my bump is that we are somewhat on track for playoffs

IF we win next 2 games we cvould find ourselves 3 pts of top lol albeit with teams having games in hand etc

Otis

Funnily enough, I think it's been a pretty shit season, but you're right, if we could sneak into the play-offs it could end up an amazing one.

From shit to amazing in one fell swoop!

Otis

Well I think it comes down to whether you just go to home games or away games.

For those who travel away it must feel like a great season. For those like me, who only go to home games, it's felt pretty grim at times.

Start of the season there was talk that we could be right there at the top. Who'd have believed we would have lost to Carlisle twice and Shrewsbury twice and only won 6 home games all season so far.

At home it's been grim, away it must feel like good times!

Users who are viewing this thread