Bayliss - PNE perspective (4 Viewers)

fatso

Amazing logic. He should be punished as he was on a holiday with a wider group of lads - one of whom let the others down (but didn’t hurt anyone in any way)? Jesus Christ - I really have heard it all.
I think you'll find there was a lot more to the story than just the snippet of video footage that was posted on line.

Grendel

I think you'll find there was a lot more to the story than just the snippet of video footage that was posted on line.

Also Fanny Thomas used to refer to 10 bags Baylis all the time - what a snake

DannyThomas_1981

Also Fanny Thomas used to refer to 10 bags Baylis all the time - what a snake

Shut up Clown.

(Also as a so called supporter of our club you've ordered taxis for one of our greatest managers for the past 3 years and you've found it appropriate to deride and constantly belittle our own players for years - so don't even dare to call anyone else a snake).

Mr Panda

I liked Bayliss, way he travelled with the ball was different to most other players.

Feared for him when he went to Preston under Alex Neil, he doesn't trust young talent, no matter how good it is. I'd wager Maddison wouldn't be where he is now if Daniel Farke didn't replace Neil at Norwich.

Liquid Gold

I really rated him but he needs a full season in league one now after Preston have completely fucked things up for him

skyblue025

He's got Ben Stephenson written all over him. Expect he will be released by Preston when his contract is up and have to try and rebuild his career in L1\L2. Shame for the lad. He was excellent in league 2 and ok in League 1.

kg82

Ten bags bayliss. We've moved on. The same members on here calling for Baker and Mcsheffrey to come back a few years a go.
do people just look at previous players because they dont know anything about any other player out there
Little bit different. Bayliss is still very young. And anyone that describes him as ten bags Bayliss in a derogatory term, when it wasn’t him that said, should probably have a look at themselves.

hill83

The same track record that’s called for 2 up front all season which he finally done seeing us win 3 in a week 😝🤣

cherry-picking.jpg

Grendel

Shut up Clown.

(Also as a so called supporter of our club you've ordered taxis for one of our greatest managers for the past 3 years and you've found it appropriate to deride and constantly belittle our own players for years - so don't even dare to call anyone else a snake).

Ok lord hiss

Esoterica

Would have absolutely thrived in one of the AM roles in the box formation deployed the season after he left. People panned him in the first season back in L1 when he was asked to play alongside Doyle, whose legs were absolutely gone relative to the level, in one of the 2 deep roles of the 4-2-3-1. He was doing the running for 2 and getting the ball 40 yards deeper on the pitch than he should have been, turning his strength of gliding past players into a weakness because of the position on the pitch he found himself in. We managed him pretty poorly in that season in my opinion and contributed to knocking a lot of the confidence out of him.

After a season where he stagnated by being played out of position, he then took a move to a team that are completely wrong for him and I hope he's sacked his agent since then. No way a 19 yr old should be moving to a Championship team who play ugly football, with no U23 team, after 18 months of men's football. He's halfway through his 4 year deal now, needs to push for a loan next season and then choose his next permanent move very very carefully.

fernandopartridge

Would have absolutely thrived in one of the AM roles in the box formation deployed the season after he left. People panned him in the first season back in L1 when he was asked to play alongside Doyle, whose legs were absolutely gone relative to the level, in one of the 2 deep roles of the 4-2-3-1. He was doing the running for 2 and getting the ball 40 yards deeper on the pitch than he should have been, turning his strength of gliding past players into a weakness because of the position on the pitch he found himself in. We managed him pretty poorly in that season in my opinion and contributed to knocking a lot of the confidence out of him.

After a season where he stagnated by being played out of position, he then took a move to a team that are completely wrong for him and I hope he's sacked his agent since then. No way a 19 yr old should be moving to a Championship team who play ugly football, with no U23 team, after 18 months of men's football. He's halfway through his 4 year deal now, needs to push for a loan next season and then choose his next permanent move very very carefully.
I remember Chris Waddle picking him out as the "best player on the park" when we beat Stoke in the cup. It's really stuck with me as high praise given some of the players on the pitch that day.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I remember Chris Waddle picking him out as the "best player on the park" when we beat Stoke in the cup. It's really stuck with me as high praise given some of the players on the pitch that day.

If they're ex-pro's that don't see much of us (if at all) and are going on a single performance and maybe a quick search pre-game suggests he's someone to look out for they may not be the greatest overall judge.

I remember Barry Quinn got picked out for special praise in a MOTD once and many were raving about players like Freddie Sears coming through after a few goals early on.

christonabike

Looking at the season we need big strapping 6ft 2 bullies scattered about the pitch as too many times we were muscled off the ball and looked too nieve to compete at this level. Not sure he fits the bill to be honest.

KG7

Looking at the season we need big strapping 6ft 2 bullies scattered about the pitch as too many times we were muscled off the ball and looked too nieve to compete at this level. Not sure he fits the bill to be honest.
Hi Aidy.

Grendel

If they're ex-pro's that don't see much of us (if at all) and are going on a single performance and maybe a quick search pre-game suggests he's someone to look out for they may not be the greatest overall judge.

I remember Barry Quinn got picked out for special praise in a MOTD once and many were raving about players like Freddie Sears coming through after a few goals early on.

Sears never scored for us

SBT

He was a superstar at reserve/youth team level for West Ham, wasn't he? Like a proto-McBean.

Grendel

He scored on debut as a youngster which always persuades a few journos that he'll be 'highly rated' and 'one to watch'. Just like James Vaughan really

He then went 3 seasons before his next goal almost.

Brighton Sky Blue

He then went 3 seasons before his next goal almost.

Yep, but as said above teenage strikers scoring on debut are always likely to get hype that belies their abilities, especially as it wasn't long after Rooney's burst onto the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread