Bayliss - PNE perspective (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Bayliss

Interesting debate on our Tom.

Feel for the lad.
Preston were an interesting choice as they have a really poor track record with bringing through young players & don't even have an U23 side to get them up to speed in.
Look at Thyrys Dolan, one of their top prospects, quit the club & joined their rivals Blackburn for nothing as he couldn't see a path to Preston's first team.

edgy

From the outside, it looks like shocking mismanagement.

If he isn't showing enough promise in training then get the lad some game time elsewhere. That's the bare minimum you'd expect if you haven't got an u23s.

Alkhen

They sound a refreshingly levelheaded lot on that forum. whats he got left on his contract there, seems such a waste of potential. at least loan the poor kid out

Winny the Bish

Not sure if I'd take Bayliss back tbh. Was great at getting us further up the pitch but technique-wise seemed a tad lacking. If we play 5-2-1-2 next season then I don't think there's a natural fit for him in any position.

Torquay Sky Blue

I honestly thought there was a big future for him and was disappointed to see him go. He definitely needs playing time. Perhaps they expected too much from their investment before he was ready.
It certainly hasn't done Mcallum any harm to be loaned back but I'm not sure Tom would of started here even if he'd been given the choice .

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought he looked really good when he broke through and although way off in talent reminded me a bit of Frank Lampard in the way he travelled with the ball and could break into the box.

Brighton Sky Blue

Looks like we’ll be saying farewell to a good number of those from the L2 and L1 promotions, hope they can get a decent send off.

mrtrench

We haven't seen him play for two years - he's probably rusty, having been given no chances at PNE, however his body strength should be much greater now and he *should* have improved. Don't think that anyone could say yea or nay based on no information other than what he looked like in League 2 when he was 20.

D

Deleted member 2477

Ten bags bayliss. We've moved on. The same members on here calling for Baker and Mcsheffrey to come back a few years a go.
do people just look at previous players because they dont know anything about any other player out there

Colin Steins Smile

I would be very cautious about bringing Tom back. It looks like his career has stagnated and he’s missed out on games to accelerate his development.
I wouldn’t write him off, but he needs to be playing for anyone to make an assessment on his development. i wish him well, but not sure it’s one for us now.

shmmeee

Assuming he’d want ten bags here, which would make him the highest paid player.

Frankly while he was OK in L2, I think we’ve moved on and he clearly hasn’t progressed to our level as after Saturday we’ll be higher placed than a team he can’t get near.

wingy

Just like this place,start off talking about Bayliss ,finish on about some guy called Moult.😊

no_loyalty

He was just an exciting kid prospect who broke through in the lowest league.
It's fair to say his initial output faded then we cashed in and he went for it .

He was excellent in league two, and ok in league one, like Shipley the Championship could just be a bridge too far?

DannyThomas_1981

Tom had a disappointing second season but the 4-4-2 formation simply didn't play to his strengths.
He's a talent who would add to our current midfield options and give Robins that all important flexibility to rotate.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tom had a disappointing second season but the 4-4-2 formation simply didn't play to his strengths.
He's a talent who would add to our current midfield options and give Robins that all important flexibility to rotate.

Think we need to take our time over recruitment to make sure we get it right (within reason). Our players will now have a full Championship season under their belt, though I can't help but think we need a few 'seasoned' players as well as prospects.

Users who are viewing this thread