Bayliss or Maddison (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Seen a lot of people on twitter saying that Bayliss will go further in his career than Maddison. What is your opinion?

ccfc92

Two completely different players.

Maddison is more skillful on the ball, whereas Bayliss seems to glide across the pitch with the ball.

I think Maddison is the better player and will go further long term though.

superskyblue

Yeah I think Maddison is better. Would be surprised if Bayliss played international football but think he will play Premier League.

pusbccfc

Please tell me that's a joke? That's like comparing Ronaldo to Adam Barton. Maddison is and always was lightyears ahead. Bayliss is a solid player, but he hardly set the world alight last year.

PVA

No chance. Maddison will go right to the top - Play in the Champions league, dozens of England caps.

Liquid Gold

Bayliss will have a very good career, miles ahead of the likes of Stevenson but Maddison is a special player.

djr8369

Can’t see it. Maybe mid to lower prem standard but has to keep working hard and apply himself. Good luck to him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Maddison has a killer ball. Peach set piece taker. Can’t skip through defences like Bayliss though.

Bayliss hasn’t got a terrific pass on him but can skip through a midfield and defensive line like a hot knife through butter.

They both have an eye for goal. Why not agree that they’re both good players. Who’ll get further? Frankly, I couldn’t give a shit - best of luck to the pair of them.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I think people forget how shite Maddison was in his only full season in L1, he had a good start but was poor after he came back from injury. The season before he was mediocre as well.

Bayliss came into the side as a young kid mid season and got straight on the front foot. He wasn't bad last year at all, I'm not really sure what game some people watch. He had to play a third of the season doing Doyle's running for him ffs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good luck to Tom and he'll do fine, but Maddison is (and likely to stay) a level above. I wish them both all success (although wish Madders was elsewhere!)

Sky Blue Pete

Premier class both. The world is their oyster they both have talent. Depends on hard work and determination now. Be great in 5 years if Bayliss and Maddison are the midfield pairing for England

the rumpo kid

A lot of people under estimating bayliss. If he's managed properly he could be as good a play maker link man as maddison is. Don't forget maddison came straight back here for the remainder of the season and was loaned out to Aberdeen for the first part of the next season, so don't expect bayliss to go straight into pne and start playing like maddison is now . This kid will be a premiership player.

Otis

Not sure, but I think Bayliss can make it to the top as well.

He's only 20. I think he will be a top player.

Evo1883

Seen a lot of people on twitter saying that Bayliss will go further in his career than Maddison. What is your opinion?

Just shows you that most city fans know absolutely naff all about football and let the fact that he played for our academy completely cloud their judgement on him.

At one point I think we all thought the same and hoped he would emulate James, but as his time here moved on it became apparant very quickly he would never reach that level.

Moral of the story, Maddison will be a key figure in Englands future, bayliss will be lucky to ever play Premier league football

Hobo

Different type of player. Obviously Maddison has developed a lot since leaving City and is far ahead at the moment.

But Bayliss is still young and has plenty of potential. Tough call with Maddison slightly ahead for me.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maddison is technically the more gifted player and has something that bit different. Bayliss is a good player with lots of potential and seems to have his head on straight.

The only thing that can stop Maddison is himself by letting the money and fame go to his head. I think Bayliss is less prone to that but doesn't have quite the same ability.

If he continues to learn I can see him playing PL in a few years. Maybe he'll end up being the next Henderson?!

SKYBLUES90

I think people forget how shite Maddison was in his only full season in L1, he had a good start but was poor after he came back from injury. The season before he was mediocre as well.

Bayliss came into the side as a young kid mid season and got straight on the front foot. He wasn't bad last year at all, I'm not really sure what game some people watch. He had to play a third of the season doing Doyle's running for him ffs.

Hit the nail on the head here, which is why I’ve said people must be mad to think 2 million is a good deal.

Might not scored or assisted many last season but his ability to run past players with ease, drive the team forward and pick out a defence cutting ball put him a class above the rest last season. He will be a huge loss.

Evo1883

Hit the nail on the head here, which is why I’ve said people must be mad to think 2 million is a good deal.

Might not scored or assisted many last season but his ability to run past players with ease, drive the team forward and pick out a defence cutting ball put him a class above the rest last season. He will be a huge loss.

I saw him cut a defence open with a pass once against Wycombe away... When else did this happen.
I might come a cross like a knob but we have to talk reality and not on pure emotion.. So please tell me when you saw bayliss cut open a defence more than once

SKYBLUES90

I saw him cut a defence open with a pass once against Wycombe away... When else did this happen.
I might come a cross like a knob but we have to talk reality and not on pure emotion.. So please tell me when you saw bayliss cut open a defence more than once

Funnily enough the one you mentioned is the first one on this video, but there are numerous other examples in there to. His link up play with grimmer in league 2 and last season with Sterling is something we haven’t had for years in the midfield. If he gets his chance with Preston he will be in the premier league in the next 2 years.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When he glides past players he looks great. But don't forget for every time he did that he was dispossessed another half dozen.

Evo1883

Funnily enough the one you mentioned is the first one on this video, but there are numerous other examples in there to. His link up play with grimmer in league 2 and last season with Sterling is something we haven’t had for years in the midfield. If he gets his chance with Preston he will be in the premier league in the next 2 years.

So we have 3 passes in 2 seasons that he assisted goals through the middle.
My frustration with Tom was always how much he liked the simple ball, the ball on the overlap and the simple side wards pass... I often found myself annoyed at his ability to give the ball away in silly areas, and Not pick out the obvious run through the middle way way too often, he struggled to trap balls when he wasn't under pressure... For a player who drives through the middle his stats are nowhere near where they should be, especially for a player that finds himself 30 yards from goal an awful lot

Users who are viewing this thread