Barton i just trod in something (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Barton is shit, he will be gone at the end of the season and be lucky to be playing in L2 come August.

oakey

I still can't see how JOB gets away with garbage but everyone jumps all over Barton.
Hes one of those players who when a pass goes astray or short gets blamed whether he was the passer or receiver.Be honest most of our fans think that. Example was when he played the ball back to JOB on the edge of the D in the first half but JOB had stopped. Crowd blamed Barton.

Otis

I still can't see how JOB gets away with garbage but everyone jumps all over Barton.
Hes one of those players who when a pass goes astray or short gets blamed whether he was the passer or receiver.Be honest most of our fans think that. Example was when he played the ball back to JOB on the edge of the D in the first half but JOB had stopped. Crowd blamed Barton.

JOB gets away with stuff over Barton because he is a constant goal threat, won't chicken out of a tackle and always gives maximum effort, even if he has a poor game.

JOB has 6 goals this season. Barton has how many?

oakey

Pleased you agree that JOB gets away with stuff.He was zero goal threat today. He only got a few crosses in when he dropped back to right back.
BTW. If Barton had had the shot 20 yards wide JOB had in the first half he would have been slaughtered.

bit unfair to count goals when Barton has never been played in a forward role whereas its part of JOB's role to bomb forward.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pleased you agree that JOB gets away with stuff.He was zero goal threat today. He only got a few crosses in when he dropped back to right back.
BTW. If Barton had had the shot 20 yards wide JOB had in the first half he would have been slaughtered.

bit unfair to count goals when Barton has never been played in a forward role whereas its part of JOB's role to bomb forward.

Ok so how may assists does he have?

stupot07

JOB gets away with stuff over Barton because he is a constant goal threat, won't chicken out of a tackle and always gives maximum effort, even if he has a poor game.

And our leading assist maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Who was it who crossed the ball for the goal today.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Barton is not a defensive midfielder though is he. He quite often does find himself in and around the box.

Do you know how many goals he's got over his entire career? 6.

There's no doubt the lad has skill, but he lacks pace, can't tackle, can't score, lacks strength, doesn't run into space, gets knocked off the ball too easily and more often than not just goes backwards and sideways in his passing, rather than forwards.

I can easily criticise JOB too, but this thread is about Adam Barton.

RFC

Ah sense and reality at last!!!!!!!!!!!!

RFC

He's a midfielder who gets into some great positions in the final third but very, very rarely if ever SHOOTS! HELP

Sky Blue Harry H

He's a luxury we can not afford to gamble with and very, very rarely shoots when in great positions in the final third.

Carrying him far too many times, surprised he even reached HT?

What about "Get behind....and support the lads....PUSB"? Has somebody hacked your account ? For what it;s worth, Barton doesn't tackle enough for me ...and... can't head it for a tall player, also doesn't score enough.... apart from that, he's great!

oakey

I just find it odd that anyone would start a thread on a player who played only the first half in a match in which the whole team was garbage. Especially as he was no worse than at least 7 others.
it looks like scapegoating to me. Missing the point that all were poor in that first half.

Moff

I am no Barton fan, but trust me I have seen a lot worse, and that depresses me quite a lot.

you cannot be trusted

WTF, Sorry I cant be trusted because I dont agree with you opinion?

Not quite sure what the fekk you are on about, but sorry Barton is shit but we have had shitter players over the year. Keep living in your bubble if it makes you feel better.

olderskyblue

In a 12 minute spell in the 1st half, Barton misplaced 1 pass, job 2 and fleck 3. Guess who's pass got all the groans from the crowd?

also, he played 2 excellent passes into the box and found our players. Fleck none, job 1

agree, overall he was poor, but fleck was worse and JOB always seems to get away without criticism after shit games.

As someone else said, most of the players today were poor. Is there a thread on each of them?

Nick

Administrator
On that note, nouble took a player on and shot and got groans. Maddison had a worse shot but got clapped.

Skybluepiglet

Barton Bashing seems to be a common pastime amongst the sky blue faithful from time to time.

Over the last 4 to 5 weeks he has passed some great balls and shown a nice deft touch at times...but today the whole team were just not up to it.

Don't just pick on Barton all the time..he ain't great ..but there were far worse individual performances by far on that pitch in a sky blue shirt today.

Hobo

Barton Bashing seems to be a common pastime amongst the sky blue faithful from time to time.

Over the last 4 to 5 weeks he has passed some great balls and shown a nice deft touch at times...but today the whole team were just not up to it.

Don't just pick on Barton all the time..he ain't great ..but there were far worse individual performances by far on that pitch in a sky blue shirt today.

Pressley sacked, Webster dropped....they are working through their excuses before accepting reality! Having let in three I am suprised Burge isn't in the frame despite how he played today.

SkyBlue_Bear83

On that note, nouble took a player on and shot and got groans. Maddison had a worse shot but got clapped.

Weren't much difference in the two efforts, and lot of the groans were probably because Nouble had a simple pass on to Stokes who was on the overlap

stupot07

Weren't much difference in the two efforts, and lot of the groans were probably because Nouble had a simple pass on to Stokes who was on the overlap

Correct. At least maddison was central of the goal. Nouble was quite wide on the edge of the box, stokes on the over lap and people in the box waiting for a cross.

stupot07

In a 12 minute spell in the 1st half, Barton misplaced 1 pass, job 2 and fleck 3. Guess who's pass got all the groans from the crowd?

also, he played 2 excellent passes into the box and found our players. Fleck none, job 1

agree, overall he was poor, but fleck was worse and JOB always seems to get away without criticism after shit games.

As someone else said, most of the players today were poor. Is there a thread on each of them?

That's utter tosh, JOB's always getting unfairly slated on here.

Otis

JOB does get one hell a lot of stick at times. And you have to remember, Barton was taken off at half-time today, so we weren't the only ones who thought he was shit.

olderskyblue

Check out the player of the season thread, and how many rate JOB as our best player over the season. That's tosh.

olderskyblue

JOB does get one hell a lot of stick at times. And you have to remember, Barton was taken off at half-time today, so we weren't the only ones who thought he was shit.

Not denying he was shit today, but it could have been nouble or fleck off at half time. They were equally poor.

I just think Barton seems to be the figure of hate, and so gets "some" OTT criticism at times. Someone said he always goes sideways or back. That's complete bollocks He usually looks forward first, and "if" there's a runner, he tries to find them. That "if" has been rare this season...

If he ran his bollocks off for the team, and made even more errors, he might even be a contender for Man of the season.... :sarcasm:

Pubboy

Just before half time I said to the guy who sits next to me I wonder what career Barton will have after the summer when his never ending contract must run out, my thought was playing a guitar somewhere or maybe the MLS or A League.
Errrr MLS is way too high a level for Mr Barton.

Great_Expectations

Im genuinely not trying to be contentious, but are we proposing the ability of a player is purely determined by the number of goals and assists they contribute?

AndreasB

You can always tell the twice a year supporters cant you. So confident in their opinions after 45 minutes.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Im genuinely not trying to be contentious, but are we proposing the ability of a player is purely determined by the number of goals and assists they contribute?

Not for everyone though, but it surely is a parameter for a midfielder?

Ok so he doesn't score, he doesn't assist. Is he is amazing defensively then?

Great_Expectations

Not for everyone though, but it surely is a parameter for a midfielder?

Ok so he doesn't score, he doesn't assist. Is he is amazing defensively then?

I agree, to a point at least. Not all midfielders are goal scorers or creators or tacklers. There's another kind, who's typology is to do the simple things and efficiently recycle the ball, á la Michael Carrick.

How well that sort of players works in League One, or specifically in our system, I'm not sure.

Otis

I agree, to a point at least. Not all midfielders are goal scorers or creators or tacklers. There's another kind, who's typology is to do the simple things and efficiently recycle the ball, á la Michael Carrick.

How well that sort of players works in League One, or specifically in our system, I'm not sure.

I have said several times before, Barton is in the wrong division. He is not suited to the blood and thunder of League One.

Users who are viewing this thread