Barton i just trod in something (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I agree, to a point at least. Not all midfielders are goal scorers or creators or tacklers. There's another kind, who's typology is to do the simple things and efficiently recycle the ball, á la Michael Carrick.

How well that sort of players works in League One, or specifically in our system, I'm not sure.

The problem seems to be that Barton can't play any of the roles consistently he is a player with no position a luxury player who isn't good enough to be or in a team that can carry one.

Mr T - Sukka!

Adam Barton did have a bad game yesterday, but no worse than the 10 other useless twats alongside him.

At least he ran, Fleck does nothing at all, he was even in the box in a good shooting position and elected to pass to Nouble.

I get Barton is poo, but so are they rest.

But think about it they are mostly all out of contract so wont exactly be busting a gut. They will be gone in a few weeks. Thank the magical Waggot for this policy.

stupot07

I agree, to a point at least. Not all midfielders are goal scorers or creators or tacklers. There's another kind, who's typology is to do the simple things and efficiently recycle the ball, á la Michael Carrick.

How well that sort of players works in League One, or specifically in our system, I'm not sure.

The problem is that both fleck and barton (and thomas)are that player that does the simply things and efficiently recycle the ball, but rarely scores or creates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

The problem is that both fleck and barton (and thomas)are that player that does the simply things and efficiently recycle the ball, but rarely scores or creates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I think Ward looked the same type of player yesterday as well so we had three who do simple things and one that run around a lot again shows the in-balance in the squad.

Otis

The problem seems to be that Barton can't play any of the roles consistently he is a player with no position a luxury player who isn't good enough to be or in a team that can carry one.

Barton is indeed a luxury player and one we can ill afford to have unfortunately.

Great_Expectations

I think Ward looked the same type of player yesterday as well so we had three who do simple things and one that run around a lot again shows the in-balance in the squad.

Agree, especially Fleck (which is the point I made earlier re the difference in reaction to Barton and Fleck).

Ward is similar but he does like to occasionally drive forward with the ball.

I agree Thomas is similar in that he comes deep to get the ball, wants the ball to feet etc, but he's generally more defensively minded than the others and does not have the technical ability either.

Terry Gibson's perm

Agree, especially Fleck (which is the point I made earlier re the difference in reaction to Barton and Fleck).

Ward is similar but he does like to occasionally drive forward with the ball.

I agree Thomas is similar in that he comes deep to get the ball, wants the ball to feet etc, but he's generally more defensively minded than the others and does not have the technical ability either.

Fleck get's to me as I do believe he has the talent in there to play far further forward but just seems to hide by playing a yard in front of the centre backs.

Ward had been but his mind looked elsewhere yesterday.

stupot07

Yep, I was going to include ward in there.

Users who are viewing this thread