Barnsley on a madness (6 Viewers)

mark82

Even if we sold Pinnock, Moore, And Lindsay for half the reported £9M we’d still balanced the books, meaning we’re running on the money the club generates, which is exactly what I told you, which is exactly what the club told us fans, I can’t understand why it’s so hard for you to grasp.

I would be absolutely amazed if we sold them 3 for such little, Pinnock alone was reported as £3M with the same again should Brentford be promoted whilst he’s at the club.

Transfer fees are rarely all up front, they'll be paid in installments across a number of years.

shmmeee

I think Baka and Sheaf are bigger errors of judgement. For me James was only a gamble injury wise, he will always do a solid job and then on other occasions shine like he did today. I think if he couldn't play alongside Kelly then it may have been an issue. It also gives us a bit of experience which we are really short of. I don't think its that odd an opinion, although I do also get your point especially if they couldn't be paired.

The fact you put Baka and Sheaf in the same breath...

Grendel

He literally scored the equaliser to win us a point last week - what an odd thing to say

Shipley scored against Swansea - let’s give him a 5 year deal

harvey098

Shipley scored against Swansea - let’s give him a 5 year deal

I didn't say give him a 5 year deal. I was just correcting your factually incorrect statement that "he had zero impact on results until today" when he literally scored a point winning goal as recent as last week...

...Or did that not count because Blackburn had some u21's in their squad?

Grendel

I didn't say give him a 5 year deal. I was just correcting your factually incorrect statement that "he had zero impact on results until today" when he literally scored a point winning goal as recent as last week...

...Or did that not count because Blackburn had some u21's in their squad?

So when we lose and if our ratio of points is worse with him in the team what then?

Gregbant

So when we lose and if our ratio of points is worse with him in the team what then?

I think because there are 11 players in a team, it isnt really possible to judge individuals on the team's win/loss ratio, so many other factors impact on that ratio than one individual player. It would have to be on a very consistent basis over a very long time before you could draw a statistical conclusion. You just have to judge his own individual performances over this short period of time.
Viktor Gyokeres has felt like a waste of budget but maybe it was the best we could get?

harvey098

I think, and i would have to check the football league rules, but i think his goal against Blackburn would still count. I get that you like to go off on tangents when proved wrong but I am talking solely about your statement that he hadn't impacted a result when he won us a point 7 days prior.

Gregbant

The fact you put Baka and Sheaf in the same breath...
I do see them as similar in terms of the fact we have to pay a transfer fee for them and both sets of fans from the clubs they were previously playing for couldn't believe that we were going to pay money for them.
When you compare them to players we haven't paid a transfer fee for it's crazy.
It's so hard for us to pay transfer fees you hope when we do it's a Hamer or a Jodi Jones, not a Baka or Sheaf.

cc84cov

I do see them as similar in terms of the fact we have to pay a transfer fee for them and both sets of fans from the clubs they were previously playing for couldn't believe that we were going to pay money for them.
When you compare them to players we haven't paid a transfer fee for it's crazy.
It's so hard for us to pay transfer fees you hope when we do it's a Hamer or a Jodi Jones, not a Baka or Sheaf.
If we sign James & keep Hamer & Kelly where does sheaf fit ? £750k to be 4th choice ? Madness

harvey098

He was key against Watford too. Marshalled everything really well.

I agree, I think he’s been excellent and his touch is velvet. Performance though can be subjective and arguable. My gripe was someone arguing he had never effected a result when he’d literally scored last week to snatch a draw. How can you argue his goal didn’t effect that result ?! It’s actually bonkers some of the things people on here come out with.

Hertsccfc

I agree, I think he’s been excellent and his touch is velvet. Performance though can be subjective and arguable. My gripe was someone arguing he had never effected a result when he’d literally scored last week to snatch a draw. How can you argue his goal didn’t effect that result ?! It’s actually bonkers some of the things people on here come out with.
Agreed but that applies to some posters more than others. Most people are largely sensible and have interesting views

procdoc

Unfortunately Cov fans seem to be allergic to quality footballers. Look at the stick Gary McAllister used to get for example. Matty James is a very good player at this level. His man of the match performance against a good Watford team being a prime example of the positive impact he’s had on the squad

Grendel

Unfortunately Cov fans seem to be allergic to quality footballers. Look at the stick Gary McAllister used to get for example. Matty James is a very good player at this level. His man of the match performance against a good Watford team being a prime example of the positive impact he’s had on the squad

I agree he’s a good player I think he’s high risk and we need to spend on other areas of the pitch

Hertsccfc

I agree he’s a good player I think he’s high risk and we need to spend on other areas of the pitch
That's a reasonable view. However I feel James is so important in terms of the experience he provides and this will be a great help to our young and talented midfielders like Hamer, O'Hare and Sheaf. Kelly doesn't have anything like the same experience at this level.

AFCCOVENTRY

Big day for us Barnsley City fans today.

Hopefully Chaplin will do some shithousery like he did against Sunderland.

Play up Sky Reds!

Users who are viewing this thread