Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

How did he do?
Not a lot but with more time hopefully a great deal.
Had Cal released a long ball to him early we might have seen if his pace and skill were the reason for leaving him as a late sub vs tired legs. He fumbled one move for a goal kick but the crowd reacted with an unlucky applause rather than groans which shows people are excited by him and want him to do well. Indeed he came in to a thunderous applause you'd have thought Cyril had risen from the dead it was that positive. Doesn't look as physical as Wags so maybe he might get bossed and muscled but looks quick and mobile. Hope to see more of him.

Brighton Sky Blue

No but you are boring. Change the record, nobody is listening and stop being so negative.

You say that when I made a thread this week praising an individual player after a terrible team performance. You say it when I was proud of the Cup performance despite the result when others were slating the manager. Could give many other examples where I’ve found positive aspects to poor results or displays.

My bashing of the owners in January and since is hardly unique either. Yesterday you have folks criticising individual players for mistakes when the truth is most are running on empty so as I said, it’s not fair pointing the finger at them.

It’s bollocks quite frankly

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Is it just me or do us Cov fans just like to complain about the same things over and over, there is a guy in my block who seems to yell at Sheaf from minute 1 till after the final wistle, Sheaf won the ball back and he started complaining, but anyways the point stands though we seem to moan about anything and everything even when we are doing well, yes not as well as the start of the season but still doing good just performance levels have dropped

Brighton Sky Blue

Is it just me or do us Cov fans just like to complain about the same things over and over, there is a guy in my block who seems to yell at Sheaf from minute 1 till after the final wistle, Sheaf won the ball back and he started complaining, but anyways the point stands though we seem to moan about anything and everything even when we are doing well, yes not as well as the start of the season but still doing good just performance levels have dropped

Behind me someone was seriously asking why Robins doesn’t try Jodi Jones up front instead of Gyo

djr8369

Not a lot but with more time hopefully a great deal.
Had Cal released a long ball to him early we might have seen if his pace and skill were the reason for leaving him as a late sub vs tired legs. He fumbled one move for a goal kick but the crowd reacted with an unlucky applause rather than groans which shows people are excited by him and want him to do well. Indeed he came in to a thunderous applause you'd have thought Cyril had risen from the dead it was that positive. Doesn't look as physical as Wags so maybe he might get bossed and muscled but looks quick and mobile. Hope to see more of him.
From what I recall he only had one touch? It was a bit frustrating that he had clearly come on to run into balls over the top but then players seemed reluctant to release any for him to chase. I guess it’s against the ethos of how we play which is generally to patiently build but then Gyro had successfully latched onto a number of balls over the top so there was clearly a lack of pace in the Barnsley back line to be exploited.

Sky Blue Pete

You say that when I made a thread this week praising an individual player after a terrible team performance. You say it when I was proud of the Cup performance despite the result when others were slating the manager. Could give many other examples where I’ve found positive aspects to poor results or displays.

My bashing of the owners in January and since is hardly unique either. Yesterday you have folks criticising individual players for mistakes when the truth is most are running on empty so as I said, it’s not fair pointing the finger at them.

It’s bollocks quite frankly
Interesting to hear robins blame the Southampton game for a couple of poor performances. I did wonder at that

Sky Blue Pete

From what I recall he only had one touch? It was a bit frustrating that he had clearly come on to run into balls over the top but then players seemed reluctant to release any for him to chase. I guess it’s against the ethos of how we play which is generally to patiently build but then Gyro had successfully latched onto a number of balls over the top so there was clearly a lack of pace in the Barnsley back line to be exploited.
Two bits of play that made me think he looked a lot better than a Rochdale reserve team player and also why it’s better for him than walker to have 10-15 mins at the end of games for us

The beating the man and crossing was excellent and the run to the byline was unlucky
I was left confused why robins hasn’t brought him on for 5-10 mins at the end of the last 10 games

Brighton Sky Blue

Interesting to hear robins blame the Southampton game for a couple of poor performances. I did wonder at that

Well 2 hours at full pelt against a top flight team followed by a game a few days later would be tough. Then add in that we’re dealing with 6 games in 3 weeks and actually I want to know why he waited until the last 10 minutes to make a change yesterday.

I didn’t see much point in rating players most of whom looked out on their feet from the beginning. Gyo’s weak shots a good sign of that

Sky Blue Pete

Well 2 hours at full pelt against a top flight team followed by a game a few days later would be tough. Then add in that we’re dealing with 6 games in 3 weeks and actually I want to know why he waited until the last 10 minutes to make a change yesterday.

I didn’t see much point in rating players most of whom looked out on their feet from the beginning. Gyo’s weak shots a good sign of that
And maatsens crossing. He’s such a risk averse manager. Fair enough of course

fernandopartridge

Two bits of play that made me think he looked a lot better than a Rochdale reserve team player and also why it’s better for him than walker to have 10-15 mins at the end of games for us

The beating the man and crossing was excellent and the run to the byline was unlucky
I was left confused why robins hasn’t brought him on for 5-10 mins at the end of the last 10 games
We were playing the worst team in the league tbf

Mcbean

Having Waggy start it was an ideal opportunity to bring Tav on for a late cameo Without pissing Waggy off - all about man management

Reactions: vow

Home and Away!

What did he say?
The guy texted in saying he's 50 years old and runs 60 miles a week,can't understand why elite footballers can't manage 2 games a week!
Oggy then said,ok but try running an xtra 20 miles a week ontop of your current mileage and see how you get on,saying that's what's being asked of a small squad currently....decent answer i thought.

Hertsccfc

This whole they're professionals and should be able to play lots of matches argument is stupid. Yes they can play lots of matches, probably every day in fact, but they won't perform to the best of their abilities.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Errr like to point out that mom is no longer allowed it should be Pom - person of the match as god Forbid we might offend someone 👍
Isn't it racist to use that term, and just choose the best Englishman?

Last edited:

clint van damme

The guy texted in saying he's 50 years old and runs 60 miles a week,can't understand why elite footballers can't manage 2 games a week!
Oggy then said,ok but try running an xtra 20 miles a week ontop of your current mileage and see how you get on,saying that's what's being asked of a small squad currently....decent answer i thought.

Bloke sounds like an absolute wank.

fernandopartridge

Running in a straight line at a steady pace ≠ the same distance run on a football pitch, just ridiculous logic all round

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The guy texted in saying he's 50 years old and runs 60 miles a week, can't understand why elite footballers can't manage 2 games a week!
Oggy then said, ok but try running an extra 20 miles a week on top of your current mileage and see how you get on, saying that's what's being asked of a small squad currently....decent answer I thought.
I finished a marathon last week and I'm almost 70. Mind you, I still felt peckish after, so I followed it with a Mars bar.

Users who are viewing this thread