Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Frostie

Not exactly a fluent performance I often admire teams that 'win ugly' when not at their best though so delighted with the result.

Barnsley although completely toothless set themselves up well defensively I thought, made it really difficult to play through them.

Johnnythespider

How did he do?
He celebrated the goal really well, and wants the ball played early over the top for him to run onto which pleased the fans who shout "forwards" a lot. Too early to tell what he's like as a footballer. He does offer pace though, which is something we've lacked for a long time so i hope he gets some more minutes.

CCFC54321

The number 28 (Domingo’s) for them was a technically very good player. He’d be a player I’d be interested in as competition for o’hare next season.

shepardo01

He's been credited with 3 touches, I only remember 2 in fairness, 1 where he put a cross in & 1 he mis-controlled & lost possession.
I honestly don't remember the cross!.... although I've just come out of a pretty bad bout of Covid and didn't feel quite with it at times today!! :ROFLMAO:

no_loyalty

I thought Allen had a good game and would have him as MOTM. Listening to Robins, he thought he played well too.

I didn’t think Allen had a particularly good first half, but he was much much better in the second half.

shmmeee

In all seriousness, I thought he looked OK. Certainly worth another ten or twenty minutes.

steveo1987

Finally settled down with a beer after getting home.
Barnsley were no threat whatsoever unlike Reading. 1st half non event with both full backs offering no outlet at all in the attacking sense forcing Hyham to take pointless punts over the top.
2nd half much better, noted Robins explicitly instructing Kane at half time to , I assume do better. It seemed to work as we attacked down both flanks. It kind of became a turgid affair from then on , Waghorn very poor although I still honestly believe he is a goal away from going on on a good run. Great to see players back to put the pressure on,we need to string a run together now or over the next few games like Huddersfield. All to play for, but a big win today.

SBT

If anyone is able to make any kind of assessment of Tavares after that game today, they’re a liar. Happy for the guy to get on and I’m sure he loved the standing ovation, but he literally didn’t do anything.

better days

The number 28 (Domingo’s) for them was a technically very good player. He’d be a player I’d be interested in as competition for o’hare next season.
Watford paid West Ham over £1m for him in 2018 and gave him a 4 year deal
He was supposed to be the next big thing at the time
But has been sent out on loan to successive clubs after not really showing much when playing for Watford

Brighton Sky Blue

Can’t say any of their players stood out really. I was surprised by how small the lad who was playing on the left for them was though.

Greggs

If anyone is able to make any kind of assessment of Tavares after that game today, they’re a liar. Happy for the guy to get on and I’m sure he loved the standing ovation, but he literally didn’t do anything.
My assessment is he is fast, i'm not lying either.

Johhny Blue

Big day for the lad. Glad he enjoyed his ovation. I’m sure there will be plenty on here just waiting to write him off as soon as he has a shot off target.

clint van damme

Just in, great result and great day.
Sheaf had his worse game for a while, other than that, bog standard performance.
It's all a out points at this stage though.

Incredible that we're still in with a shout, imagine if the owners had backed Robins?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm happy being just 3 points off the play offs. Okay, so we need other results to go our way, but, hey, ya never know.....
Also, I have a 94 year-old West Brom fan who sits by me in my local. The pair of us watch each others results closely. Happy to tell him that we are now above them! They were doing well at the start of the season as well. ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Three points after playing fairly poorly again, they are absolutely rubbish but it shows how it can go after a good year if you don’t look to bring better players in.

I don’t think he will change much for Tuesday possibly leave out Waghorn for Hamer.

slowpoke

Goes without saying it wasn’t the performance of the season and usually I don’t make weather conditions an excuse but on the pitch yesterday with that swirling wind flowing passing football was impossible a victory by any means is a bonus.

Gynnsthetonic

Goes without saying it wasn’t the performance of the season and usually I don’t make weather conditions an excuse but on the pitch yesterday with that swirling wind flowing passing football was impossible a victory by any means is a bonus.
Definitely a bit of a leveler I think was the weather, deserved the 3 points though.

Users who are viewing this thread