Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

0-0. Poor game all round but we didn't lose and kept a clean sheet.

Mucca Mad Boys

Decent point for us. They’ve been good at home this year, and they pressed us really well. Pretty even game because both teams had half chances, but we pretty much cancelled one another out.

Both teams will be fine this year.

Looked at the stats, 6/21 successful crosses - that needs to be better going forward. In a game like today, we probably could’ve done with 2 players up front and being more direct, I thought Walker and Gooden won quite a lot in the air - more than I’d expect at least.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

One of the easier games we will play. We didn't really turn up and it is disappointing.

Thought the centre backs were decent but wouldn't say much more than that.

Godden was atrocious. Some other players not much better.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Barnsley play to spoil no doubt in my mind they will be relegated this season as poor a side as I can remember seeing their management seem over the moon with that

I agree. Their finishing in particular is going to let them down this season and result in a lot of dropped points.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fair result but frustrating so many players weren't at the races today as that was a very winnable game. Hopefully won't cost us over the course of the season.

PVA

Godden looked absolutely shattered towards the end, should have bought Baka on especially as we were going a bit more direct.

Would have taken a point beforehand, happy enough with 4 points from 3 games.

Johnnythespider

A tired performance, decent point from that game, don't think we had a chance after the header in the first half.

Covstu

I would have taken a point today, fair result. Both teams lacking that cutting edge to open up defences. We lacked creativity today I thought but can’t win them all. Happy with the point

stay_up_skyblues

Flatter than a witch’s tit that game. Cancelled each other out.

Defence and Hamer did well. God, O’Hare and Allen looked a yard off the pace and were running through treacle (God in particular). Dabo looked knackered and hardly got forward. Fadz MOM.

Take a point and move on.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

TBF the Barnsley poster totally called this game. They’ve shutdown teams but struggle to score. I think it’s a great point. Win at home, then a point on the road.

Advanced apologies for the positivity.

I've said before ignore opposition fans opinions at your peril. There are some dog shit opinions about but also some very good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread