Barnsley (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

I understand Barnsley haven't beaten us in Coventry for over 90years. Perhaps it's because I'm a sky blue fan but that fact worries rather than comforts me. We shouldn't lose, haven't lost for decades, they haven't kept a clean sheet for ages and can't buy a goal. All in all a comfortable home win. But we have supported the sky blues for too long to take anything for granted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

This should be a 5 or 6 nil drubbing, but going for a 2-0 win with Arma and JOB getting the goals

Warwickhunt

This is going to be one tough game unless we score an early goal which would be best all around for entertainment wise else it going to be pure shite i should imagine, i am not expecting anything like the scintillating match we had on Saturday

Warwickhunt

Anyone know how many weve sold
by the queue i was in yesterday it was taking 5 minutes a ticket so not as many as you would expect, hoping for a good walk up tonight though. I would love to see the gate get above 13K and an entertaining game to keep up the momentum

torchomatic

I predict massive queues as we struggle to cope when a few people turn up.

I'm sure they're already busy closing turnstiles in readiness for the big night.

ready_96

Before they have just opened two or three blocks extra next to the new family zone. I'd like to see them fully open up the corner near the away end as well

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

Can't wait to hear all those attending their first game berate Murphy and then shut up when he creates a goal.

Or criticise Martin for clearing the ball from danger, rather than taking on their centre forward.

Or, final prediction, demand Stokes be taken off because their right winger has managed to cross a ball (ignoring the fact he is constantly left exposed).

I really enjoy loud, ignorant and idiotic fans.

wingy

Interesting to Nothing the Barnsley blurb that James Bailey Is now a Pune City player In the Indian Super League, managed by David Platter and Playing alongside Adrian Mutu and Didier Zokora.

smileycov

Facebook User
Can't wait to hear all those attending their first game berate Murphy and then shut up when he creates a goal.

Or criticise Martin for clearing the ball from danger, rather than taking on their centre forward.

Or, final prediction, demand Stokes be taken off because their right winger has managed to cross a ball (ignoring the fact he is constantly left exposed).

I really enjoy loud, ignorant and idiotic fans.

My first home game this season been 3 times away. Looking forward to feeling the love amongst my fellow fans as usual!!

bawtryneal

Excited about tonight but also nervous. The old sky blues would lose this one........what will TMs Sky blues do.

tom88

Mr Johnstone thinks were vulnerable at the back
Let's shut him up.

We are. If Peterborough had Armstrong Saturday we would have lost I think.

There more vulnerable going forward than we are at the back. We kept 4 clean sheets on the bounce until the last 2 games.

that is a pathetic attempt of mind games and will be sacked come 10:30pm tonight

WhiteyBFC

We're at the lowest point that I've experienced in my 33 years. It's torrid. However, I still look at our strongest XI and see it as more than a match for the vast majority of clubs in this division, including Coventry. But we're without Hourihane and Watkins who are massive for us and the others we look to as key players are struggling for form.

But we've not looked like getting smashed by anyone. We've been in every one of those defeats, in fact we should have won a couple of them but were mugged late on with Crewe and Donny scoring with practically their only shots at goal.

We're on one of those runs. Where everything goes against you. I'm sure you'll have experienced a few in recent years. Just need a goal and then a result to snap out of it.

All that said, I'd be bloody daft not to see you as huge favourites tonight and I'm expecting a defeat.

Don't expect more than a couple of hundred of our fans either. Sad really. At the start of this worst run in two decades we were top of the away average attendances with over 1,600. That's no longer the case. And we're taking close to 2,000 to Altrincham in the FA Cup on Saturday instead. More chance of seeing a win? No. Just another ground to tick off.

Good luck, not that you need it. Mowbray is a great bloke, I will always love JOB (really good lad, not a bad footballer at this level either) and you're probably due a decent year or two after some tripe recently. Could say the same for us. Oh for this being a Premier League fixture once again. Haha.

junglej13

We're at the lowest point that I've experienced in my 33 years. It's torrid. However, I still look at our strongest XI and see it as more than a match for the vast majority of clubs in this division, including Coventry. But we're without Hourihane and Watkins who are massive for us and the others we look to as key players are struggling for form.

But we've not looked like getting smashed by anyone. We've been in every one of those defeats, in fact we should have won a couple of them but were mugged late on with Crewe and Donny scoring with practically their only shots at goal.

We're on one of those runs. Where everything goes against you. I'm sure you'll have experienced a few in recent years. Just need a goal and then a result to snap out of it.

All that said, I'd be bloody daft not to see you as huge favourites tonight and I'm expecting a defeat.

Don't expect more than a couple of hundred of our fans either. Sad really. At the start of this worst run in two decades we were top of the away average attendances with over 1,600. That's no longer the case. And we're taking close to 2,000 to Altrincham in the FA Cup on Saturday instead. More chance of seeing a win? No. Just another ground to tick off.

Good luck, not that you need it. Mowbray is a great bloke, I will always love JOB (really good lad, not a bad footballer at this level either) and you're probably due a decent year or two after some tripe recently. Could say the same for us. Oh for this being a Premier League fixture once again. Haha.

Barnsley were one of my tips for the top 6 this season. Good club and some good fans. Why did Crowley go back to Arsenal? Also how has Michael Smith been doing? Would have loved him leading the line here.

Astute

Good luck after tonight. Got a few mates in Barnsley. Had a laugh at games at your place. Good set of supporters.

Tripe recently? How many years do you call recently?

lifeskyblue

Just setting yourself off from Leicester when son started throwing up. Got half mile down road and had to turn back. Wife gone out so we staying home. Nooooooo. Hope we continue good form and results. Give the team and extra cheer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Coventry City: Charles-Cook, Phillips, Martin, Ricketts, Stokes, Kent, Vincelot, Fleck, O'Brien, Cole, Armstrong.

Subs: Burge, Haynes, C Thomas, Lameiras, Murphy, Fortune, Tudgay.

Barnsley: Davies, Wabara, Smith, Mawson, Nyatanga, Roberts, Scowen, Isgrove, Pearson, Winnall, Smith.

Subs: Townsend, Wilkinson, Jackson, Bree, Abbott, Maris, Templeton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread