Match Thread Barnsley (H) (2 Viewers)

Covcraig@bury

There’s two types of people I don’t like very much. Those that brag about how much they earn and those who brag about their semi-pro football ‘career’. Those types of people are complete bellends. Congratulations
I take it your jealous and pissed off with your lot , which is understandable. If you work hard at something your good at you will be rewarded. Unfortunately your a born loser and there’s nothing down for you .

Brighton Sky Blue

Is that a good standard? I’m not from round Cov.

It's years since he played for them at junior level, don't know how good they are now. A chap in my year at school did go on to play for Leamington though, got a move to Solihull Moors then went back down a league to Leam. Made his name on the internet with some stupendous long range goals

shepardo01

Is that a good standard? I’m not from round Cov.
Southam play at step 7 of non league.
Two divisions below the Midland Premier which contains Cov Sphinx and Cov United.
When you say step seven, I'm presuming you mean step 3 of non league - ithsmian prem/ northern prem?

Gibbo

It's always nice to see ..if we can get a 2 or 3 players with real quality next season I'm hoping we can have a far more comfortable go at this league
Needs more than two or three even if you discount the returned loanees

higgs

We play the way we play come what may, we need different tactics against teams that set up the way you did today. But instead we continued to hit it long despite the fact we knew from the off Robins was never going to try to play football against us, we failed tactically today through stubbornness and arrogance.
Best of luck in the playoffs Barnsley would be nice to see ye back in the premier league gives us all a bit of hope

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Greggs

It's years since he played for them at junior level, don't know how good they are now. A chap in my year at school did go on to play for Leamington though, got a move to Solihull Moors then went back down a league to Leam. Made his name on the internet with some stupendous long range goals
mmmmm i love a bit of SLRG

Evo1883

when I lived in cov 30 years ago I played for limetree park . Tile hill social . Woodlands . Hawthorn . FCO. Phantom coach . Massey Ferguson. AFL . Black prince .
Nah fuck off Craig don't try and claim a tile hill past ...we don't remember you or want you

procdoc

It’s beyond parody - “I’m a semi pro and here’s the shite pub teams I played for” it’s Gareth Keenan
I’d have respected him slightly more if he said Copeswood, Alvis, Sphinx etc. Instead he names a load of Cov Alliance teams hahahaha

Evo1883

It's frankly embarrassing now ... alot of people played football at a decent level .

Just recently I played intermediate 7 with the rose and crown .

Brighton Sky Blue

My son played left back for them at 17 left due to the clique, really was a horrible club.
Put him off football for years.

My brother played for them until 13, then moved (to Stratford Town I think?) before quitting football for rugby at 16. Came up against Cyrus Christie quite a few times who was playing rugby for Woodlands around then.

Evo1883

My son played left back for them at 17 left due to the clique, really was a horrible club.
Put him off football for years.

Nothing worse than cliques at footy clubs ...
Terry Angus got Coventry to have a look at me when I was 14 , and they played me right back for 15 minutes ..I was a 40 goal striker in the coventry minor leagues ...they already had the players they wanted basically

Was so upset

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing worse than cliques at footy clubs ...
Terry Angus got Coventry to have a look at me when I was 14 , and they played me right back for 15 minutes ..I was a 40 goal striker in the coventry minor leagues ...they already had the players they wanted basically

Was so upset

When mini BSB was racking the goals up for Southam both Birmingham and Cov sent scouts, he ended up doing a few training sessions with Cov then lost interest.

TomRad85

My brother played for them until 13, then moved (to Stratford Town I think?) before quitting football for rugby at 16. Came up against Cyrus Christie quite a few times who was playing rugby for Woodlands around then.
Bet your brother didn't realise how much of a superstar that makes him. I'm sure he'll be delighted to find out.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread