Match Thread Barnsley (H) (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Don't agree with that but he's had a few good games where he's been effective for sure.

His had about 5 good games - this is what I mean. Absurd hyperbole

Hobo

Good first half, played Barnsley at their own game pressing high. Mccallum has been excellent again.

And when we get the high press right we seem to be able to give anyone a tough game.

shmmeee

Don't agree with that but he's had a few good games where he's been effective for sure.

He suits the direct game as well. Probably the best we have at bringing down high balls and bringing others in, even if he does have a tendency of passing back to the back line after he’s won it.

Frostie

His had about 5 good games - this is what I mean. Absurd hyperbole

I'm agreeing with you...
I don't think he's good enough at this level either but can still accept that he's had some good games too.

Try it, it doesn't hurt I promise.

Magwitch1

It’s ugly as fuck for the second game in a row, but they’re showing so much fight that’s been missing at times this season.

Will be interesting to see how we set up next season if we survive. Do we add quality and go for good football again, or do we buy players to go more direct?
Can’t go good football on that pitch long ball and big boot I’m afraid, the pitch must be covered in divots

Hobo

To be fair to Da Costa he’s at least trying to keep focused on defending on holding position

He still looks a bit shaky at times but v Rotherham and today looks more focused and trying to get things right.

Users who are viewing this thread