Barnsley (away) match thread Tuesday 7.45pm (1 Viewer)

Otis

Can't see one anywhere. Nick too busy getting annoyed that ACL are getting called the council on another thread! ;)

Anyway, we dare not lose this one. Going to be very, very tough. Last 10 match form table, Barnsley are top.

I know some people will say it's a must win, but we need to be realistic. Barnsley have won 9 out of 11 and are the form team, along with Wigan. I would say a draw would be an excellent results for us.

What we need to do is to pick up something tomorrow and then go all out for 3 points against Rochdale on Saturday.

I never predict City to lose, but I think it might well be a 0-2 scoreline.

torchomatic

It will be tough but as Mowbray said we have to be careful not to blow things out of proportion. A draw or a win should see us OK.

Nick

Administrator
Cheers! I keep forgetting to update the Calendar, it is a pain in the arse to update and takes ages. There's no way to just do a bulk import :(

I'd be happy with a point, a win would be fantastic!

Paxman II

Tbh a draw would be a decent result. Do players like Arma and Madison and Cole have such an ineffectual performance twice in a row? Likely not so I am expecting a reaction from our players all round and a result.

There will be some interesting results elsewhere tonight too. Just got a feeling we will win for some reason as players go out not to be beat tonight after that horror at the Ricoh.
It's certainly interesting tonight. Play well and lose and I'll be OK with that knowing the games we have coming, but perform badly again and the stick given out on here may be a little more justified.

I'm sticking my neck out 1-2 to City.

lifeskyblue

A draw would be an excellent result but I just can't see it. Can see us shipping a couple of goals but fail to see us scoring more than one. Hope I'm wrong but Barnsley are the form team. The one thing in our favour is that realistically we are not predicting a favourable result and as we all know football is 'a funny old game'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicksig

Just when we think we are heading for automatic promotion we blow it and lose to one of the worst teams in the division. This is City all over. But they also have a habit of playing well against decent sides. I'm going for a tight 1 nil win. This season is full of surprises and TM will be looking for a response to that awful display on Saturday

Otis

Tbh a draw would be a decent result. Do players like Arma and Madison and Cole have such an ineffectual performance twice in a row? Likely not so I am expecting a reaction from our players all round and a result.

There will be some interesting results elsewhere tonight too. Just got a feeling we will win for some reason as players go out not to be beat tonight after that horror at the Ricoh.
It's certainly interesting tonight. Play well and lose and I'll be OK with that knowing the games we have coming, but perform badly again and the stick given out on here may be a little more justified.

I'm sticking my neck out 1-2 to City.
Tonight? Tomorrow, pax.

A draw would be absolutely fine. Draw tomorrow and beat Rochdale and we can get back on track. Tall order though.

Do we try and set up more defensively and hit them on the break, or do we throw a curve ball and throw the likes of Henderson into the fray, that would change the shape entirely?

We need to do something different.

I would bring Rose in and I would be inclined to use Henderson. Either Henderson or Tudgay.

Instead of Armstrong being the out and out striker with someone just behind, why not reverse that and have Armstrong just behind Tudgay or Henderson? Armstrong for one is a much better tackler than Murphy or Madison any day of the week.

If it were me I would rest Ricketts and play Lorentzson too.

Covcraig@bury

There's no 2 ways about it .we need 3 points and 3 points Saturday , it's starting to get very tight at the top of the league and we need that points advantage as a cushion !!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we may lose 2v0 but I am still thinking of driving up after work tomorrow

tom88

I would play same team again to redeem themselves also.

I can see a 2-1 victory our record against Barnsley is very good

chiefdave

We need a point from this as a minimum. Hope we see a big reaction from the players, if we don't then I'm not sure what the solution is. We don't have the depth in the squad to make wholesale changes.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Driving up from Somerset for this one i reckon 3-2 to us !!!

Johnnythespider

With the form Barnsley are in a win would certainly make up for Saturdays result, however I would snatch your hand off for a point right now.

P.S I would like to see rose start along with Tudgay
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

I'd travel anywhere to see my SKYBLUES it's in the blood

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I would imagine it will be the same 18 man squad minus Cole who will be replaced by Stevenson or Hunt (anyone know why he's not been in a squad since extending his contract?)

Be interesting to see how many changes are made I would guess at 3.....

stupot07

I would imagine it will be the same 18 man squad minus Cole who will be replaced by Stevenson or Hunt (anyone know why he's not been in a squad since extending his contract?)

Be interesting to see how many changes are made I would guess at 3.....

He also hasn't played in the last couple of u21's games either, in fact looking back at the thread he's not featured in any of the February u21 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread