Barnsley (away) match thread Tuesday 7.45pm (3 Viewers)

Nathccfc

Don't know why anyone was expecting anything but a loss tonight, judging by the form book they were bound to do one over on us, we never upset the form book, never.

Nathccfc

I'm not too surprised that we are losing tbh, but I have to admit I'm surprised we are still in the playoffs, just puts into perspective really how far ahead we must have been at the start!

jimchin

It's pretty drastic when you can't raise a team after losing at home to bloody Fleetwood...not good enough, not good enough at all....something is amiss in that team, there are some good players.....JOB going was plain weird ( yes I think he should probably grow a pair, 'I don't like hotels' bollocks etc) but letting him go signaled something was up

D

Deleted member 4439

Common themes on here tonight (other than Ricketts not being up to it):

Can't string passes together/lose possession easy.
Want to walk it into the net.

Either the players aren't capable, or it's tactics and training.

covhead1

Very poor performance (again). Its going to be hard to turn this around for tm but feck i hope he does.

Gazolba

Southend equalise vs Crewe in injury time.

chiefdave

Bad loss but people saying playoffs over?????????????? we are 6th as it stands??????????

21st Nov
1. Cov 37pts
2. Gills 34
3. Walsall 33
4. Wigan 33
5. Burton 32
6. Bury 30

Tonight
1. Burton 67
2. Wigan 63
3. Walsall 59
4. Gills 58
5. Millwall 55
6. Cov 52

We were 7 points ahead of 6th we're now 15 points behind 1st.
The teams in 7th, 8th and 9th can overtake us with one win.

Gazolba

I would not write-off our play-off hopes completely just yet but it certainly looks like the automatic promotion places are beyond reach with Burton and Wigan hot favourites. If we do drop out of the top six, it will be very difficult to claw our way back.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bet there are similar meltdowns on Sheff Utd, Gillingham, Peterboro (looked like Brazil against West Brom - now lost 5 in a row?)Bradford and Southend threads tonight.

Let's all have a sulk together:facepalm:

Win the next game and we're off again.... (Mr Optimist:D)

chiefdave

I would not write-off our play-off hopes completely just yet but it certainly looks like the automatic promotion places are beyond reach with Burton and Wigan hot favourites. If we do drop out of the top six, it will be very difficult to claw our way back.

Of course we shouldn't write them off, we are still in 6th. But it now seems week after week where we are saying we must win the next match to get things back on track and we don't. We're been really lucky with other results but the gap has been getting smaller and smaller.

Littlewood CCFC

3 wins in 15 matches.

That makes sense unfortunately. Realism kicking in, that's all.

Yes but again why does that mean the playoffs are over? Our fans are so suicidal when we go on a bad run haha, mind you after supporting the club for 20 years i can understand why :\

lifeskyblue

3 wins in 15 matches.

That makes sense unfortunately. Realism kicking in, that's all.

I hate to agree with you on this but unfortunately I do. It's not the results but the performances. It's that lack of passion on the pitch and in the management. Where is the pride in the shirt. Where is the spirit we had in the opening months. When we were two nil down and being outplayed by Peterborough we changed the game by taking the fight to them. Last two games totally lacklustre. Can't believe it's the same bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Bet there are similar meltdowns on Sheff Utd, Gillingham, Peterboro (looked like Brazil against West Brom - now lost 5 in a row?)Bradford and Southend threads tonight.

This is Coventry City though, Harry. We don't do play-offs and we do, do after Christmas slumps.

All those clubs above have done play-offs and been promoted.

Even if they are down they must believe they will bounce back.

City seemingly don't do bounce backs either.

ccfc92

Did anyone truly believe it was our season?

I have had a small bit of hope, but I didn't truly believe we'd win the league or go up. It just doesn't happen to us.

Next season will be interesting, building a squad from scratch, possibly minus TM and Venus.

Otis

As just summed up on Sky Sports.

'Coventry in dreadful form are clinging on to that last top 6 place.'

lifeskyblue

I have had a small bit of hope, but I didn't truly believe we'd win the league or go up. It just doesn't happen to us.

Next season will be interesting, building a squad from scratch, possibly minus TM and Venus.

At the start I didn't. But in November when we were top playing some lovely football then not only did I dream of promotion but yes I actually believed we were good enough for the playoffs and even thought autos looked a reasonable bet

covcity4life

Right there with you bro!

stevefloyd

After being starved of success for so many years any glint of hope esculates into we will be champions and get carried along on the wave until the tide turns...seemingly another false dawn is on the cards but old fat woman has sang yet

Otis

Yes, I believed it. At one point we were 11 points clear of 7th place. ELEVEN points!

It's been an unbelievable fall from grace.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I believed it. We were playing wonderful football. This current form is so bad it matches the worst performances under Pressley, and he had a lot to contend with off the pitch.

Paxman II

I hate to agree with you on this but unfortunately I do. It's not the results but the performances. It's that lack of passion on the pitch and in the management. Where is the pride in the shirt. Where is the spirit we had in the opening months. When we were two nil down and being outplayed by Peterborough we changed the game by taking the fight to them. Last two games totally lacklustre. Can't believe it's the same bunch

I'm waiting for the pessimism now with outrageous statements that TM is no good etc etc. This happens in football nothing to do with our history. Conventional wisdom suggest our form will improve just in time as other results have gone our way recently which keeps us in the hunt. TM must galvanize them now quickly starting Saturday and he thankfully is the experience we need to get through this and pick it up again. Form might be poor but that is due a change.

ccfc92

It's just so frustrating.

The personnel change from November to now is staggering. I do believe this is the issue.

The defence I accept, as we needed new CB's.

But players like Hunt have just been a waste of wages.

Gazolba

As just summed up on Sky Sports.

'Coventry in dreadful form are clinging on to that last top 6 place.'

It's like those cartoons where a person is clinging to a rope overhanging a cliff and the rope strands are fraying one by one.

Ian1779

It's done now. We somehow are still in top 6 with a better GD than others around. We have 3 winnable games on paper to follow - but on paper means nothing. These players need to show some of the desire and commitment from the first half of the season.

Did we honestly expect it would be an easy ride?? We're CCFC for fucks sake.

Users who are viewing this thread