Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Ball 13 in F.A cup

So was Coventry the capitol
It was the CAPITAL

 
To be fair to 'most' Wrexham fans, I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on some of the 'hottest' takes on our forum from our fans. I have mates who would say 'I fancy our chances' if we drew City at the Etihad. It will be a good day out for them. It's well priced and I hope that a few more City fans than it sounds get behind the boys for this. I've never understood the mentality of going to every (or a high % of league games) to just not bother with a cup game. It's still watching City.
 
To be fair to 'most' Wrexham fans, I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on some of the 'hottest' takes on our forum from our fans. I have mates who would say 'I fancy our chances' if we drew City at the Etihad. It will be a good day out for them. It's well priced and I hope that a few more City fans than it sounds get behind the boys for this. I've never understood the mentality of going to every (or a high % of league games) to just not bother with a cup game. It's still watching City.
Yeah can’t workout why people wouldn’t want to watch our second 11 vs a non league team on a freezing cold January night. I’m still going though 😂
 
To be fair to 'most' Wrexham fans, I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on some of the 'hottest' takes on our forum from our fans. I have mates who would say 'I fancy our chances' if we drew City at the Etihad. It will be a good day out for them. It's well priced and I hope that a few more City fans than it sounds get behind the boys for this. I've never understood the mentality of going to every (or a high % of league games) to just not bother with a cup game. It's still watching City.
Agree, it's a Saturday and built into the footballing calender I.e. dont go and there is no football that week. It's a winnable game and if our support turned out, with 4000 Wrexham it would be a great atmosphere under the lights. It's about £20 cheaper than a CAT A game so well priced. Why would anyone who normally goes and supports the club each weekend not go?

Just because there is an apathy around some clubs and the cup who's fan bases invariably go from flaccid to ridged at the first sign of a glamour tie. That's not universal and we should show MR and the players we are invested in the competition as Man Utd etc. Home or away in the next round is worth so much that we could almost make a decent loan signing on the back of the revenue it would generate.
 
Last edited:
Hospitality tickets for £25 are brilliant value.

Boxes are only £300 as well.
 
To be fair to 'most' Wrexham fans, I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on some of the 'hottest' takes on our forum from our fans. I have mates who would say 'I fancy our chances' if we drew City at the Etihad. It will be a good day out for them. It's well priced and I hope that a few more City fans than it sounds get behind the boys for this. I've never understood the mentality of going to every (or a high % of league games) to just not bother with a cup game. It's still watching City.
Funny years ago a third round FA Cup home game would be one of the biggest gates of the season and lower league clubs would bring thousands.
I remember us playing Grimsby I think it was third round who brought thousands filled the old Spion Kop end to end and loads in the West End
 
Funny years ago a third round FA Cup home game would be one of the biggest gates of the season and lower league clubs would bring thousands.
I remember us playing Grimsby I think it was third round who brought thousands filled the old Spion Kop end to end and loads in the West End
I think the gate that day was 38 000. Grimsby managed by Lawrie McMenemy were on the up. We beat them 1-0 with a last minute Coop penalty if I remember correctly.
 
Agree, it's a Saturday and built into the footballing calender I.e. dont go and there is no football that week. It's a winnable game and if our support turned out, with 4000 Wrexham it would be a great atmosphere under the lights. It's about £20 cheaper than a CAT A game so well priced. Why would anyone who normally goes and supports the club each weekend not go?

Just because there is an apathy around some clubs and the cup who's fan bases invariably go from flaccid to ridged at the first sign of a glamour tie. That's not universal and we should show MR and the players we are invested in the competition as Man Utd etc. Home or away in the next round is worth so much that we could almost make a decent loan signing on the back of the revenue it would generate.

Cant remember the last cup match I went to to be honest - won’t be bothering for this either - just has no appeal
 
It was the CAPITAL

Yes Capital. Put it down to living in Leicester for a while
 
I think the gate that day was 38 000. Grimsby managed by Lawrie McMenemy were on the up. We beat them 1-0 with a last minute Coop penalty if I remember correctly.
I was on the kop. I always thought of that penalty as 86 minute for some reason. Haven’t checked. That was the first penalty I remember Coop taking.
 
Just looked it up. The goal was Coop’s first for the club and was scored in the 86th minute. There were 10 000 Grimsby fans there.
 
Will Deadpool be there next to Mike Ashley I wonder...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
 
Cant remember the last cup match I went to to be honest - won’t be bothering for this either - just has no appeal
Each to their own Grendel and I suspect you will not be alone. What are you likely to be doing that has 'more appeal' over supporting the club that weekend? If you can't think of anything, may be attend, been some great cup games down the years.
 
Wrexham sold the 4500 allocation given.
It will be interesting to see how many of our season ticket holders took there seats before general sale tomorrow.
 
I remember us playing Grimsby I think it was third round who brought thousands filled the old Spion Kop end to end and loads in the West End
Loads of inflatable 'Harry the Haddocks' iirc
 
So today was the last day for ST holders to reserve their seat. It looks like not many did, less than 500 I would imagine.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 13.09.19.webp
    Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 13.09.19.webp
    476.1 KB · Views: 11
Isn't it on S4C, so possibly available via iplayer?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom