Ball 13 in F.A cup (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

So was Coventry the capitol
It was the CAPITAL

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

To be fair to 'most' Wrexham fans, I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on some of the 'hottest' takes on our forum from our fans. I have mates who would say 'I fancy our chances' if we drew City at the Etihad. It will be a good day out for them. It's well priced and I hope that a few more City fans than it sounds get behind the boys for this. I've never understood the mentality of going to every (or a high % of league games) to just not bother with a cup game. It's still watching City.

CV22SBA

To be fair to 'most' Wrexham fans, I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on some of the 'hottest' takes on our forum from our fans. I have mates who would say 'I fancy our chances' if we drew City at the Etihad. It will be a good day out for them. It's well priced and I hope that a few more City fans than it sounds get behind the boys for this. I've never understood the mentality of going to every (or a high % of league games) to just not bother with a cup game. It's still watching City.
Yeah can’t workout why people wouldn’t want to watch our second 11 vs a non league team on a freezing cold January night. I’m still going though 😂

ccfc1234

Agree, it's a Saturday and built into the footballing calender I.e. dont go and there is no football that week. It's a winnable game and if our support turned out, with 4000 Wrexham it would be a great atmosphere under the lights. It's about £20 cheaper than a CAT A game so well priced. Why would anyone who normally goes and supports the club each weekend not go?

Just because there is an apathy around some clubs and the cup who's fan bases invariably go from flaccid to ridged at the first sign of a glamour tie. That's not universal and we should show MR and the players we are invested in the competition as Man Utd etc. Home or away in the next round is worth so much that we could almost make a decent loan signing on the back of the revenue it would generate.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Hospitality tickets for £25 are brilliant value.

Boxes are only £300 as well.

slowpoke

Funny years ago a third round FA Cup home game would be one of the biggest gates of the season and lower league clubs would bring thousands.
I remember us playing Grimsby I think it was third round who brought thousands filled the old Spion Kop end to end and loads in the West End

Irish Sky Blue

Funny years ago a third round FA Cup home game would be one of the biggest gates of the season and lower league clubs would bring thousands.
I remember us playing Grimsby I think it was third round who brought thousands filled the old Spion Kop end to end and loads in the West End
I think the gate that day was 38 000. Grimsby managed by Lawrie McMenemy were on the up. We beat them 1-0 with a last minute Coop penalty if I remember correctly.

Grendel

Agree, it's a Saturday and built into the footballing calender I.e. dont go and there is no football that week. It's a winnable game and if our support turned out, with 4000 Wrexham it would be a great atmosphere under the lights. It's about £20 cheaper than a CAT A game so well priced. Why would anyone who normally goes and supports the club each weekend not go?

Just because there is an apathy around some clubs and the cup who's fan bases invariably go from flaccid to ridged at the first sign of a glamour tie. That's not universal and we should show MR and the players we are invested in the competition as Man Utd etc. Home or away in the next round is worth so much that we could almost make a decent loan signing on the back of the revenue it would generate.

Cant remember the last cup match I went to to be honest - won’t be bothering for this either - just has no appeal

blunted

It was the CAPITAL

Yes Capital. Put it down to living in Leicester for a while

Johhny Blue

I think the gate that day was 38 000. Grimsby managed by Lawrie McMenemy were on the up. We beat them 1-0 with a last minute Coop penalty if I remember correctly.
I was on the kop. I always thought of that penalty as 86 minute for some reason. Haven’t checked. That was the first penalty I remember Coop taking.

ccfc1234

Cant remember the last cup match I went to to be honest - won’t be bothering for this either - just has no appeal
Each to their own Grendel and I suspect you will not be alone. What are you likely to be doing that has 'more appeal' over supporting the club that weekend? If you can't think of anything, may be attend, been some great cup games down the years.

CV22SBA

Wrexham sold the 4500 allocation given.
It will be interesting to see how many of our season ticket holders took there seats before general sale tomorrow.

CV22SBA

So today was the last day for ST holders to reserve their seat. It looks like not many did, less than 500 I would imagine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 13.09.19.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 13.09.19.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread