Transfer Rumour Baker (1 Viewer)

Otis

That is strange, I saw Sylvester McCoy's tadger on stage at the Belgrade Theatre, in a play about a vasectomy clinic
Well hopefully the trend will continue and Jodie Whittaker will get her kit off to distract a Dalek guard in the new series.

Could do a dance of the seven scarves

oucho

That is strange, I saw Sylvester McCoy's tadger on stage at the Belgrade Theatre, in a play about a vasectomy clinic
Fucking hell that sounds like a shit play.

pusbccfc

Robins sounded like he is very interested in Baker.

chiefdave

Robins sounded like he is very interested in Baker.
Not surprised. He's said he was set to come in over the summer until he got he offer from India. Given he's had a payout and been injured we can probably get him for less than before or even a pay as you play deal.

mrtrench

Said he was back in training (with us it seems) and fits the type of player he wants.

He did sound as if he wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think he said that exactly. More that he'd spoken to Baker about the kind of player he wanted and if he fits the bill he would consider it.

covross

Am I missing something here? Every media outlet making out baker is the second coming of Christ. An average player that is well past his best. Free up the wages for a younger, hungrier midfielder. If we resign him and he bangs in 10 goals feel free to bump this message but for me move on.

Adge

If he is fit we could maybe give him something till the end of the season? Don’t think Baker would would fall into the Stephen Hunt/Darius Henderson hall of fame it it was something like that.

steve82

Where do people wish to see him play tho if he was given a contract and a place in the side?

MR said he's a different player now to the one before so you'd think he's suggesting a deeper role alongside Doyle.

We have Kelly to come back for that role and Bayliss showing potential to grow in that role too with a disappointing Stevenson too and Maycock just extending his deal.

Is Baker worth taking still, even if it means holding back bayliss and keeping the trusted Kelly Doyle partnership apart?

pusbccfc

He didn’t say that I don’t think - he said he’s explained to baker the type of player he needs.

Yeah, you're right, I misheard it. This is what he said, according to the Telegraph:

“I have been honest with him, we need a certain type of player and if he falls into the category that we need down the line then that might be a bridge we cross then, but I am quite happy to help him get back to fitness.

Great_Expectations

Assuming he’d play on the wing, would anyone really choose DKE, Shipley or even Vincenti over him? He played 45 times last year for a team who were promoted from the league we are currently in and from his previous spell with us, he does have ability.

Yes he can be frustrating, but at least he does have the potential to change a game. On top of that, it’s likely his last 6-18 months in football, so surely he’ll want to go out on a high and playing for a team he clearly has an affinity with, will add to his motivation even more.

Plus, he’s an experienced head in an increasingly young and inexperienced team.

As long as wages are not ridiculous, and his fitness is back, it’s a no brainer for me.

Great_Expectations

would put him behind shipley
maybe ahead of dke - who was shown to be out of his depth last night

I like Shipley, but he isn’t a wide player, whereas Baker has played there a lot throughout his career - that’s my only reason for elevating Baker over Shipley in a wide position.

chiefdave

Is Baker worth taking still,
Depends what he wants. Wouldn't want to be spending lots on him as that could be better used elsewhere.

Given that he's been injured I'd offer him a low basic and then pay per appearance or something like that.

steve82

Depends what he wants. Wouldn't want to be spending lots on him as that could be better used elsewhere.

Given that he's been injured I'd offer him a low basic and then pay per appearance or something like that.

I can see the benefits of signing him if shown fit, and a sensible package can be achieved which I suspect it would after his latest pay day and the stage of his career he's at.

The only issue i have is where he's best suited to play now. Kenny Jacket suggested in the summer he suits a central role now in maybe the 10 or deeper and Mark Robins seems to of echoed tho's thoughts in the brief things he's said.

He ticks many boxes to help the squad but there remains a growing number of negatives as he gets older.

Could be a late decision in January made on him I suspect depending how January pans out

mrtrench

He ticks many boxes to help the squad but there remains a growing number of negatives as he gets older.

Baker, like some elements, accumulates negatively charged ions over time and thus becomes increasingly radioactive. So whilst he is past his half life, the radioactivity will give him super powers.
I have just one doubt. It's now over 30 years since Chernobyl - but still no super heroes. :(

Otis

Baker, like some elements, accumulates negatively charged ions over time and thus becomes increasingly radioactive. So whilst he is past his half life, the radioactivity will give him super powers.
I have just one doubt. It's now over 30 years since Chernobyl - but still no super heroes. :(
He must be Bakerman!

They even wrote a song about him. 'Patter cake, patter cake, Bakerman.'

Captain Dart

He must be Bakerman!

They even wrote a song about him. 'Patter cake, patter cake, Bakerman.'

Are you sure he isn't Bakelite.

Captain Dart

Meanwhile ....

oucho

So do we reckon he's going to sign or not?

mechaishida

Robins this week: 'We are very close to signing two players.'

Saturday: Baker and McSheffery both turn up at the Ricoh.

You know it's happening. Don't try and pretend for another minute you motherfuckers.

It's like an evil, reverse Christmas present for a City fan...if we all sing Silent Night with gusto, maybe God will have mercy on us.

Next we'll hear of Kevin Kyle returning to football and appearing as a temporary bog cleaner at the Ricoh till he gets fit.

Users who are viewing this thread