Transfer Rumour Baker (1 Viewer)

Malaka

Got injured in India and has had his contract bought out. Having rehab in Coventry and is highly likely to sign

Captain Dart

Got injured in India and has had his contract bought out. Having rehab in Coventry and is highly likely to sign

Is it sign a crock month yet?

skybluesam66

Not what we need
we need pace and power

Baker has never been able to defend, so cant use him to sit back - so move on

Malaka

Has it now been cancelled? Knew he was injured.
The Indian league can only sign so many players. His injury took him up to th end of the season, so they bought out his contract so they could sign someone else.
I have it on good authority, he is interested in coming back

stupot07

The Indian league can only sign so many players. His injury took him up to th end of the season, so they bought out his contract so they could sign someone else.
When will he be fit?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I bet he is. Who else would want him!

Hobo

As a steward. He loves to banter with our fans.

Liquid Gold

Baker had his chance in the summer and chose to go to India, unless he's prepared to play for very little money then I'd be telling him to do one.

Mcsheffrey has to be a joke, he's unable to get a contract at conference level. It probably only started because he was at the Ricoh for CWR yesterday.

covcity4life

Fine by me. Even if hr hasnt got the legs he could do a job in the number 10 slot for final 20 mins when we need a goal

Warwickhunt

If his contract is paid up then signing him as a backup and more for a coaching role to help the youngsters is what we should be thinking about. His infinity with the club and experience will be invaluable used sparingly he will be worth quite a few points in a season.

steve82

Surely he could sign up for free and just receive a bonus, after all he's been paid for the season anyway.

But only if January goes completely wrong should we consider this, tho he could be more useful in a coaching capacity helping advise the kids breaking through

Irish Sky Blue

I bet he is. Who else would want him!
Last season played 45 games for Portsmouth scoring 9 goals with no doubt lots of assists. Why would you not want a player with stats like these? Why would we just want him in a coaching role? If he still has the legs ( which he had last season) then he is obviously better than what we have got.

Captain Dart

Very conflicted about this, he is no more than a stop gap solution to losing Andreau, maybe worth a short term deal till the end of season but only if he can prove his fitness.

Having said that allowing him to train at Ryton at his own risk may be something both parties could accept.

Last edited:

Otis

I’d take Baker. Stick him in the number 10 slot, get some pace to play alongside him and I reckon he’d do alright at this level.
Yeah, agree. Not a massive fan, but at this level you would think he would do a job and he does score from midfield, something we have sadly lacked.

Hobo

Last season played 45 games for Portsmouth scoring 9 goals with no doubt lots of assists. Why would you not want a player with stats like these? Why would we just want him in a coaching role? If he still has the legs ( which he had last season) then he is obviously better than what we have got.

I am more interested in this season. Injured pre season, hasn't played at all and paid off, why? Because he is nowhere near match fitness.

fernandopartridge

Apparently he’s been let go as he’s injury will keep him out for the season. Which means until March IIRC. Free agent on a pay as you play deal could work at the end of the season for a playoff push and for the playoffs but unless his injury isn’t as bad as first thought can’t see there being any chance of him signing soon.

ISL 2017: ATK looking for Carl Baker’s replacement | Goal.com
Looking at his Twitter he's been wearing a protective boot, so he's got a long way back. That said I think he looks after himself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

The Sourav Ganguly co-owned outfit have several injured players on their roster namely Robbie Keane, Jayesh Rane, Ashutosh Mehta, Anwar Ali, Nallapan Mohanraj and Carl Baker.

Robbie Keane !

Adge

Can't believe the Mcsheffrey love in over the years. Must have bought pints for a few people up the Colly once upon a time.
Couldn't do it in L1 last time he was here and has bumbled around a few clubs who were mugs to offer him deals.

Polar

If Baker could get fit, I think he would still be great at this level.

He has played with several of our current squad before, and knows the managers tactics already. He had a great few months under Robins, getting forward and scoring goals last time (although I need to keep reminding myself this was 5 years ago). Looking at him and Doyle at Pompey would be a better proxy.

It really needs to be now though... March would be too late wouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread