Baker vs Pressley (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

"Ohhhh that's a shame for SP "

SlowerThanPlatt

Lawton commenting too. I believe SP was a big reason as to why Gregor Rioch moved on.

I got told by an U18 players dad at the time that Pressley hated the fact that Gregor got a lot of credit for the young players that were in the team. He also wouldn't let the the U18s train with the first team at all and isolated them with the bomb squad (which probably goes to explaining why Lawton isn't the biggest fan of him).

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

Didn't he make the youth team clean the first teams boots or something

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MatthewWallis

I absolutely hated Pressley and everything he did, seeing his face still annoys me now

stupot07

What did they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

The U18s and the bomb squad were not allowed to use the training pitches as far as I know and had to go to local parks/pitches to train

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lawton commenting too. I believe SP was a big reason as to why Gregor Rioch moved on.

I got told by an U18 players dad at the time that Pressley hated the fact that Gregor got a lot of credit for the young players that were in the team. He also wouldn't let the the U18s train with the first team at all and isolated them with the bomb squad (which probably goes to explaining why Lawton isn't the biggest fan of him).

Gregor did tweet that the anchor had been lifted with regards to us after Pressley had been sacked which raised a few eyebrows on here at the time

Delboycov

I think SP was a massive egotistical fool who hadn't a clue how to man manage and alienated most of the players who played for him....but that is just my opinion though

dongonzalos

Someone in the running of the club told me getting rid of Baker was a purely footballing decision by SP.
I couldn't get my head around it, it had to be financial or personality.
If it was a footballing decision then it was an insane one as his performances for MK find in this division and the division above have shown.
Maybe it was just SP!!
Crazy decision

christonabike

When SP fell out with the majority of the squad and there was fisty cuffs in the changing room, Carl went to see him on the Monday (as a senior pro) and asked that they all sat down and sorted it. SP told him "fuck off and get out of my office". Next thing Baker was on his way out of the club.

simonregis

I know Rioch personally and that is the biggest load of bolox going. He left for personal reasons. I know this is a footie site and rumours are part of the picture but I hate it when 'men' make idle tittle tattle. There are a few on here that make Slack Alice look like a novice

Skyblueweeman

When SP fell out with the majority of the squad and there was fisty cuffs in the changing room, Carl went to see him on the Monday (as a senior pro) and asked that they all sat down and sorted it. SP told him "fuck off and get out of my office". Next thing Baker was on his way out of the club.

How do you know that? Wow.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I'd like to know how you know that as well? There was a lot said at the time around the Worcester game about dressing room bust ups with Reda & SP etc but I never felt we got the whole story from that.

Anyone ever get the inside track behind that and the famous rant afterwards (“some players will be GONE from this football club”)?

chiefdave

When he got the sack there were quite a few players who tweeted things that clearly showed there had been problems between SP and the players. Whatever you think of the standard of some of the players we had and if any of them should have been retained the treatment of them with the whole bomb squad thing was terrible.

Sky Blue Kid

TBH there's nothing new in youth team players cleaning first team players boots. It promotes respect for the position first teamers are in. Did it myself(Cleaned first teamers boots), and had my boots cleaned by youth teamers too.

Captain Dart

EGsW9wADAJEEpg

Fleetwood form SP since took over on game 12. Which was...

10 OCT
6516-3070.png

CoventrySky Bet League 1
Att. 3,864H0 - 1LSTATSREPORT

SlowerThanPlatt

I know Rioch personally and that is the biggest load of bolox going. He left for personal reasons. I know this is a footie site and rumours are part of the picture but I hate it when 'men' make idle tittle tattle. There are a few on here that make Slack Alice look like a novice

Well that's what I was told by an academy players dad at the time. Gregor always used to tweet about Pressley and when he was sacked he said the anchors been lifted now - hardly looks like footballing reasons alone. Steve Burroughs (head academy scout) and Lawton (U18 player at the time) also commented on Baker's status which suggests to me there was a major fallout.

torchomatic

Ah, my favourite Scottish team. Been to Starks' Park many times. Also used to love going to Ayr too.

Coventry Sporting Club, Ayr, Montrose, and Raith.

torchomatic

What did McDonald and Baker actually tweet?

dongonzalos

Ha ha that tells me all I need to know SP didn't rate Cody and Baker
SP and Grendal have the same football knowledge = zero

Users who are viewing this thread