Baker to Barnsley (1 Viewer)

junglej13

This may be covered on another thread but there were rumours from Barnsley supporters on twitter that Baker was at their game yesterday. A fanzine page is now speculating that he could be set sign for them tomorrow. I have heard a couple of our supporters say he was just on scouting mission for Pressley. Personally I think he has clearly been told he can go and will join a decent League 1 team before the season starts.

Kingokings204

Tbf the writings on the wall for CB and has been for a while. He is on borrowed time.

Sooner he leaves the better for everyone.

Hobo

His time is up at the club.

CovisGod

Harsh on Bakes, I'm a fan. Although after losing the captaincy will his heart still be in it ? I think he's defo still got a job to do with us, although he's not going to be happy if he doesn't play week in week out. Anyone know just how high his wages are ? That's probably a big factor

skybluepm2

People forget the impact he had during our 1st season in League 1 and will point to the fact that last season he wasn't perhaps at his best despite not playing as many games.

The fact remains that given our pathetically sized squad at present, we shouldn't really in a position to get rid of a player who is capable of getting a combination of 10-15 goals and assists this term. For me it's all about Scrotium getting him off the wage bill simple as that, he still has the ability as a player at this level.

Plus, he actually gives a shit about the club. How many other players in the current squad could we say the same about?

junglej13

People forget the impact he had during our 1st season in League 1 and will point to the fact that last season he wasn't perhaps at his best despite not playing as many games.

The fact remains that given our pathetically sized squad at present, we shouldn't really in a position to get rid of a player who is capable of getting a combination of 10-15 goals and assists this term. For me it's all about Scrotium getting him off the wage bill simple as that, he still has the ability as a player at this level.

Plus, he actually gives a shit about the club. How many other players in the current squad could we say the same about?

Couldnt agree more. I think most people acknowledge off the field he is an absolute class act and really appreciates his time as time as a footballer. On the field I think some of our fans don't give him enough credit. Yes he can be inconsistent and frustrating but he will come close to hitting double figures in goals in this league again next season ...most probably with another club. Im not convinced any midfielder currently on the books will get 5 goals next season. Hope I'm wrong.

ccfcway

Im not convinced any midfielder currently on the books will get 5 goals next season. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not convinced any PLAYER currently on our books will get 5 goals next season.

At this point, I would say Reda Johnson will be top scorer

Sick Boy

If it's true and he is on 8k a week, then we should get rid as soon as possible.

It seems like the 'Bakes' <cringe> love in comes from the fact he talks to fans on Facebook.

Marty

Hes got to go if he's on 8k a week.

I'm not impressed with any of the signings apart from Johnson, I think we may struggle again.

smileycov

Facebook User
I play Golf with the guy that Baker is currently taking Golf lessons from. He said it is all rumour mill and CB is not leaving at all. Just thought I would chuck my pennies worth in.

tom88

I have an addition to add to this however I know I will get slated for this..........

I know a person who has done Carl Bakers mortgage renewal for the Coventry area...........This is from a family who sponsore Blair Adams shirts last...which I have signed along with Murphys.....And yes I have photos to prove it

It could mean nothing but I do not think Carl will be leaving.

AFCCOVENTRY

I go to the same supermarket as Baker and I happen to use the same checkout counter as Carl. The checkout guy said it's all nonsense but Carl did tell him that CCFC are moving back to the Coventry area one day.

paulw

If it's true and he is on 8k a week, then we should get rid as soon as possible.

It seems like the 'Bakes' <cringe> love in comes from the fact he talks to fans on Facebook.

Once again some moron has spread rumours of a player receiving xxx amount of salary when they know naf all. Murphy was known to be the highest earner and he was on 4000. Why don't fans care about the onfield performance rather than the salary? Also, the 'love-in' as you call it has nothing to do facebook but from the fact the fans supported him when his brother passed away. Baker has a great character and is a great guy who has done so much for charity. I personally hope he doesn't go as he cares for the supporters as well as the club.

Covkid1968#

I have an addition to add to this however I know I will get slated for this..........

I know a person who has done Carl Bakers mortgage renewal for the Coventry area...........This is from a family who sponsore Blair Adams shirts last...which I have signed along with Murphys.....And yes I have photos to prove it

It could mean nothing but I do not think Carl will be leaving.

Is this the right moment to mention data protection??? - even a public person like CB is entitled to some privacy. We now know he is taking golf lessons, is applying for a mortgage and shops at a supermarket.:facepalm:
:facepalm:

Covstu

I doubt he would be on that much be he has certainly fell out of favour with the management for whatever reason. I hope he stays and proves himself to be the asset we all know he is.

Grendel

Once again some moron has spread rumours of a player receiving xxx amount of salary when they know naf all. Murphy was known to be the highest earner and he was on 4000. Why don't fans care about the onfield performance rather than the salary? Also, the 'love-in' as you call it has nothing to do facebook but from the fact the fans supported him when his brother passed away. Baker has a great character and is a great guy who has done so much for charity. I personally hope he doesn't go as he cares for the supporters as well as the club.

It's strange you use a rumour about one players wages to justify why another's should not be discussed.

Sick Boy

What's your source for Murphy's salary?

Since when is the basis for judging whether a player should stay at the club is work done for chatity and their personality?

CCFC88

I see posts have been made about his personal life and jokes about his supermarket,

i saw him in the Penny Farthing pub on the bannerbrook estate on Saturday evening and I have been told by a mate who has just moved into the estate that he has brought a place up there in the past month. We walked past said property on the way back to my mates house and the car outside was clearly his or a relation of his from the number plate.

Obviously houses can be sold so doesn't mean hes staying and he may have been visiting a family member or brought the house for someone else, but Ive been assured its his.

Covstu

i feel left out, i think i am the only one on here that HASNT seen Baker out and know where he lives!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He was selling his bloody caravan on Facebook the other week. With the greatest of respect, anyone on £400K+ a year doesn't go on caravan holidays to Rhyl. It's a bullshit figure invented by someone trying to build ill-feeling and acrimony in his direction; and repeated by those with similar intent

NorthernWisdom

He was selling his bloody caravan on Facebook the other week. With the greatest of respect, anyone on £400K+ a year doesn't go on caravan holidays to Rhyl. It's a bullshit figure invented by someone trying to build ill-feeling and acrimony in his direction; and repeated by those with similar intent

It's a figure that's unknown, but as possible as anything given players signed around his time most definitely were on £8k pw, and came with a lower reputation than him.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's a figure that's unknown, but as possible as anything given players signed around his time most definitely were on £8k pw, and came with a lower reputation than him.

The key word here being 'possible'. It's equally 'possible' he's not on £8K a week. Where's the evidence he is? The fact he goes on caravanning holidays and drives a modest C-Class is seemingly indicative he's on a much more modest sum

NorthernWisdom

The key word here being 'possible'. It's equally 'possible' he's not on £8K a week. Where's the evidence he is? The fact he goes on caravanning holidays and drives a modest C-Class is seemingly indicative he's on a much more modest sum

It is indeed possible otherwise.

But the automatic dismissal is as moronic as any absolute claim that's his salary.

The balance of probability suggests to me, given what I know of other players signed of his vintage, that I'll err on it being more than likely his salary ain't half bad. There's no agenda there in thinking that either. I'd also get rid myself as he's probably at a stage where whatever value he has needs to be realised now. Given the second half of last season, I'd be replacing most of the squad given a chance, tbh...

As ever, it's who he's replaced with that counts.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It is indeed possible otherwise.

But the automatic dismissal is as moronic as any absolute claim that's his salary.

The balance of probability suggests to me, given what I know of other players signed of his vintage, that I'll err on it being more than likely his salary ain't half bad.

It's not moronic to dismiss an absolute figure that's got no proof or science to it, is it?

Grendel

It's not moronic to dismiss an absolute figure that's got no proof or science to it, is it?

It stems from the fact Duleiu offered a contract extension to him and a group of other players on enhanced salaries. I would guess his basic is £4,000 with bonuses for appearances etc. taking it nearer to the figure quoted. Its hard to believe when signed by us he was on much less than that before the contract was offered to extend his stay. There was a newspaper article quoting murphy at £8,000 a week.

CCFC PimpRail

I don't believe for a second that ccfc are so broke that they have to sell a player every time a large legal bill comes in. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose just to point the finger at those naughty people from acl/ccc/hmrc so they can sue them for their own downfall and batter them in court.

Users who are viewing this thread