Baker out (1 Viewer)

Marty

Right, I'm not blind to the fact of anything. Maybe you should read the definition of a "wide man" and then read the definition of "diamond formation".

Here we go, not the best player we have, nowhere near as bad as you're saying though (don't worry, he's going to be out for a while, you can start on Bell next) and, in MY opinion had a great game last week. I had no idea that having an opinion on Baker having a great game last week could grate someones gears so much - ridiculous.

It's not just you, everyone wants to bum the hell out of him for some reason, the guy is shite. It just pisses me off, how everyone bangs on about how great some players are(I.e. Doyle, Shaw, Baker, Morrell) yet they are average at best. Yet some very good players (Stern John, Best) are booed off every week because they aren't headless chickens (or in some peoples case black).

Even in the narrow diamond formation your still expected to get out wide and help deal with the opposition wide men. otherwise you deal with 2 against 1 on your wing backs. The diamond formation shouldn't be used ridig and it's not, when defending it goes to the 1 sitting deep staying as he is, then the tip of the diamond drops back to make a flat 3 in the middle to allow to the wide players to get out to their men.

kg82

Jesus, I'm not bumming him, I said he had a good game and you went off on one. Bit of perspective please. I'll give players credit or stick if they deserve it, simple as that.

Marty

Jesus, I'm not bumming him, I said he had a good game and you went off on one. Bit of perspective please. I'll give players credit or stick if they deserve it, simple as that.

From 'brilliant' and 'great' to 'good', at least your getting closer to his performance i guess. theres hope for you yet. ;):p

torchomatic

Any news on his injury yet?

Nonleagueherewecome

Guess what folks-it's all about opinions! I thought Baker was generally good last week-as well as his goal he went close twice, and did a lot of the good things that others have pointed out. But he also gave the ball away a fair bit in the first 20 minutes before growing into the game.

So I'm somewhere inbetween-he was bad at some things, good at others, and his goal was a real beauty-as was his long-range effort. If you don't rate Baker, you can simply pick the things he did that weren't great and just write him off as crap. But if you just want every player to do well, and are of an optimistic disposition, you can just as easily focus on the positives to be taken from a much-improved performance by a player who needs confidence to perform well. Don't tell me that the difference between his City and Stockport performances isn't something to do with the fact that he was adored there as one of their greatest ever players-and most charismatic to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread