Baker out (2 Viewers)

skybluesben

ouch :/ get better soon!

ccfcway

arent we getting a loan to replace midielders Carsley / Gunnar / Osbourne / McIndoe et al

CovScott88

The only slight ray of hope is that he wasn't being given any oxygen/morphine, so I doubt it would have been a break or a dislocation. Probably a bad ligament strain.

im-confused

Just like the leicester game, Baker ended up getting "carried away" and leaving the game early. (Excuse the bad pun) :)

torchomatic

Oh, I see. I saw "Baker Out" and just assumed that was the name of the new owner.

Marty

no loss, done next to nothing on the pitch this season, gives somebody like Thomas a chance, no ideal i agree, but rather have a young lad trying to make a name for himself then the woeful baker.

ccfcrob

He is one of are WORST players so its no loss at all get conor thomas in, the only downside to his injury is that it opens the door for Mcsheffrey to walk back in which is all we bloody need

Nonleagueherewecome

arent we getting a loan to replace midielders Carsley / Gunnar / Osbourne / McIndoe et al

What, like the one we got in when Carsley was crocked, Aron the only fit CM, and we'd just given Doyle away to a relegation rival and loaned Thomas out for a quick buck? Mmm. Been here before, we have. Aidy didn't have a chance..Thorn is 5 times the manager, but he'll bloody have to be!

Nonleagueherewecome

no loss, done next to nothing on the pitch this season, gives somebody like Thomas a chance, no ideal i agree, but rather have a young lad trying to make a name for himself then the woeful baker.

He's one of only 2 league goalscorers for us this season. That volley against Derby was a bit more than "nothing"!

Marty

He's one of only 2 league goalscorers for us this season. That volley against Derby was a bit more than "nothing"!

anyone can swing a boot at it and hope for the best ;). Nah it was a class goal, but take away that goal, and that average performance last week. We would have been better playing without him this season & last season.

kg82

Hah, what?! Average performance? He was brilliant last week. Get well soon Baker, hope it's not too bad.

Marty

Hah, what?! Average performance? He was brilliant last week. Get well soon Baker, hope it's not too bad.

This is why we'll never achieve anything. If that was brilliant you have either been watching us to long or don't have a clue.

kg82

Oh yeah, the old "don't have a clue" insult! He was great last week, it's not a big deal to say that you realise? No, you're right, lets just pick some players out the team and say how shit they are. That Murphy, awful fucking keeper - let in 3 last night! Juke - lanky piece of piss! McDonald - 2 games and hasn't scored... SELL HIM!!!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Baker, bad though he can be, was one of the few people I saw willing to take a man on last night. Him and Christie have been our main attacking threats all season and now one of them is out for god knows how long... Unless Hussey starts beating people (which he is capable of and did against Derby) then we're gonna be snatching at half chances.

Last edited:

Marty

Oh yeah, the old "don't have a clue" insult! He was great last week, it's not a big deal to say that you realise? No, you're right, lets just pick some players out the team and say how shit they are. That Murphy, awful fucking keeper - let in 3 last night! Juke - lanky piece of piss! McDonald - 2 games and hasn't scored... SELL HIM!!!

oh dear :facepalm:

Baker was not 'great' last week, take away his goal and that shot he had from about 30 yards. done very little with the ball, gave away the ball alot, gave away some stupid free kicks. How anyone can say that was a great performance is beyond me. By Bakers standards it may have been great but I can assure you it wasn't. Think peoples judgments are being clouded by the goal. It's like when somebody scores a goal but was shite and is given MOTM by the clueless sponsors.

kg82

McPake, bad though he can be, was one of the few people I saw willing to take a man on last night. Him and Christie have been our main attacking threats all season and now one of them is out for god knows how long... Unless Hussey starts beating people (which he is capable of and did against Derby) then we're gonna be snatching at half chances.

Think you mean Baker dude!! That's quite a mix up!!

Marty

Maybe he got mixed up with the amount of quality he brings to the pitch this season. Easy to mix up Baker with somebody sitting in the stands. :p

kg82

oh dear :facepalm:

Baker was not 'great' last week, take away his goal and that shot he had from about 30 yards. done very little with the ball, gave away the ball alot, gave away some stupid free kicks. How anyone can say that was a great performance is beyond me. By Bakers standards it may have been great but I can assure you it wasn't. Think peoples judgments are being clouded by the goal. It's like when somebody scores a goal but was shite and is given MOTM by the clueless sponsors.

Dude, I'm not even thinking about the goal. Stop being so pretentious and I may actually listen to what you have to say. Baker tracked back, went forward, tackled, blocked, created, scored. Watch the match again and maybe don't say things like "oh dear :facepalm:". I'm not saying Bakers the answer to our problems, but I'm also saying Baker isn't the main problem, which is what you seem to have an agenda about.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Ha yeah I just saw it :facepalm:

and I agree with kg82 on this one. Baker was doing a lot of tracking back and actually trying to create things - at least showing signs of the Baker than joined from Stockport. In a midfield lacking bite, he was having to do some of the stuff he's not really paid to do. He's paid to create chances which he does more than McSheffrey or Bell.

Personally I'd push Clingan forward - instead of leaving him back and making him play long balls, stick Cranie infront of the back 4, give Bigi a rest and push Clingan forward - let him have a few pops at goal!

Marty

Dude, I'm not even thinking about the goal. Stop being so pretentious and I may actually listen to what you have to say. Baker tracked back, went forward, tackled, blocked, created, scored. Watch the match again and maybe don't say things like "oh dear :facepalm:". I'm not saying Bakers the answer to our problems, but I'm also saying Baker isn't the main problem, which is what you seem to have an agenda about.

I don't have an agenda against him, you're just blind to the fact that he was average last week. The things you mentioned (except for the goal) are the minimum requirements for a wide man, doing the minimum doesn't make him have a great performance, if he was going past there left back with ease all the time, creating 10 chances a game then yeah, but again as last night proved, he doesn't know how to use the ball with it at his feet. plenty of times (could be considered s trait) he runs to the corner, tries a little step over, the defender doesn't fall for it and he passes it to Hussey in the most relaxed obviously way possible, making it easy for their midfielder to spot where the ball is going and close it down or able to put the pressure instanly onto Hussey. His passing although not as bad as doyles, it's not that far behind. hes indecisive and takes him a good few seconds to release the ball when it should already be at the feet of another player.

Simple fact is that he isn't good enough for the championship.

kg82

Right, I'm not blind to the fact of anything. Maybe you should read the definition of a "wide man" and then read the definition of "diamond formation".

Here we go, not the best player we have, nowhere near as bad as you're saying though (don't worry, he's going to be out for a while, you can start on Bell next) and, in MY opinion had a great game last week. I had no idea that having an opinion on Baker having a great game last week could grate someones gears so much - ridiculous.

covcity4life

bad luck and hope hes back soon

he was terrible yesterday though and too lightweight

why was he even going for that header when he was next to hussey and they both had ocean of space to trap the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread