Baker / mcsheffrey (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

A catalyst not the catalyst. Like I said sheff and Barton two different players.

I think Barton is a better player, scored more, and if given more games at AMC, I'm sure he'll surpass McSheff in the assist department.

kg82

The runs sheffs been making has made space for other players. Barton doesn't have that movement. It's a moot point anyway, Robins won't drop sheff for Barton.

wingy

MR would be Stupid to have put all that work into getting Mcsheff back to his best and hungry to go and demoralise him again .....IMO.

Mucca Mad Boys

The runs sheffs been making has made space for other players. Barton doesn't have that movement. It's a moot point anyway, Robins won't drop sheff for Barton.

We seemed to miss them runs in the middle yesterday, when we won 4-1 away to second.

Mucca Mad Boys

MR would be Stupid to have put all that work into getting Mcsheff back to his best and hungry to go and demoralise him again .....IMO.

Back to his best? Nowhere near! He's scored hardly any in the league.

He's been an improvement from last season performance wise, but, he isn't the McSheffrey we seen before he went Brum.

Mucca Mad Boys

We get it, you have some sort of agenda against sheff! Point stands, he won't get dropped. And doesn't deserve to either.

I don't have an agenda v Sheff, I look at stats which suggests Barton is a better player, which IMO, he is.

I don't have an agenda against any Cov player, whereas a lot of people have an agenda v Murphy.

kg82

1 - stats are in no way the be all and end all of what makes a better player. 2 - no one else is saying drop sheff because the can see he's playing well. So yeah, it kind of seems like an agenda. 3 - its still a moot point.

Mucca Mad Boys

1 - stats are in no way the be all and end all of what makes a better player. 2 - no one else is saying drop sheff because the can see he's playing well. So yeah, it kind of seems like an agenda. 3 - its still a moot point.

1 - that's why I said suggests. 2 - there are people saying drop Baker, is that an agenda? I believe it's an opinion, it is my opinion that McSheff shouldn't start, it isn't an agenda, I don't believe it's a problem, I just think Barton should start ahead of him. 3 - it is, but again, it's down to opinion.

stupot07

This season
Barton started 13 in all competitions - w4 d4 L5 win ratio 26.6%
Sheffers stared 15 in all competitions w11 d2 L2 win ratio 73.3%

Yeah goals are the only stats that matter

Mucca Mad Boys

This season
Barton started 13 in all competitions - w4 d4 L5 win ratio 26.6%
Sheffers stared 15 in all competitions w11 d2 L2 win ratio 73.3%

Yeah goals are the only stats that matter

Pretty distorted stat that is though.

Never been fan of player played win %... Why? Because this happens to more coincidental, at one point, England had a better win % when Emile Heskey started than Defoe, Crouch or Bent... All 3 are better than Emile Heskey and we all know it.

Goals and assists do matter... Quite clearly.

stupot07

Never been fan of player played win %... Why? Because this happens to more coincidental, at one point, England had a better win % when Emile Heskey started than Defoe, Crouch or Bent... All 3 are better than Emile Heskey and we all know it.

Win ratio don't matter more than goals? Points won prizes, and push you up the table, that's a rediculous statement.

Yes Heskey wasn't a better player than those you mentioned but he obviously 'enabled' those around him to flourish.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Either way Sheff is part of a machine that is clearly doing well at the moment

I would bring in Baker for Barton but could understand if the team remains unchanged from the Doncaster match, Sheff doesn't need to be dropped

Users who are viewing this thread